It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[WRAP]-Hate-Anger-Rage-Pure Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Lurking within the souls of everyone (including YOU) is a dark side. A side some can control, and few will admit they have. Everyone, admit it or not, has had moments where they have given in to anger, or rage, there are no exceptions. Maybe you just had a bad day?

While most people can keep these feelings under control for the majority of their lives, an apparent growing number of particularly younger people seem to be losing that ability. Take some time yourselves and look into the crisis of bullying in schools, and online. Related suicides, by young people who were so tortured by bullies that they seen suicide as their only escape. Reports of youths who for no apparent reasons kill other youths or family members and even completely random acts of violence and murder.

A bitterly divided country, people are segregating themselves along political lines, cultures, religions, races, financial status etc. Hate, Anger, Rage and Pure Evil are spreading throughout the nations of the world like an incurable cancer. It is infecting the youth and they shall inherit this world one day.

This isn't about the possible causes, or what can be done to halt the progression of this cancer. It is all about where it may lead, and what may be the end result.

What if the human race is destined to self destruct. What if our greatest flaw is that which we deny that exists within us all. What if one day the majority of humans lose the ability to control their Hate, Anger, Rage and become purely evil?

We the human race, are the only species on this planet that holds within our control, the ability to annihilate ourselves and much of the life on this planet...

-The End-
edit on 20/1/11 by masqua because: by author request

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

well done Fractured.Facade
I just loved this story it was a great read! thank you

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Good points! I find myself wondering more and more, if the entire human race doesn't need a reboot. We may have one coming, God (whichever one you adhere to, if at all) help us!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

well done Fractured.Facade
I just loved this story it was a great read! thank you

Thank you.

I really simply wanted to see what I could produce with 300 words... I have already read the likely winners of this competition
, I kinda feel silly for even entering one.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtncharlie

Good points! I find myself wondering more and more, if the entire human race doesn't need a reboot. We may have one coming, God (whichever one you adhere to, if at all) help us!

Maybe we have within us an evolutionary self destruct mechanism, that perhaps one day will affect the majority of human beings, once triggered, the world will be consumed with violence and war until the unthinkable happens?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Dont feel silly for entering the contest..I did and im the worst writer in here dont know till you try and i thought it was a good one

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Reading your words made me remember the days of childhood when I was bullied and I remembered the pure hot and burning, blinding rage and lust for revenge I wanted to exact on my enemies. See, it's still there lurking in me. A couple of weeks ago I walked past one of these bullies at the ATM in our local bank and she had the balls to look at me and tell me, "Hi." Yeah, like I even gave her the time of day. I looked her straight in the eye and gave her my dead stare, which consisted of looking right through her and the whole time I'm thinking you're just the same big, fat bully you always were, ***ch. I got the same surge of adrenaline in the pit of my stomach that shot down to my toes and back up into my arms and my heart started pounding loud. I wanted to thump her, I really did. And this is from twenty years ago, yes twenty. I very rarely feel that level of anger, but yeah I agree with you that we all have it in us.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I liked your story.
I grew up in very harsh conditions. Sometimes what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Side note: Many kids in cities don't eat real food. Find the kids that do, and you find real kids. We have them where I live.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
I liked your story.
I grew up in very harsh conditions. Sometimes what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Side note: Many kids in cities don't eat real food. Find the kids that do, and you find real kids. We have them where I live.
Peace.

Interesting, so you believe that diet is a contributing factor?

Just processed foods?

If you would, please elaborate more on this theory.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I -think- I know what could be contributing to the problem with kids.

When I was little 40 years ago, me and my siblings and all the neighbor kids spent morning to midnight, (when not in school) outside exercising our brains out. Running, flying kites, swinging real high on these big high steel and wooden swings, jumping off of them and flipping, and in the winter, sledding down hills on those steel and wooden sleds they used to make. everything was challenging and totaly dangerous.
Then the litigation came along.
When I'm out and about now, if I come across swings, they are much shorter and smaller, to avoid too much injury for fear of litigation. I think kids 8-through-17 are just dying----------to go and play in accessible free areas that are exhausting and challenging, but there are none. In its place however, is sitting in one's bedroom with violent computer games, texting, sexting, and social network sites, where a young body that needs to expend physical energy, is containing and containing and containing the energy in a growing obese body. It's a total disaster.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

FF,
I just got in from helping a friend put in a pathway through his garden. To make it real, check out "Chantilly Lace Bed and Breakfast" on the internet.
Anyway,
I absolutely believe diet is a huge factor, I have seen it in my own (large) extended family. Most foods consumed, especially in the cities, should be considered not fit for human consumption. Shouldn't be fed to a dog. Funny, a dog will throw up what is bad for them while humans adapt.
I have family members, nephews, sons of brothers with bad habits that are borderline psychotic if not clinically. Junk food junkies. While my family constantly strives for real foods with nothing sacred (think "whole" milk), they eat whatever, whenever. It shows.
Speaking of whole milk, I raised two daughters without milk at all. Everyone said they will have rotten teeth, I called "propaganda". Guess whom have the rotten teeth? Rotten brains?
Just found out orange juice isn't real. The flavor has been removed and replaced. Go figure. Now, I have to squeeze orange juice.
Nothing is sacred.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Through the last few decades of societal evolution, you can clearly see the changes you bring up in your post, and it makes sense, though there will be that bunch that will claim that none of these things influence children.

And the previous poster, also makes good points about diet as an influence.

In the end here, I sense something all-together more sinister and elusive, but I suppose none of that matters, if we are doomed to self-destruct with violence and war at some point, knowing how we got there will hardly matter.

Excellent posts nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If I did not feel anger at the things I have witnessed, and the things that are reported on a daily basis, then I would be dead. How can you NOT be angry? Apathy is such a dangerous condition.

new topics

top topics

join