It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever happened to the soldier that......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I remember last week reading a thread from a soldier that was just returning from A-stan. He wasn't feeling very well and had stated that up in the "Valley" he had been resupplied with uranium spent ammo and tracer bullets for his M-4 and SAW. He had quite a litany of complaints and an impressive amount of detail in his OP. I went to reply in his OP and received a message that I was not allowed to post. I then hit my back space key and received a 404.
Did any on else have this experience and why did it happen?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't know. I missed that thread. Sort of weird, though, eh?

I've been, thankfully, no longer a member of the US military since 1992. I know the ammo supplied for night firing has some cool effects! I used to love watching those glowing green rounds go down range, and, yeah, cheer as one of them lit up the target I was aiming at.

I'm not very familiar with an M4 and did have a bit of experience with the early SAWs. I had no idea that there was any sort of depleted uranium on some of the rounds. I don't believe this was a fact in my way back times. Now? I dunno........sure, we had the DU rounds in our big guns. Speaking militarily, sure, DU rounds for small arms seems pretty cool!!!!!!!

Maybe the thread got DXed because it was BS? And to toss in a bit of paranoic conspiracy theory, maybe it got DXed because it was too true!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The soldier sounded very genuine.
My prayers are with this patriot.

join