It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camden, N.J., to lose nearly half its cops

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Its a great thing cops dont keep people safe and rarely stop crime the generate revenue

its a victory the less cops the better

crime will either go down or go unaffected

stats crime is way down and police keep adding and need new customers to keep budgets and to stay busy

that means you joe citizen wait till you get pulled over

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Enclave

I grew up near Camden and have been there a bunch. It was a disaster in the '70s. We used to joke that a great business to start-up would be selling razor-wire in Camden.

I'm not so sure that letting the police go is an unreasonable thing to do. Nothing has worked in Camden for 40 years. Dozens of administrations, tons of cash (the Camden Aquarium was supposed to make Camden some kind of vacation Mecca). It is high time we realized that many of these cities are simply dead and look to find ways to get people relocated to different, safer places to live, even if they are huge trailer parks. Nothing could be worse than living in Camden. A kid born there has very little opportunity.

These cities are dead because we let them die. We propped them up, allowed the state and city governments to become the employers of choice, let the taxes go up, imposed business hostile regulations and did absolutely nothing to attract jobs to them. Folks sat back over a 40 year period and watched the city decline and were either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Policing Camden is doing nothing but forestalling the inevitable and that is an uninhabited urban wasteland. Is that a shame? Perhaps, I'm not sure. What is a shame and an outrage is that the government and the people of both New Jersey and Camden allowed it to happen. Whats more of a shame is our thinking that having a few more police on the streets is going to do something for Camden. They could exponentially increase the number of police and the city would continue to decline.

Its time to put a fork into cities like Camden and Detroit and seriously talk about moving the people somewhere where they can have some reasonable chance of a normal life. It ain't going to happen in Camden.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Simply require adult citizens to train and conceal carry personal firearms.

Then you only need enough police to oversee the coroner's loadings.

Through simple attrition, the violent criminal types will start dropping faster than burdchitte in a downdraft.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
seems to me they are trying to start some thing?
so they can say look at the crime fingers?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
FOLLOW UP

Camden To Lay Off Entire Police Force

Links -

CAMDEN, N.J. - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The City of Camden is preparing to lay off its entire police force.

Mayor Dana Redd says by the end of the month the city will submit to the state its plan to layoff Camden's 270 police officers and dismantle the entire department by the end of the year.

It will be replaced by a county-run regional police force that will put a minimum of 400 officers on the streets of this troubled city.

More
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8765931

Backup Link
www.sacbee.com...

Also See -

Scranton City Workers Cut To Minimum Wage
www.huffingtonpost.com...

As Well As -

Plan To Aid 9/11 Victims Is Rejected In House
www.nytimes.com...

^ THIS IS HOW MUCH THEY CARE ^

BUT THEY SURE DO HAVE THE FUNDS TO KEEP WARS GOING ALL OVER THE PLANET HUH?!?

FUBAR! =0(
edit on 9-8-2012 by MaKaElectric because: Link Repair

edit on 9-8-2012 by MaKaElectric because: Link Repair

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaKaElectric
Mayor Dana Redd says by the end of the month the city will submit to the state its plan to layoff Camden's 270 police officers and dismantle the entire department by the end of the year.

It will be replaced by a county-run regional police force that will put a minimum of 400 officers on the streets of this troubled city.
That makes it sound like they are increasing the number of officers in Camden from 270 to 400.

I thought there was supposed to be a decrease? My math may be a little rusty but that looks like an increase in the number of officers to me, just with a different boss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join