It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. High School Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Could be injured yes, all 3 *shot* with one bullet accidentally going off no.
edit on 18-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Prendargast said the three victims have been treated by paramedics and transported to a hospital. He had no information on their conditions.

Prendargast said a teacher called 911 at 10:41 a.m. local time and police from the city of Gardena initially responded. The school is actually located in the city of Los Angeles and the incident is being turned over to Los Angeles police.

The school is currently on lockdown as SWAT teams surround the building, searching for the gunman. A nearby elementary school is also on lockdown.

MyFoxLA reports that police have identified the suspect, who is 14 or 15 years-old. The station also reports that police have found a weapon
SOURCE

However...is not very updated...as the shooter has been caught.
edit on January 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kayzar

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Kayzar

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well of course. I wouldn't be surprised the shooter and the victims were of Hispanic aka Mexican origin. Can you imagine the backlash by the Right?

Get it right, hispanic means more or less from spain
Mexican means from mexico.

Its actually Latino - - the current proper or popular label.

If you want to get picky.

No.... Latino means from Latin america. These are all different terms it would be like calling a canadian an american.

Whatever.

Gun - school - kids injured.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
True.

Most guns used in criminal activity are stolen.

Yep, I can go to almost any city in America in 45 min of talking to the right people walk off with an assault rifle or whatver if I have enough cash.

For 50.00 I can get a 9mm probly hotter than the sun.

[sarcasm] Personaly though I blame the Lipton Family - I know there has to be a way to spin this; sadly in a back room at MSNBC I bet someone already is hot at work on that topic.... [/sarcasm]

link   

Important Points to Remember
The difference between Latino and Hispanic:

Latino generally refers to countries (or cultures) that were once under Roman rule. This includes Italy, France, Spain, etc. Brazilians are considered to be Latino, but are not considered to be Hispanic.

Hispanic describes cultures or countries that were once under Spanish rule (Mexico, Central America, and most South America where Spanish is the primary language).
In American-English, Latino has come to be equated with Hispanic and are often used interchangeably without offense. However:

Latino: When referring to gender neutral, identifying both men and women, use Latino.

Latina: When specifically referring to women, use Latina.

womeninbusiness.about.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Kayzar

Go on to Wikipedia and look up the terms for Hispanic and Latino. Trust me I'm not a dummy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
reply to post by Kayzar

Go on to Wikipedia and look up the terms for Hispanic and Latino. Trust me I'm not a dummy.

Don't really care - - start a separate thread. Three kids are injured.

I do know in the area of Human Resources - - - they are now including an explanation box - - so accurate ethnic lineage can be described by the individual.

Because official forms use Hispanic/Latino - - sometimes Hispanic/Latino/Mexican - - (singular or combination of).

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So silly, who gives a damn hispanic mexican spanish. People have been shot lets focus on the story at hand.

You keep refuting them anne and your wrong so there going to point it out to you.. Like you said though these kids got shot let it go.

link   
well I'm not surprised, I knew sooner or later another shooting would take place, no amount of crying (or applauding) at a pep rally could stop where this country is headed. I'm surprised it happened so soon. However, this is quite different from the Laughner shooting as

1. no political figures involved

2. children involved (harder for the MSM to blame it on the tea party, the OP said the shooter was black, even harder).

3. So close to the Laughner shooting, I'm guessing this is not a staged event (I believe Loughner was a MKULTRA stooge, too many odd facts surrounding the case), but since Obama is not preparing for a rally I'm guessing this is a legitimate threat and so the media will just try and hush it up. I think they already admitted defeat and will not be able to pass gun legislation, this will not help them. However, being as it is children involved, they do have some "ammunition" (bad pun intended), but it complicates things because most people under 18 can't get guns anyways, or if they can, maybe that law should be changed, not changing the law to take guns away from responsible adults (which will never happen).

In America, you can count on two things: a private central bank and the right to bear arms. Better than nothing I suppose.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Considering i found out in london the uk gov uses electronic mind control in schools, you would think every american school must be the same.

When i see people today its no wonder they need these things to control people at school.

These things are not surprising at all. In my experience with what they did to me, they did everything to humiliate me and try and get me to do something, and i never wanted to do anything.

