It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton claims Arizona has Seceded from the united States of America!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400It would be absolute lunacy for a state to decide now that they are going to secede from the Union. Fifteen to twenty years ago, something like this would have been possible. However what most of you are severely neglecting to notice is that most states do not have the money to even bring up the legislation about secedeing from the Union. Hell, some states are even having to cut not office hours, but days of office operations out of the week just to cut costs and save face. So what makes you think that it would be even the slightest bit feasible for something like this to happen now?

Because, for a lot of states especially these hit hard by illegal immigration in the Southwest could if unshackled from the federal policies that cost them money to run imposed on them against their will by the more populated "left and west coast" states they could more than afford to be an independent nation.

Further - if they could collect only 1/2 the taxes the federal government collects from each citizen and determine their own fiscal policies independent of federal interference they would have access to more than enough capital to run their National Guard, police and other institutions.

I also believe they would have a such a huge influx of people from the libeal run, crime ridden, debt entrenched states in the remaining Union of high tax rates to more than stimulate growth and development.

I would say that for most of the red states like Texas - running on no income tax with a small deficit could survive alone.

Even better would be a coalition of such states in middle America who could make enough cash off of any imposed tariff on exported food to feed the masses on the coasts to implement policies that would result in relative control politics in the region.

You can't grow food in the cities.

I contend being in the Union actually is more liability than benefit to some states.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Because, for a lot of states especially these hit hard by illegal immigration in the Southwest could if unshackled from the federal policies that cost them money to run imposed on them against their will by the more populated "left and west coast" states they could more than afford to be an independent nation.

Further - if they could collect only 1/2 the taxes the federal government collects from each citizen and determine their own fiscal policies independent of federal interference they would have access to more than enough capital to run their National Guard, police and other institutions.

Hear hear!

I also believe they would have a such a huge influx of people from the libeal run, crime ridden, debt entrenched states in the remaining Union of high tax rates to more than stimulate growth and development.

I would say that for most of the red states like Texas - running on no income tax with a small deficit could survive alone.

Even a fair an unbiased sales tax could generate enough revenue to run a state... if the state is fiscally responsible that is.

Even better would be a coalition of such states in middle America who could make enough cash off of any imposed tariff on exported food to feed the masses on the coasts to implement policies that would result in relative control politics in the region.

You can't grow food in the cities.

I contend being in the Union actually is more liability than benefit to some states.

Look at California for instance; California's governance is a mirror of the federal, for most intent and purpose. People call us liberal, leftist, etc. yet don't see the same in the federal. Anymore, it seems like if you yell 'take care of the people' you get elected yet people don't realize that taking care of the people means taking from the people.

But then I do have to say that California once had an economy, as a producer none-the-less, in the top 10 entities of the world. We once produced enough grain, fruits, meat- pork, beef and chicken, and related products to rate higher, as a state mind you, than most countries of the world. Liberalism and political correctness eroded that away from us though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Big Al can say anything he wants but no one should listen.

He's so last century.

Why does anyone care what he says anymore?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Let me see if I have got this correct here.

You would rather resort to violence than to have the chance to sit down and talk it out with the man. There is just one large problem that I see with that. Violence has never really solved anything, not before and not in the future. It is suggestions like this that has thrown this country into the problem we have now when it comes to violence. Most people tend to think that violence will be solved with more violence. It is the on set of the violence brought on by the agressive retribution that gets people killed.

Tell that to the Scots'men... even the first "Americans", that violence gets you nowhere. Violence, properly applied begets freedom from violence.

reply to post by abecedarian

I've said this on here before and will say it again.

It would be absolute lunacy for a state to decide now that they are going to secede from the Union. Fifteen to twenty years ago, something like this would have been possible. However what most of you are severely neglecting to notice is that most states do not have the money to even bring up the legislation about secedeing from the Union. Hell, some states are even having to cut not office hours, but days of office operations out of the week just to cut costs and save face. So what makes you think that it would be even the slightest bit feasible for something like this to happen now?

And that comment completely ignores the facts. AZ has not seceeded. You, yourself, even said that was something akin to a fantasy. Your willingness to ignore what you've said and your inane attempts at deflection and self-absolving rhetoric is lunacy. You explicitly acknowledge that governments are cutting hours and days from payroll in order to "save a buck", to meet payroll, yet you profess against such actions on the part of the people.

AND, you've yet to comment on MSNBC and Sharpton's comments. You did listen to the OP post's stream, no?
You DID hear and acknowledge the lies presented therein, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join