It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland Issues Arrest Warrant against George W. Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Wcitizen my friend

Your translation is about the most accurate thing I've seen in thsi whole thread.

Nowhere in the article does it say that a warrant has been issued, that it will be issued.

It reads almost like an opinion piece, where the author is claiming that their have been legislative changes in the Swiss govt beginning on Jan1 and that this is what the Federal Concillor should do.

Perhaps a mod should be contacted and the title changed (unless the op can sill do it within the window)
If not, then this should be moved to the hoax bin.
If neither happens, then what can we say for accuracy?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Time window closed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What did he do to the swiss thats so despicable? Not pay his monthly bank fees?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Switzerland is a strange type of democracy, and i wouldnt be surprised if some of the gang are technically, as well as morally responsible for what are deemed war crimes.
(surely in all that mess somebody has been guilty of something.)
If the UN or interpol have a legal warrant, i believe they may serve it.
The Swiss bankers have been put front and center by wikileaks recently, and other heat is comming from foriegn govts themselves over bank laws....
If the global melt down has deeply hurt the Swiss, i have yet to hear of it.and after all somebody has got to be making profits from all the debauchery of the economic system.
Maybe they want to take the spotlight and cast it elsewhere with a big name comming under the gun.
There is more chance this is a speculational paper seller thats all.....but wouldnt it be ah interesting?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by wcitizen

Wcitizen my friend

Your translation is about the most accurate thing I've seen in thsi whole thread.

Nowhere in the article does it say that a warrant has been issued, that it will be issued.

It reads almost like an opinion piece, where the author is claiming that their have been legislative changes in the Swiss govt beginning on Jan1 and that this is what the Federal Concillor should do.

Perhaps a mod should be contacted and the title changed (unless the op can sill do it within the window)
If not, then this should be moved to the hoax bin.
If neither happens, then what can we say for accuracy?

Thank you youdidn'tseeme. I agree, the title needs to be changed or the thread moved.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
are you all forgetting........THESE "PEOPLE" RUN THE WORLD!!!! look who his father is,the secret clubs he is part of and the ridiculous amounts of wealth and manpower he afforded by these and other fact. i really dont think he will do A DAY in jail.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is an editorial/opinion rant. The title of the essay, "Sommaruga will Bush verhaften" written on the website is wrong...Sommaruga is not going to arrest Bush. The author believes Bush should be arrested for war crimes if he enters Switzerland because there was a recent law passed by the Swiss government which, according to the author, calls for the arrest of anyone entering Switzerland charged with any war crimes, genocide, illegal use of banned weapons, violations of the Geneva Convention, and..and..and. The author believes Bush is in violation of that law and should be arrested by the Swiss Attorney General (Sommaruga), put on trial and/or sent to an international tribunal.

He further opines that If the Swiss Government does nothing, it´s a huge national disgrace, so the author wonders if the Swiss Government and head of the Justice Department is going to act using this new law or not. Nowhere in the article does it say that Sommaruga is going to arrest Bush, but the author clearly wishes this would happen.

Linked in the article is another written story by the author this past November which rants about Bush and Blair and Kissinger, and how they should all be arrested if they come one day to visit Switzerland. Since Bush has been invited by a Jewish organisation for a Feburary meeting in Genf, the author apparently had a nerve struck and so he wrote a new rant.

www.schweizmagazin.ch...
edit on 18-1-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I liked this one:

Ein Einknicken vor den Mächtigen der USA, die mit Gewaltandrohungen versuchen diesen Rechtsbruch durchzusetzen, käme einem Kniefall vor fremden Vögten gleich. Das wäre eine nationale Tragödie, das Ende der 720 Jahre währenden Eidgenossenschaft und der 12. Februar 2011 würde als der Tag in die Geschichte eingehen, an dem die Schweiz ihre Ehre und ihren Stolz verlor. Sogar die jährliche Rütlifeier am 1. August wäre nur noch ein Tag der nationalen Schande.

Sounds very pratiotic for the swiss I cant belive they want to take their "Hellenbarden" out of the closset after 720 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Gonna make banking difficult for him don't ya think?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This will never happen, they all get away with it.
How people like Bush sleep at night I just don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
good luck to the swiss trying to hand-cuff GW.

his security detail could probably take out the swiss army.

all the swiss SF are in the vatican.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Although this is a great news, I think nothing will happen, he won't be arrested nor will any of his co-conspirators.

