It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook delays plans to release phone numbers, addresses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Facebook announced on its developer blog on Friday it would begin granting developers access to home addresses and mobile numbers but the social network followed up with another post on Tuesday saying the move had been put on hold.

Source

Well,we will see how this one turns out exactly.Either way you look at it,in my opinion it is dangerous putting certain information on any social network period.
Best to not even have one,that way there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How can they access those things if you don't put them on there in the first place? or make something up?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I believe that what they were going to do was allow access to third party advertisers "if" your information was on there? I am not 100% exactly on that point.

either way,the site is an information gathering,spy threat period imo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yep I already removed all my info and deactivated my account. I'm not paranoid, as some suggested, I just don't want my info used without my permission.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Unfortunately in this day and age we find ourselves living in anything and everything is a possibility and should be treated as such.

My mindset is "rather be safe than sorry" if They really wanted to phish any information available about anyone,they easily could and will if they so choose.
that fact reaches deeper & further than just facebook,that goes for anywhere online.
edit on 19-1-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

top topics

join