The uk gov and police where desperate for me to do something.

I would not be surprised if that stuff goes on in usa schools as well, and who knows the reasons behind columbine shootings and this today.

No one on this web board has gone through what i went through with people using techs on me to do something at school. Its like the police and uk gov where desperate for me to do something to prove there rubbish minds right. Never where they right.

They must be using same techs in american schools.
edit on 1/18/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm getting more from the local news or not.

Set backpack down on desk. Gun went off hitting a girl in head and ricocheted hitting a boy in neck.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This kid is a moron for bringing a gun to school. He's going to be spending 30, 40, or more years in the slammer. NOT WORTH IT. He wont be getting any ass for a loooooooooooong time. Worst thing about the pen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

When someone said backpack was "dropped" I didn't really believe it, but setting it on a desk makes me think that it is possibly an accident. Pencils, pens, and other debris in a backpack could conspire to depress a trigger. Also, a small caliber handgun could ricochet off someone's skull and strike someone else. The kid should not have had a gun in his backpack, but perhaps there is no conspiracy or outlandish violence at play here, and it was truly an accident?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Annee

When someone said backpack was "dropped" I didn't really believe it, but setting it on a desk makes me think that it is possibly an accident. Pencils, pens, and other debris in a backpack could conspire to depress a trigger. Also, a small caliber handgun could ricochet off someone's skull and strike someone else. The kid should not have had a gun in his backpack, but perhaps there is no conspiracy or outlandish violence at play here, and it was truly an accident?

You make some good points. Regardless...the kid is in a crap load of trouble...accident or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm wondering why he brought a gun to school, what were his intentions? I wonder if he has been in trouble before? The female student is in critical condition, I hope she makes it!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You make some good points. Regardless...the kid is in a crap load of trouble...accident or not.

The problem is - - if this kid felt the need to carry a loaded gun - - his life had probably been threatened by a gang member.

What do you do - - if you have to walk home from school - - and you know someone has intent to harm you?

Where is the real failure.

Just heard it is a Magnet school.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

[Updated at 12:28 p.m.: A school district official said two Gardena High School students were injured when a gun in a student’s backpack accidentally discharged about 10:40 a.m.

One girl was shot in the head, and is in critical condition at a hospital. The other victim, a boy, was wounded in the shoulder. According to Robert Alaniz, an LAUSD spokesman, the gun discharged when a 10th grade boy either dropped or bumped the backpack containing the weapon.]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

When someone said backpack was "dropped" I didn't really believe it, but setting it on a desk makes me think that it is possibly an accident. Pencils, pens, and other debris in a backpack could conspire to depress a trigger. Also, a small caliber handgun could ricochet off someone's skull and strike someone else.

...he couldve dropped the backpack on the desk but, yep, without the safety on, theres lots of ways a handgun can go off unexpectedly... if its an automatic, multiple bullets can be released...

...so, all those who are posting that it couldnt possibly happen are just unaware - kind of like the thread that claims the az shooter had to be an expert shootist to pull off all those shots, when reality is that a trained monkey couldve done just as much damage with an automatic...

The kid should not have had a gun in his backpack, but perhaps there is no conspiracy or outlandish violence at play here, and it was truly an accident?

...an accident only in that the gun might have gone off accidently - but - that doesnt change the fact that the kid broke the law and people got hurt because of it...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yep, very careless and tragic! Even if the kid was threatened by gangs, and brought the gun for self-defense, he still should have practiced basic gun safety, and learned how to properly handle it before he decided to carry it with him. Not to mention that a gun in the hands of a scared kid would probably have just gotten him killed by gang members. He would probably be safer getting punked and robbed by them instead of pulling a gun that he didn't know how to use and getting himself killed. Tragic on all counts.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Even if the kid was threatened by gangs, and brought the gun for self-defense, he still should have practiced basic gun safety, and learned how to properly handle it before he decided to carry it with him. Not to mention that a gun in the hands of a scared kid would probably have just gotten him killed by gang members. He would probably be safer getting punked and robbed by them instead of pulling a gun that he didn't know how to use and getting himself killed. Tragic on all counts.

Easy to say.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join