It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Hype. What do you suggest we do if you are right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have seen tons of threads, theories, youtube videos linked through ATS, etc. All basically saying from here on out the world is screwed (for lack of a better term), so I have one question, what do you theorists suggest as a solution? I see many people saying they have spent hours/days/weeks/months/years sorting through various data to determine when the "BIG ONE" is going to hit.

However,I wonder what would happen if they put the same zeal into helping humanity? For example, instead of trying to pinpoint a disaster you work to prepare those around you or to create something that could come in handy if something happend, etc. There are a lot of great minds on here that I feel like are being wasted to some extent, at least when it comes to some theories. (However, I dont know what everyone does for a living in real life and everyone is allowed a hobby I get that.)

BUT, wouldnt that do more good than creating dates to warn people about who probably would not listen? You could affect real change in the physical world. (Not saying that someone from ats could not have created real change, but im sure you get my point.) Or at the very least propose some things in this thread?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My advice if the shtf, climb to the top of the biggest hill you can find with a six pack and a rifle.. Sit back, crack open a beer and prepare to watch the greatest show on earth..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Make sure you do not die as a virgin...?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sover3igN
Make sure you do not die as a virgin...?

Looks like your screwed if it happens in the near future..

(just joking with you)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

lol@Misterlondon, i was kinda refering to you tho

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Maybe I should finally book that trip to Amsterdam then..

2nd

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Maybe I should finally book that trip to Amsterdam then..

2nd

You should have hookers in London tho... hehehe

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Don't worry, the world has been screwed for a long time and will remain screwed for a long time to come. People are great at making problems, occasionally they can solve them as well. As for advice, think global and act local, take things one step at a time, be prepared, keep your head up, evil happens only when good people do nothing, remember to breath. The world has been moments away from destruction for a while, yeah it can get stressful, depressing and shocking at times. Try not to take it too seriously, accept what you cannot change and work on what you can. Try and remain calm and think positive, the brain works better that way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here is what I am concerned with in 2011:

1. The Dollar - The USA has a lot of debt, a floundering economy, and China is advancing the Yuan; their economy is literally booming.

My recommendation: Get out of debt and begin saving for that "rainy day".

2. Natural Disasters & Epidemics - Floods in Australia, Mudslides in Brazil, Cholera, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Hurricanes in Haiti. You have to be prepared when mother nature flares up.

My recommendation: Buy a little extra food each time you shop. Stock up on dried commodities such as rice and beans, as well as canned goods. Purchase a hand crank / solar radio, and flashlights. Plan for the worst.

3. Social Meltdown - Hungry people do crazy things. Looting is an all-too-common phenomenon globally. If the dollar collapses or experiences an extreme devaluation, you can bet that there are going to be starving people all over America, and they are going to be crazed and confused.

My recommendation: Buy a gun and learn how to use it. Stock up on ammunition. Try buying guns that use the same ammo - preferably something both common and versatile like 9mm. You may need to defend your home from looters and gangs. Be prepared.

I am not a doom & gloom kind of guy, but I am concerned about the future of the United States of America. I feel a lot of bad things coming very soon. That's my gut instinct. I would love to be proved wrong.

Cheers,
Cody

top topics

join