It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.1 Billion Dollar Yacht Being Built

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
That's right - While millions of people are losing their homes and tens of millions are starving to death, another member of the ruling class is building a yacht costing more than one billion dollars. Remember these pigs when they tell you YOU need to sacrifice.

The one-of a kind ship could be home to 16 guests and 70 crew with the main apartment spread over three floors and 445 sq m.

Full Story Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ff6847948ef.png[/atsimg]

edit on 18-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's more like a cruise liner than a yacht. Why the hell would someone need 70 staff for 16 people?

Also, what is Thunderbird 4 doing down on the right?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
someone is going to have it made after 2012! and those servents are lucky, id work there for free lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
That's right - While millions of people are losing their homes and tens of millions are starving to death, another member of the ruling class is building a yacht costing more than one billion dollars. Remember these pigs when they tell you YOU need to sacrifice.

The one-of a kind ship could be home to 16 guests and 70 crew with the main apartment spread over three floors and 445 sq m.

Full Story Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ff6847948ef.png[/atsimg]

edit on 18-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

Dont be a hater.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yup.. I pick it up in a few weeks..

2nd

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Damn!! I told the media not to post until it was finished and I had moved in.
Now I will have to change the design............again.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wow that is an expensive yacht!Just comes to show that very few people live in luxary you have to be rich to build a yacht of that cost.Many people would love to live on that yacht when it is built.
edit on 18-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by keelan55
Wow that is an expensive yacht!Just comes to show that very few people live in luxary you have to be rich to build a yacht of that cost.Many people would die to live on that yacht when it is built.

I wouldn't..... I don't like the colour. :p

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by keelan55
Wow that is an expensive yacht!Just comes to show that very few people live in luxary you have to be rich to build a yacht of that cost.Many people would die to live on that yacht when it is built.

yes but if you were dead how would you live on it?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's not a yacht. It's an ark. Probably small compared to the ones being built for others. (Maybe I shouldn't have watched 2012
)

But seriously...this is piggish. Some people really do have too much. Sad really...money can't buy what the soul needs.
edit on 1/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If that helicopter isn't removed from my tennis court within the next half-hour then it will be pushed overboard (I've already ran my yacht key down the side of the paintwork, some people have no common sense when it comes to parking!).

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
People are so rich that they can afford billion dollar yachts, but a tax increase of a few percent makes the same people talk about how they'll have to lay people off.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
With a boat that big then it must mean that they have a tiny tiny tiny tiny (you know what) !

If the pictures / sketches are accurate then it is one VERY ugly Folly and a sign of mental illness that someone wants it built when his / her fellow humanity around needs so much help and support --- they should be ashamed !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Oh how you wold love for a 100ft rogue wave to crash over this and destroy it into a million peices...

Your right though, its disguting...why is it always about money to these guys, why is money so important? If i had a Billion dollars, i'd give most of it away to people on the streets, just giving them $10,000 bundles...make people happy!!!

What is wrong with these guys?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They a person with a Corvette is compensating for something, imagine what this guy is compensating for!

In all seriousness I appreciate engineering and neat things, this is awesome. But when you're talking about dollars equal to educating a whole third world country I think we might have a small problem in the world...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Not bad for someone who began his business carreer selling plastic ducks from a Moscow apartment - Putin hasn't done so badly either with a personal stash of some $40 billion. But then when the KGB has control of most of the worlds organised crime and drug trade - and runs the country like a vast criminal enterprise - money tends to becomes irrelevant.

Roman Abramovich’s Eclipse Yacht is Still the Largest in the World, but …

That means Abramovich has an extremely small edge on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum’s Dubai yacht at 531.5 feet (162m), which held the World’s Largest title until the Eclipse was born.

In any case, Roman Abramovich is barely holding the line against a flotilla of massive megayachts owned by Middle Eastern magnates. Tthe next four yachts on the list are Sultan Qaboos of Oman’s Al Said Yacht at 155 metres, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia’s Prince Abdulaziz Yacht at 147 metres, the Egyptian-owned El Horriya Yacht at 145.7 metres (oldest yacht within the top 100 list, built in 1865) and Crown Prince Sultan of Saudi Arabia’s Al Salamah Yacht at 139 metres.

www.extravaganzi.com...

new topics

top topics

join