It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Here is Why Glenn Beck Should Be Fired"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The Smoking Gun: Here Is Why Glenn Beck Should Be Fired NOW!

“Tea parties believe in small government. We believe in returning to the principles of our Founding Fathers. We respect them. We revere them. Shoot me in the head before I stop talking about the Founders. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government.
I will stand against you and so will millions of others. We believe in something. You in the media and most in Washington don’t. The radicals that you and Washington have co-opted and brought in wearing sheep’s clothing — change the pose. You will get the ends.
You’ve been using them? They believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You’re going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.
They are dangerous because they believe Karl Marx is their George Washington. You will never change their mind.”

Source: www.newscorpse.com...

I'm hoping we can all learn from this, and not just argue about it. It's an excellent example of Things Not to Say. Karl Marx is their George Washington? Please. Beck just stirs the pot, and stirs and stirs.
Honestly, can the man not get through a single day with his drama queen routine?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

He must be as bad to listen to as alex jones. They both have to sell there products, and thats when you should stop listening to a person. If money is there god, there opinion is worth nothing. Glenn beck and alex jones are both chasing money so there opinion is worthless, plus both would laugh at america torturing anyone.
edit on 1/18/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well the “Karl Marx is their George Washington” is true but not for those who Glenn Beck is thinking of. Maybe I should send him a link of my thread where I make it very clear the Neoconservatives such as George W. Bush and the majority of the GOP are direct intellectual descendants of Marxist theorists and Trotskyites.

I know Beck attacks the establishment Republican Party as well but before laying attacks about Communism directly at the ‘Left’ he should first take a look at history and see the true Communists are in the Republican Party.

However much atrocious words continue to spill out of his mouth it is up to Rupert Murdoch and FOX News to make the final decision of his fate and not that of any other individual or organization. Whatever lunacy Beck preaches on the television or radio is a right of his to speak and we should defend his right to say it, albeit we should also encourage FOX to tighten the belt on him.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know people who like him and in all fairness hes not a total loon like you suspect. personally I think it is making a statement by "saying shoot me in the head" that statement is that even American citizens have to pay for their freedoms and sometimes it's death. There is good and bad in everything including freedom and its not always 100% soldiers dying it's people like you and me. what he is saying is that he would rather live free and die then to live protected with no freedom. it's actually very patriotic to say something along those lines and it's something that our forefathers believed in when they signed the bill of rights because when they signed the Bill of Rights they did so at the risk of their own safety. That paper if fallen into British hands had their names would've been considered high treason against the crown and all people who signed it would've been hung.
edit on 18-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Have to point out a quick LOL here:
This racist, anti-Semitic, provocateur must not be be permitted to conduct his terror campaign on America’s airwaves.

Funny thing is, dude defends Israel to the bone. SUCH an anti-semite for defending the Jewish homeland.

I love how people toss around thought stoppers like that.

Anybody who is crazy enough to haul off and shoot someone because of what the guy on the radio or tv said, is just that, crazy. They can pick these secret messages out of anywhere. Hell, ATS could be just as liable (if not more) as anyone else. The radical left is just as violent as the radical right. Most people, normal people, don't fall into either category.
Beck isn't really a radical, sure he's an actor, he says things that make him money. I don't see anything wrong with that. People have the choice to listen or not. It's stupid to say that people aren't responsible enough to listen to him and make their own decisions. This article acts like people are just naturally puppets to anyone who talks to them from a TV screen. I find that condescending and unrealistic.
You going to start banning books too? Let's ban Mein Kampf, let's ban the Bible, and the Koran, let's ban the Bhagavad Gita (because it says it's ok to kill your family right?).
Let's ban every book with a violent message.
Video games too.
Oh, and music.
Because people just aren't responsible enough to know what's right and what's wrong.
Obama said he was going to kick BP's ass. That's violent, I may go beat up someone I see working for an oil company now, or worse. We should probably ban Obama.
Dumb article, dumb logic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Thanks for posting, but I took his message in a different way. I took it to mean that if you don't believe as he believes, and as the tea party believes, then he is willing to cram it down your throat through any given means.
edit on 1/18/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I took it as a very brave thing to say. Most don't have the courage of their convictions. Agree or disagree, at least he's speaking his mind on the issue.
Yeah! Glenn!

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
Alexander Hamilton

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Right because anyone who has an opposing view point of you should be fired. Heck let's just control the entire media! you know kind of like what Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini did. They were great guys weren't they?

