It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Bomb placed at MLK Day parade was'domestic terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

FBI: Bomb placed at MLK Day parade was'domestic terrorism'

www.rawstory.com

A bomb left in a backpack on the route of a Martin Luther King Day parade in Spokane, Washington has been described as being in the "realm of domestic terrorism" by the FBI. domestic terrorism" by the FBI. The bomb was found on bench Monday morning at the northeast corner of North Washington Street and West Main Avenue in the city's downtown core. Spokane police were alerted to its presence before the parade -- which was attended by some 1,000 people -- got underway The parade was rerouted away Y
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure about this one. It seems it would be easy to make something like this up to drum up fear. I haven't heard anything about this yet. I hope IED's don't start making it stateside. That is the last thing anyone needs. I can't think of a more anxious state to live in than being under a constant threat of hidden and powerful explosives.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

i agree sounds like more fear mongering- a possible made up bomb by someone in the government to promote fear. And notice how these 'bombs' never go off.

If someone was really trying to cause devastation they would have gone off. I'm just sayin'.

edit on 18-1-2011 by freedish because: and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

They won't elaborate any further than it is a bomb and it was supposed to to off and almost killed a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

This situation has received no media attention at all. Spokane is a large city and this device could certainly have caused serious damage and causualties. Likely as many as in the Times Square incident.

Why no coverage? Under what grounds do they suggest that it is in the "realm of domestic terrorism"? They have not identified a suspect, they have not indicated they have any evidence on the matter at all.

Is it because the bomb was supposed to go off on MLK day that they suggest that it is some domestic hate group? Why? MLK day is a day where Americans across every group come together to celebrate the man's life and acknowledge his contribution to our country. There are folks of every stripe at those events. A public gathering is exactly the kind of forum islamic terrorists target.

I'm just curious as to why no coverage and why the assumption that it was domestic in nature. White type of domestic group? Islamic, white hate group? Too little information out about this. There is more to this story than they are telling us about.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Well put. They tell us nothing about anything other than it was dangerous and deadly and domestic terrorism. I'm also suprised was the lack of MSM coverage. A bomb in a city of the US is not news these days?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
if they really wanted to do it, they would have placed the real explosives along the alternative route..seems like there is something the media is not telling us. Also, I agree with the fear monger strategy that could be in place there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe the media is waiting on more evidence to surface like who planted the device before coming forward so that people don't jump to conclusions about who planted it.

But, the MSM did pick up on this story already, that's where Rawstory got the information from it seems.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 1/18/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I guess not. What is curious is that the MSM would generally jump all over a domestic terror theme as it plays into their "angry white mob" ideology. The timing of it would also underscore their nonsensical bit about how talk radio caused the business in Tuscon. They are not taking it and running with it which does not make sense. You can just see Bill Maher jumping all over it, but he's not.

Even the positive element of the story which is how the citizens alerted the police who then redirected the parade so that the MLK celebration could be continued would be news.

I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

But they are already saying it looks like domestic terrorists. Why throw that out there?
edit on 18-1-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The FBI will have to show me a bomb, and explain in a little more detail what they think went down before ill get on their bandwagon.
They have been responsible for shepherding around some of the 9/11 arabs before the fact too...
What deep game is being played remains to be patiently pieced together over the long haul, because it doesnt look like there will be more info soon.
They either know nothing, or they are trying not to tip their hand right now....yeah right....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I have no idea unless they found evidence to support it. Perhaps it's because it's a terror act that happened domestically? As opposed to foreign domestic terror that typically happens in other countries. I really don't know, I missed mind reading school at Hogwarts so I have no real idea why they said that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yeah, they could and usually would be milking something like this for political ammo. Maybe whatukno is right and they have to wait for some reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm sorry you missed it. It was amazing; I can u2u my notes if you want.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Spokane is a very racist down that suffers from massive unemployment and alcoholism/drugattics.

Its not a huge surprise this would happen here on this day. Best bet for who did it? Maybe check out the KKK strongholds across the border to Idaho?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don't know anything about Spokane. I hope you're wrong because that would be terrible and indeed domestic terrorism.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This was an IED. A bomb disguised and placed as a booby trap is an IED. The media uses the term IED because it makes the enemy look like they have some sort of holy grail weapon that cant be defeated when it is nothing more than a homemade bomb.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don't know anything about Spokane. I hope you're wrong because that would be terrible and indeed domestic terrorism.

I have a bunch of family that lives there, when it had jobs it was a town of drinking and racing.

Google coeur d'alene,idaho KKK and watch the racist articles stream to your sreeen!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Probably one of those people that believe there is such a thing as Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians and Tea Partiers.

Its all Obama's fault right?

The president is the highest position in the country. Bet they still believe that one as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This made me think of those two mail bombs in DC. They happened the day before the Tuscan shooting. Then press lost interest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join