It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold weather kills 10,000 heads of cattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cold weather kills 10,000 heads of cattle

The Veterinary Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) announced about huge losses in cattle caused by the long cold spell in recent days.

Following statistics at 4pm on January 16, total of 9,248 heads of cattle died in provinces including Lang Son, Yen Bai, Cao Bang, Bac Can, Ha Giang, Tuyen Quang, Son La, Quang Ninh, Hoa Binh, Lao Cai, Bac Giang, Lai Chau, Ha Tinh and Quang Binh.

english.vovnews.vn...

What is missing in the article is any reference of actual temperature

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i got the feeling in the coming months its gunna be hard to get a double cheeseburger:
has the cold ever killed this many before or is this a new thing or jus more bs to coiver up that animals are dying everywhere everyday at a alarming rate?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah where is the "scientific research"

What they dont keep thermometers out in the field?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
i got the feeling in the coming months its gunna be hard to get a double cheeseburger:
has the cold ever killed this many before or is this a new thing or jus more bs to coiver up that animals are dying everywhere everyday at a alarming rate?

I lived in Winnipeg, Canada for several years.. Like North Dakota, winters get very cold. Weeks on end with -40 C temperatures. Just outside of Winnipeg is a small town that has a huge thermometer. It's claim to fame is that it get's the worlds LOWEST temperature... they hit -72 C and are proud of it

North Dakota is far enough north to experience −60 °F (−51 °C) temperatures and blizzards during the winter months

en.wikipedia.org...

Both Manitoba and North Dakota have herds of cattle... I don't ever recall in 30 years hearing of massive die offs of herds because of cold weather

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I agree they keep coming up with lame excuses, and its to the point, that if anyone wanted to attribute to countless untold die offs, that never make the news, in the past, it can't because they are so obviously lying!

Their lies make it obvious something serious is occurring, possibly something we really needed to know for our survival.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I do remember reading somewhere that 1 nation said DONT UNDER ESIMATE THEIR weapons ability to another nation????
Is this a weapon being used---minus the name --- just a weapon? The name seems to distract, so no name seems strange. Maybe secret high tech war going on w/o populace being told?

edit on 1/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WOW! Seems pretty NORMAL to me! LMAO

10,000 heads of cattle now? Whens the last time something of that magnitude has happened?

and whats up with these crappy little story's lately? No temp readings, an ugly picture of a malnourished calf and that's it? WHAT! 10,000 cattle die and that's all we get! This in itself is a total cover-up if I've ever seen one! If I was reporting that story there would be 200 pictures of thousands of dead cattle, interviews with farmers everywhere, interviews with figureheads of the state, interviews with meteorologists, interviews with vets, interviews with concerned citizens. Hell this story alone is enough to make a career out of! What is going on?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's an awful lot of cattle to lose but I think the first question to ask is whether they have made changes to the way they are keeping their cattle in recent years. Are they not taking them in when it gets too cold?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And NOTHING in the MSM at all! Whats next, 1000 people die unexpectedly from fireworks, 100000 people die unexpectedly from cold weather, 1 million people die from having poor eyesight and falling to the ground unexpectedly, a billion people die from a freak washing machine storm!
I don't have any facts or links on the matter but could this just be a test of gullibility, and how easy they can cover up stories? Testing the world to see where the cracks lye till they can start doing it to us? I think it's only a matter of time now till we see humans being effected in the same way! just speculation on my part

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They don't think it's important to include the temperature that supposedly was responsible for all these deaths??
That's like reporting "thousands died due to heat' and not say how hot it got.

I just checked, it's 8 Celsius right now in Vietnam (46 degrees)

Because the world keeps getting these dismal reports every other day you would think the media would cover all aspects of: who, why, where, when and how in their reports------ unless they know most are brain dead anyway.

This does NOT look like it's going to be a stellar year in history folks!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I don't ever recall in 30 years hearing of massive die offs of herds because of cold weather

"If you build it----they will come"

(fast forward)
"If they write it-----you will believe" and "if they report it-----and you disagree------you are a terrorist"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
That's an awful lot of cattle to lose but I think the first question to ask is whether they have made changes to the way they are keeping their cattle in recent years. Are they not taking them in when it gets too cold?

Good point... did they maybe not leave food out? Did they not have water? Just how cold was it anyway? Seems to me they just make the story, leave out any real details, and expect us just to say "Yeah this is normal, nothing to see here, move along now"

There used to be a time when a journalist made his mark in the field by doing a thorough investigation with followups... Now they just spew out some basic facts and it's forgotten. Maybe the viewers have become so apathetic that they don't give a damn anymore...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
These particular cows may have died if they weren't acclimatised to the cold. I imagine cows in Canada not dying will be down to the breed of cow, and the cows being used to severe cold.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Because the world keeps getting these dismal reports every other day you would think the media would cover all aspects of: who, why, where, when and how in their reports------ unless they know most are brain dead anyway.

