It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was I spooked last night?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by liejunkie01

I personally don't want animals around me because of their ability to notice things. I had a dog once growling like crazy at the dark glass of french doors that went into another room. the room I was in was well lit so I couldn't see what it was growling at. IT wasn't the typical barking you get when it's someone the dog didn't know, it was a low guttural vicious growl, and I was helpless.

Ooo ooo, call on me teacher... I know the answer to this one! Our younger dog does that low gutteral growl thingy at the front door. Creepy as all get-out. Then I realized she was seeing her own reflection in the glass of the door (b/c it was dark outside and the lit room turned the glass into a pseudo mirror. It's still unnerving, plus she plots and plans to do it when my husband is out of town!

Edit to say: I'm so tired right now, a host of haunts could come shoot fireworks in my room and not keep me from sleeping-- 'night folks!
edit on 1/18/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by snowen20

On a side note, my daughter is scared to be alone in the house, she needs us to turn the light on in the bathroom. My girlfriend asked her why is she scared and she told her she seen a shadow at the bottom of the stairs one day while she was playing upstairs. I have not asked her yet because i do not want her freaking out she is 4 years old.

Oh geez, I was forever seeing shadowy things in the night as a child. I had my dad so convinced once he went all over the house with a gun... LOL! I spent half of my nights sandwiched between my mom and dad in bed. Which, come to think of it, kind of explains why I don't have any little brothers or sisters.

Yeah it creeps me out a little(alot). Sorry it took me so long to reply. I got lost in the ocean of other threads. I am getting tired and trying not to get anxious again. Good news is the cat is calm and sleeping, the dog is still outside.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Indeed, calm animals are a plus. I consider mine a sort of gauge for spookemetric pressure in the atmosphere

Currently mine are 'comatose' so No Worries!
edit on 1/19/2011 by new_here because: grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Will you keep me informed if the animals start acting wierd? I am interested in finding out if there is a connection. I went to sleep with no problems last night. I am still up in the air on what happened the other night but my girlfriend is convinced so that makes me even more curious.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I usually get that way when I haven't had much sleep the night before....i get extremely paranoid about every little sound I hear

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Will you keep me informed if the animals start acting wierd? I am interested in finding out if there is a connection. I went to sleep with no problems last night. I am still up in the air on what happened the other night but my girlfriend is convinced so that makes me even more curious.

For sure. Last night, even though the dogs were sleeping soundly in the room while I was trying to get to sleep, for some reason, I just had to turn on a 'low light' lamp. The darkness just felt too... heavy? Anyway, all went well. No weird noises or anything, just an almost claustrophobic feeling in the dark.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

It is quiet tonight. Kind of peaceful. I hope that don't change. lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It is quiet tonight. Kind of peaceful. I hope that don't change. lol.

Still sleepin wid da light on here!

If it gives me a false sense of security, so be it. At least it's feels right.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

happened to me to back when i was 10 years old or so. still does. i woke in midnight there was something pounding my bed from underneath...it was so hard and consistent i felt anger.. i looked around and under the bed.. nothing. went back to sleep...after awhile it went on and on and on i was too scared to think deeper what it was. it just kept hitting under my bed but there was nothing underneath it. my cousin had the same experience..he said there was someone pounding his wall in the middle of the night. now something is up again i haven't slept for 2 days since something would disturb me when im about to sleep..a noise or bump. then something falling from my room..i try not to think about it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join