If you can't see past the violent words then maybe you shouldn't listen to the news. Maybe should just wear ear muffs and stay away from R rated movies too...and violent video games...you don't want to get any bad ideas that would make you want to go out and beat people to a pulp right?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Hehe or you could just change the channel. "click"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Oh, dear me no. I don't listen to him. I have a time or two in the past, but I'm always afraid his threatics, sobbing, red-face, all that, will cause him to have a heart attack and die right there in front of everybody. I don't want to see it.

I just happened to read this somewhere.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

sorry I didn't see the "you're going to have to shoot them in the head" quote in red. That I do not agree with. mainly because politicians are puppets anyway you don't actually solve anything by killing them and even to some degree exposing them as frauds and charlatans doesn't seem to work any more because they find another puppet to replace them. it would also seem that's part of their plans to take away freedom as it's been proven many many times. to find effective change we're going to need to adapt find a different plan of solving this problem voting is a joke educating people and getting into the political scene is flawed because people become corrupted. The funny thing is our political system almost collapsed and it's being held up by the Chinese and the American public is paying for the bill. if we stopped it would collapse and that's a horrifying thought but maybe that's just what we needed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

How can you judge him if you've never even watched his tv show or listened to his radio show?

Seems like you are more interested in bashing his character than bashing his ideology.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Right because anyone who has an opposing view point of you should be fired. Heck let's just control the entire media! you know kind of like what Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini did. They were great guys weren't they?

If you can't see past the violent words then maybe you shouldn't listen to the news. Maybe should just wear ear muffs and stay away from R rated movies too...and violent video games...you don't want to get any bad ideas that would make you want to go out and beat people to a pulp right?

lol. Like the drama yourself, too, I see.
I see why you like Beck so much; you guys share the style of communication, and apparently much in common. I quoted him, and your talking about Hilter, Mussolini, and Stalin, and trying not to be effected enough to go beat people up? Interesting associations ya got there buddy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

However much atrocious words continue to spill out of his mouth it is up to Rupert Murdoch and FOX News to make the final decision of his fate and not that of any other individual or organization. Whatever lunacy Beck preaches on the television or radio is a right of his to speak and we should defend his right to say it, albeit we should also encourage FOX to tighten the belt on him.

No doubt with this kind of talk he is a loose cannon, but it's all about ratings, as you well know.
I don't foresee them tightening the belt on him, as long as he has such a big audience, until he really gets them into trouble.

You know what they say.........give somebody enough rope.
We'll see.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Once again Beck hit the nail on the head. Why should he be fired? Because he is calling out the people that worship the thinking of Marx, people who would rather have communism in the United States than freedom? People who worship and praise mao? Or is it because he said shoot them in the head? Are you really serious, because thats just sad if thats what your implying. Perhaps I misunderstood your op but I am betting that I didn't. Claims like this go way beyond left vs right divide, because it's no longer political differences but grasping at straws and pure ignorance no matter what side of the political spectrum your on.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes, I do agree that's it's pure ignorance.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

i couldnt agree more

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've always thought Beck was a shill for the CIA. MK Ultra maybe. His sole purpose is to
keep us divided with his inflammatory rhetoric. We are so easy to manipulate. We really are
sheeple. And of course as long as we remain divided we will never look at the true culprits.
We will never come to realize we have been enslaved. We'll be too busy pointing our fingers
at the Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Christians, Muslims, terrorists, aliens....
We are never going to wake up if we keep on fighting and Glenn Beck is part of the great machine that
sprays it's mists and propaganda over the masses so that we continue to sleep....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Thanks for posting, but I took his message in a different way. I took it to mean that if you don't believe as he believes, and as the tea party believes, then he is willing to cram it down your throat through any given means.

You've missed it by a mile.

If you were to watch his show, he tells you straight out not to believe anything he says. He says to investigate it and prove it to yourself. He's not trying to cram anything down anybody's throat as he makes this statement on almost every show I have watched.

It is a statement which I have never heard from anyone from CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, HLN, MSNBC, or any other FOX News program.

I watch him when I can because there is a possibility he just may be right.

BTW, have any of you that have invested in gold, or silver for that matter, lost any of your holdings since Glenn's program got started. Yea that's right, I didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This may be why you shouldn't let your child watch or listen to Glenn Beck, but this is not why he should be fired.

In business, the only thing that matters is the profit. Profit above all else, the bigger the corporation grows. Glenn Beck works for a massive corporation. He earns that corporation massive profits.

Consider this. Why is he profitable? Is it because he has unique ideas that brainless followers who adore him so much want to adopt as their own? Or is it because he is vocalizing an opinion of dissent that his viewers/listeners can relate to, and would vocalize themselves if they had the platform?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join