It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westbound Geese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just went out on my deck here in Oregon and saw the most numerous flocks of geese I have ever seen and they were flying directly East to West. I was just wondering if it was unusual for Geese to fly in January and if flying West is unusual, thanks.

spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

my guess they are looking for a spot to be .......If they were Canadian they are farley rugged and can fly a good distance ...lots of pockets of weather both warm and cool ...the earth is having diverse weather so maybe the gulf is not the place to be .....God will take care of them ...I pray .......peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thanks for the reply 2r1, I was just wondering if it was unusual. I had not considered them just flying around looking for a place to chill, but man, there was a dozen different flocks with hundreds of birds in each one and I have lived hear for 8 years and have never seen em' in Jan.

peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm in Denver and year round I see the geese fly... north, south, east and west.

I used to wonder where they would go when things would get subzero and then one day I drove by a lake that wasn't quite frozen and all the geese were huddled up together in the one area that was completely unfrozen. For what I know maybe it's the geese's presence that keeps that section melted.

Do you have bad weather coming in? Maybe they're headed toward the coast where the warmer air is coming from.

Found this website which was helpful.

www.ducks.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

They can smell weather from many many miles away ....peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Maybe they're headed toward the coast where the warmer air is coming from.

That sounds logical SF, but I still do not recall seeing them in January. We are kind of in a unique position these days it seems, and I was wondering if any magnetic anomalies were at play.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

edit on 18-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join