It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bernardschnitzel Banned already? Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've been lurking for a couple years, but I think that this is my first thread that I've started.

I read the thread and posts by bernardschnitzel. For anyone who didn't catch them, he's an octogenarian who claims to have been a bystander / witness to the Roswell crash site, along with several other locals. He posted as much in his introduction thread, which caused so many replies that the thread was temporarily closed because he was offline for so long without responding (A matter of hours, not days).

One of his posts said something to the effect that he doesn't have his own internet connection, and goes to a relative's house to use it once or twice a day. His response to the overwhelming response to his intro thread was essentially "I'll type up my story and post it in a thread. Give me a little time to get it all together, and I'll post it as soon as I can." (My paraphrasing). Well, that was yesterday or the day before. I've been checking back to see if he's had a chance to post anything. I clicked on his name to go to his profile to check for recent posts. Nothing new. Then I noticed on the left, where it says "Banned." Well, that explains the lack of posts.

So my question is: If the man asked for a little time and patience from us to allow him to type up his story, why ban him after a day of non-posting? Is there something behind the scenes that I'm missing? Or has this site become so sensitive to potential hoaxers that the ban-hammer is on code red at all times? I was really looking forward to hearing what this man had to say.

Let's just say: What if this guy was legit? Our community could have gotten first dibs on an amazing story.

And what's the harm of letting the guy keep an account until he posts his thread? Then assess the veracity of the story, fact-check, overtroll, clarify, etc, etc... Do what this site does best... /after/ we've heard the man out.

This community is so interesting, yet sooooooo disappointing sometimes. I read something on the site every day, but I can see how people might have a hard time taking this place seriously.

I hope we didn't miss out on something interesting due to a knee-jerk pre-emptive banning.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
they don't discuss why people are banned.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiizhan

LOL! He got banned TWICE already! And rightly so!

He was not who he said he was, he abandoned his own thread after making outrageous claims, and then after being banned, he came back under a new name, with new outrageous claims, and once again he got caught in lies. He posted pics as his own, but they were instantly identified by several members.

Mods on this site, as well as site admins do a great job at keeping out the riffraff. I was suprised his first thread lasted as long as it did.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I thought it was because the IP was the same as someone who had previously been banned making similar claims that were fraudulent?

EDIT- GetReady said it better than me...

edit on 18-1-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow, you guys are quick. Thanks, I must've missed all that while I was at work.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiizhan

And on that note this thread is now closed, and if anyone wishes that thread is still up but closed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

Sauron

new topics

top topics

join