Obama will not allow it because Obama is simply continuing Mr. Bush's crimes against humanity. If Obama allows this to happen, and doesn't bomb Switzerland or sanction Switzerland in to poverty, then there is a huge chance that justice might prevail which could put him on trial and arrest list.

I hope this goes through though. I hope justice prevails. I hope all fascist dictators, war criminals, mass murderers and aggressors + oppressors are brought to justice.

I hope this is not another political shenanigan.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Tit for tat...hang him like he hung Saddam Hussein.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Ok well I seriously couldn't stop laughing after reading this. This has got to be one of the best stories I have ever seen. That man broke so many laws and completely gave himself away on National Television to boot. I still remember the day he called them POW's for the detainee's in Guantanamo then like 3hrs later called them Enemy Combatants. My only question would be are they going to go after Obama for not releasing them as soon as he took office? I mean the Gulf War was not a war it was a police action just like Afghanistan. That's what happens when you don't use the proper steps to declare a war. Anyway great post Star and Flag for you and good lord I hope they convict him even if he doesn't show up. That would be even more classic. Maybe the Mossad will come and capture him like the War Criminals of WW 2.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

his security detail could probably take out the swiss army.

I don't know about this one as I have read that the Swiss have some very good training. In fact the Swiss Guard that watches over Vatican City is supposedly one of the more elite branches in the world. I believe they have been trained by the Special Air Service and we should all know that if not for the SAS America would not have a Delta Force; well we might have one but it wouldn't be anywhere near as trained.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is weak.
The title of your thread is entirely misleading, and this should be moved to the hoax bin.

This article is no more than wishful thinking on the writer's part.

It would be as if Huffington wrote this, in the hopes that it may come true.

Here is rough translation of article:

George W. Bush (will appear) at the invitation of a Jewish organization on 12 February in Geneva.

Then Federal Councillor Simonetta Sommaruga, head of the FDJP (should) act, and have him arrested.

The list of crimes of the former U.S. president is long.
Crimes against humanity, torture, attacks against civilians, massive violations of the Geneva Convention, the use of prohibited weapons, and numerous war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Since 1 January 2011 in Switzerland, significant legislative changes in force that require the prosecution of these crimes.
The Attorney General is obliged, therefore, entry to arrest Bush for and against him to open procedure, because Switzerland is to prosecute crimes committed abroad also responsible, unless the offender is in Switzerland, and not handed over or to an international criminal court can be transferred

We can be curious to see how serious it mean the Federal Council and the Attorney General under the Attorney Dr. Erwin Beyeler with the Swiss law enforcement.

Are they to be decided by their own laws or connect them with feet?

(if) They do not act, this would be a serious breach of their duties, their oath of office and a mockery of the victims of the Iraq war.

Buckling before the powerful of the U.S., the threat of violence to try to enforce this law would be broken, a bow to foreign overseers alike

That would be a national tragedy, the end of the 720 years of Confederation and the 12th February 2011 would be remembered as the day in the history, (when) Switzerland lost their honor and their pride.

Even the annual celebration on August 1st would only be a day of national shame.

In Rütlischwur it is written: "The triune God is a witness that we have decided against any foreign power and authority to protect our freedom."

37 flags for an op-ed out of Switzerland?
Pathetic

edit on 18-1-2011 by Oaktree because: Add translation

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Complicit in Nazi war crimes by stashing their ill-gotten loot, I don't think Switzerland wants to make a fuss. After all, they pride themselves in staying out of other folks business.

And I agree.

Nigeria blows.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Anybody who wants to see Bush put behind bars and/or put to death by capitale punishment are not seeing things very clearly. Although it is completely possible that the president is a sociopath capable of producing such lies his autobiography read to me as if he was being played as much as we all were in the early part of the 21st century. Getting rid of a puppet without destroying the "imaginary hand" controlling it would be nefarious at best. Cheerio.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I really really really hope this goes through. And as much as I hate to wish bad things on people... I wouldn't mind hearing that they used some of the same interrogative measures that the man himself supports against him to have him admit all his crimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You all are still missing the point.

The presidency and vice presidency is not the highest office in the land.

Arrest all the 13 Bloodlines

Astor
Bundy
Collins
DuPont
Freeman
Li
Reynolds
Onasis
Rockefellar
Rothschild
Russel
Van Duyn
Disney
Krupp

You are half way to the finish line and well on your way to freedom.

-please note when I typed out Bundy my hearing in my right ear began to vibrate and felt odd for a sec.
yeah yeah I know...inner ear stuff right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join