It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't feed the stray animals, or homeless people!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In some urban areas there has been a push to keep "pesky homeless people" away by ensuring they are not fed. A few months ago I read about a situation where someone was attempted to feed the homeless and was stopped from doing so by the police.

Source: www.alan.com...

the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled in favor of the City of Orlando’s efforts to stop feeding the homeless in city parks. The decision yesterday reversed a lower court ruling

Then a few days ago I learned that in Houston, it is also illegal to feed homeless people by cooking food in your home kitchen as follows:

I think its absolutely disgusting how people, especially those in government, treat homeless people like stray animals. These people claim they are doing it "for their protection" when in reality they just don't care. What a sick joke it is to claim starving to death is safer than eating home-cooked meals. Who do they think they are fooling? They want MONEY for permission to feed the homeless and if you don't have the MONEY then they will send the police to get you, and to hell with the homeless people if they get in the way.

And at the end of the clip you can see the city council is trying to work out a settlement so they can milk out individuals for a little bit of MONEY when they can't be extracted for a lot of the money. As if I'm supposed to think that such a thing makes it okay?

The way the two good Samaritans want to kiss the politicians butts and bend over backwards to put up with an obviously uncivilized society is appalling. The couple act like its not a total scam being run against them and that the government is just there to help people out.

My only hope is that these events will bring more people to the Free State Project. I think the Free State Project should get a hell of a lot more attention on ATS because its something that seems on track to actually reverse the nonsense that happens in Orlando and Houston.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If the city was so concerned about the health of the homeless, then why don't they FEED THEM?

It's all about control. They always gain control by saying they want to "protect" you.

Patriot Act, NSA wiretapping, TSA full body scanners, etc.

Are we learning yet, people?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
in my country its illegal to give money to homeless people, but its legal to bail out banks who somehow go under whilst having all our money in them...
ftw really ftw

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

its disgusting because the system is probably to blame for making them homeless!
yuk, i give to nearly every single homeless person i walk passed. im no saint but i dont need anything more then what i got.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Christ would piss on these people.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Man it never fails. It's quite possible that the city could just let those people feed the homeless and vast majority of them would never get sick from it

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
By 'going away', I'm sure they mean die to decrease the surplus population.

It's bad when you're able to treat stray animals better than homeless, half-starved human beings.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You can't possibly believe this is just some innocent government over sight. I hope I hope I hope. No, you are only seeing the first lil feet steps, of another successive phase, in a grand agenda that is far to big to be seen.
Young person.
edit on 18-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Funny that they dont want you to feed them out of your kitchen for fear of contamination but yet the very people they dont want fed are eating out of garbage cans!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That is pretty sick. While I HATE all the stray cats around here upwards of 15+ everywhere.

I'm more upset at the people who let the cats breed like rabbits don't take care of them and the poor cats have no where to go. I do break down and feed them every now and then.

No homeless people on my street so I can not relate but I have given if I ever had a few bucks left over change at the guy standing at the light to turn into walmart. Always homeless people at the lights into walmart. Now
I know odds are they are just going to buy booz, but maybe they will get a burger or something.

Either way if I was homeless with nothing I sure as hell would not mind a 40.

Like one poster said it is a control trip. Homeless people make the area *look bad*.

Can't have their area devalued because of all the homeless people walking the streets.

The solution they say KICK EM OUT.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If someone or something is hungry, I will feed them, end of.
You could throw the book at me, natural law and common decency come above any man made laws in this respect.

There is an old hymn from school called 'when I needed a neighbour' the lyrics seem more true now more than ever.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Funny that they dont want you to feed them out of your kitchen for fear of contamination but yet the very people they dont want fed are eating out of garbage cans!

♪ America, America, This is You ....♪

In Communist America, Garbage Bin feeds you!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This story reminds me of when i was young. My great aunt, bless her soul, used to make quite a bit of food for the soup kitchen that served needy veterans and I believe was run by the VA. After years of cooking for them, the board of health showed up at her door one day and insisted that if she continued her kind acts, then they would be forced to inspect her property to ensure that her kitchen met their demands.

Being a kitchen in a little home in a small town, it did not meet code and she was forced to stop. Not thet her kitchen was dirty, it just didnt meet their requirements. Who suffered?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hey if a crakchead crazy homeless man asks me for a burger I am going to oblige just so I don't have to hear a long rant about how his feet told him that the wall is an evil entity trying to make him to consume chicken, so he has to have the burger to prove to the wall he will not eat chicken. Also, in seriousness I don't see anything wrong with given someone a hot meal when they are in need. Nor do I feel bad about setting out some milk to the cat in the alley to help kill the mice. It is a win win situation I don't have to lose sleep over a man talking to a wall, and I lose one less rat.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
By 'going away', I'm sure they mean die to decrease the surplus population.

This is part of the de-population agenda. First they foreclose on your mortgage forcing you to the streets, then they take away the food people offer you. Next you are a John or Jane Doe with a toe tag ready for cremation.

Welcome to the new Amerika.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Humans disgust me.

This trend of hitting people when they're down is pretty unsettling. There but for the grace....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Damn I hate it when I need to squat a foreclosed home to provide a homeless with a home in order to give him my sandwich that I don't need as lunch any more.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Quick Question:

Is Houston Texas a Democrat or a Republican State?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Next thing you know, it will be illegal to feed your children home cooked meals, because children are susceptible to food born illnesses as well. If you don't feed your children from a certified kitchen like, shall we say, Mc Donalds, it will be child abuse.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Oh stop! PLEASE!

Such nonesense!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join