I think the media are to busy chasing the likes of David Beckham and Lady Gaga around to be concerned about all these mass animal deaths. Personally I have lost faith in the media altogether, they are only interested in topics of celebrity culture, it sells. I cant wait to see their faces when the bigger event happens, nah, only joking.

To me, it seems as if they are deliberately avoiding the subject, I wonder why!!

Zorgon
It is nice to see you back on the boards. I actually missed you when you took time off..
I was wondering, after reading both your threads, on the deaths. What is your 'take' on all this, I ask, because I know you are a level headed guy, not always correct, but who is.

There are threads and data all over this site, and the internet, but no one can piece anything together. What we need on ATS is a data base compiled by a person of your experience and knowledge, who could maybe shed a little light on the situation.
I would do it myself, but I would make a complete mess of it.

edit on 18/1/2011 by lewtra because: Edit reply to H.A. not needed

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hum, not only is this story so sad, it is also something which rings of coverup to me. Not buying that cows have to be brought in out of the cold, but can empathize with that comment, the thought of the cows not being given water would be closer to the reality, but 10,000? How many were spared? I think that there has been a viral transmission and they just dont want to admit it.

This is really getting scary as hell... The animals are being ascended or something...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
These particular cows may have died if they weren't acclimatised to the cold. I imagine cows in Canada not dying will be down to the breed of cow, and the cows being used to severe cold.

That may be true, but to be able to evaluate that we would need to know the temperatures involved that caused the deaths. It's not that cold in Viet Nam. If it was a freak cold snap... then maybe... but no data means more fuel to the fire of speculation.

We also don't have an exact date when they died, only the date of the report... so we would need to check the temps over at least a week or two. I will do that later today

But in this case from 2006, that is still ongoing apparently the blame was actually laid on GM crops. Seems the scientists forgot that sheep will eat any plant

GM: Mass Deaths in Sheep Grazing on Bt Cotton, notes Dr. Mae-Wan Ho
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
200 Dead Cows Found in Wisconsin

An investigation is underway in Stockton, Wisconsin where 200 cows were found dead on Friday. The owner of the cattle and local veterinarians initially believed the cows died from bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) or bovine virus diarrhea (BVD), but are now suspecting pneumonia. Officials say the dead cows will not likely affect other animals or humans. Tests are still being conducted to verify the cause.

www.care2.com...#

200 cows found dead in a field

That is the scary part... the 'experts' don't even know what it was.. IBR, BVD or now pneumonia..

and it will not likely affect other animals or humans?

Gimme a break... we have supposedly come a long way in disease identification. Did scientists suddenly become stupid? In all reports these days I am seeing scientist making 'guesses' and comments like 'we really don't know"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I found this message really positive, and I really enjoy her videos. I don't see why I can't respond to this with a new age type answer, since I am a new age type non practicing Christian, and experiencer, and recognize her energy, and the positive spirit in her.

2012 - Pole Shift, UFO's,Ophiuchus and Dying Birds - It's Happening.

To make a long story short, about 10 years ago I started having dreams with angels coming and talking to me about mathematics and quantum physics and the mayan calendar. I wasnt' particularly spiritual at the time I had kind of considered myself a recovering Catholic although I do pray to Jesus daily the Church wasn't for me and I wasn't really expecting angels to show up in my dream.

Nonetheless, they showed up and they showed up with math. And when they wouldnt go away I started writing it down and what came out of it was a connection that won me a scholarship into the Mayan rainforest with scientists from around the world, one of them being most notably Terrence McKenna, may he rest in peace,one of the most brilliant minds I've ever encountered or we've ever had on this planet.
I will share his videos below so you can understand just how profound he is.

---the way the Mayans study time is different than the way we study time. Harmonics! Synchronizing Harmonics in the Universe and in 2012 they believed we were going to go literally ONLINE.....with beings from all over the universe! ….

We're raising in frequency, and moreover, the scientific truth is we are entering a pole shift, we have been entering it for a while, and we've changed directionally about 10 degrees....

we' may even see our own cats and dogs be affected....and our world and ourselves are also going to be affected. Its all about frequency.

What I won my scholarship for 10 years ago was that I said the frequency of the planet was going to be rising as we neared the end of this 2012 cycle.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Some weird stuff...

Cows killed by lightning...Valdez Chico, near Montevideo, Uruguay.

Fifty-two cows are killed after lightning hits a wire fence
www.telegraph.co.uk...

September, 53 cattle were killed by lightning in Katosi, Uganda.

Similar story Aug 2001 from NOAA

One report claims that during bad weather, cows in a field go to the fence and stick their heads through. No one knows why, but they do

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
if it's true than it certainly attributes to the acceleration of all these types of events and related ones as well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join