It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideological Subversion through Television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Changing the perception of reality to such an extent that it becomes acceptable, the unreal becomes real, and when enough people believe that the unreal is the real - this becomes the new reality. I do not believe that it is a mistake that what is shown on television is called 'programming' because it is exactly what is happening to the minds of the people who watch it. It is in the end the primary mechanism by which societies are destroyed and recreated in a different image.

As women and children are the leading demographic the majority programing is targeted at them. Men are represented as buffoons or uninvolved, white men also as rapists and thieves. Females in all leadership roles, males as subservient morons. Rather then showing you a reflection of society, television shows you what society will be in the near future - the final result of a populace literally being programmed.

Mixed race couples, rampant lesbianism amongst school girls, breast implants, braces on teeth, the glory of war, whether you feel these things are good or bad in each case they were programmed into the population through television. You may not feel that a future with half of the shows on the Disney Channel showing girl on girl romance is bad, but children will think it is normal, and if they decide to show pedophilia relationships tomorrow would you draw the line then? Because every one of these lines has been crossed in the past. Every one of those relationships that are considered today as acceptable were lines that were crossed by television in the past BEFORE it ever became the norm - this is programming.

If you can realize that television programming is a very deliberate action - scripts, casting, target audience, all specifically chosen for a very specific reason - then it should not be such a stretch to realize that this deliberate action has been implemented with an end goal in mind - to program society to accept a new reality.

Once we realize that this programming is in fact deliberate we have to wonder who and why? From where is this agenda coming and for what final objective? What is the plan that they have in store for us, is it good? I personally do not feel that the puppet master have ever had our best interests in mind. I suspect that their motives are anything but altruistic, but then maybe it's just me. What say you?

edit on 18-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

That's one way of looking at it. Here's another way. People choose to watch television. There's nobody forcing people to watch television. If they didn't watch television programming, they wouldn't be influenced by what they see on television. It's only because so many people like television, that television programming producers, wield such influence over people who enjoy television. See? In any case, it comes down to parenting. Parents allow the television because it occupies the kids, and gives them a chance to do other things. If a parent is allowing a child to be influenced by the television programming, what you have, is bad parenting. At this point, i'm thinking television is But that's just me, I could be wrong. I personally don't watch television, so what do I know?

edit on 1/18/11 by JustSomeGuy74 because: humility

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

. Men are represented as buffoons or uninvolved, white men also as rapists and thieves. Females in all leadership roles, males as subservient morons.

Mixed race couples, rampant lesbianism amongst school girls, breast implants, braces on teeth, the glory of war, whether you feel these things are good or bad in each case they were programmed into the population through television.

edit on 18-1-2011- by EssenSieMich because: sp

Not from what I have seen! (Here in New Zealand, 85-95% of our TV programming comes from the USA, so I know American TV, and what I see is pretty much the opposite of what you claim.
The rapists, thieves and murderers are almost never white men, but if they are they are "foreign" - usually British, tho' murderers are very often women...
As an example, a recent episode of Castle which I saw had three suspects - an Arab, a black American man and a white British woman. To my surprise (although I shouldn't actually have been surprised) the murderer turned out to the black American man. (I'd have put money on the Arab or the woman..)
Women in leadership roles? Not as far as I can see! Women are the faithful minions of the white men - they're generally 10-20 years younger, and their blouses are much bigger than their brains. What I di see, however, is a grovelling towards authority figures, especially the military, that is unprecedented - take Stargate SGU as an example, where the military absolutely dominate and there are precisely three civilians in the core cast - an Asian woman, a British man and the standard fat maths nerd, who ends up getting stuck in the middle.
Oh, I forgot civilian number 4, the busty teenage girl who spreads her favours among all the military men...
So, I will give you the glory of war, but that figures now, doesn't it? The USA is embroiled in so many of Bush's wars that you will never get free as far as I can see.
Vicky

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Great topic,S&F. Are the values that television propagates deliberate? Absolutely!

The term "manufacturing consent" was initially coined by Edward S Herman and Noam Chomsky. "Manufacturing consent" describes a propaganda model used by the corporate media to sway public opinion and "inculcate individuals with values and beliefs...": The mass media serve as a system for communicating messages and symbols to the general populace. It is their function to amuse, entertain, and inform, and to inculcate individuals with the values, beliefs, and codes of behavior that will integrate them into the institutional structures of the larger society. In a world of concentrated wealth and major conflicts of class interest, to fulfill this role requires systematic propaganda. (Manufacturing Consent by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky) "Manufacturing consent" implies manipulating and shaping public opinion. It establishes conformity and acceptance to authority and social hierarchy. It seeks compliance to an established social order. "Manufacturing consent" describes the submission of public opinion to the mainstream media narrative, to its lies and fabrications.

Herman and Chomsky, can say it a lot better than I ever could!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think the thing that bothers me the most is that people don't seem to realize that they are being programmed. If you tell anyone they are being programmed through the television they will undoubtedly think you are insane. Saying that people choose to watch TV shows is not really an answer because the people making the choices have no idea that there is a subconscious programming being run on their brain. We all can see the way the government hates the internet because the internet bypasses the message that the MSM wants to spoon feed us in their 'news' shows.

Does anyone have any information on the frequencies being used in these broadcasts? Is there a deliberate hypnotic effect?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
bad guys and big brother can use your own cable and satelitte tvs to spy into your home /make sure your family is dressed when tube is on! sounds crazy but true!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i believe we are 4 years into the 3 seal /black horse of the book of revelations this is an economic seal/ how long this seal will last /only jesus knows/ with the increase in earthquakes/animal die offs/5 million more home foreclosures on the way.jobs going to china/crop failures/ best is to prepare /store food and other supplies/ and prepare your hearts and minds for the return of lord jesus and the new kingdom! stay tuned and watch for yourselfs. sign ed joethewatchman> look for more joethewatchman on twitter

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
But isn't wanting to take a show off the air because it's content is different then the view the world you have , just a form of censorship? I mean I disagree with the idea that everybody's reality is shaped by television. We've had mixed race couples on tv for decades and we've had specials on how good a person MLK Jr but we still have the klan.

I mean is some of the stuff they show on tv hurting society? Yeah but is it hurting in a way that's remarkable or that warrants change? No not at all and it does like someone else said , come down to the parents.

If you think something is hurting your child or that child's view of the world ,then don't let them watch it. We invented the v-chip for a reason.

Use it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

It's not about a particular show as much as it's about the overall direction of all things shown on television. There may be several different shows but if there is a small consistent message coming through in all of them, then it is classic Eriksonian hypnotism.

As a hypothetical example just imagine O'reilly has a can of coke on his desk. Hannah Montana says lets go get a coke. There is a coke commercial during a ball game. And the family guys dog is named Pepsi. - All of these things cumulatively send a message to a persons subconscious... Pepsi sucks. Now imagine doing it with less obvious social messages rather than an obvious corporate logo - very insidious and effective.

top topics

join