It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton claims Arizona has Seceded from the united States of America!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey everyone, time to move to Arizona, they have seceded from the union!
Alright, this is just the stuff that MS'___' has on their shows. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. This is a discussion with the "Reverend" Al "not so sharp" Sharpton.

eyeblast.tv...

If you cannot watch the video, here is the discussion paraphrased.

They are going on about how Arizona does not recognize the "federal" MLK holiday. So a host asks the "Reverend" if they should secede. The "Reverend" says they have already.

Anyway, more delusional trips from the MS'___' channel.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

From an outsiders perspective it does seem as they are going in that direction, but not knowing the inner workings I could be wrong..

I am sure that when the towns around here declare themselves independent from the rest of the UK it might give the appearance to outsiders as being more than the 2 fingers and a quick moon at all the official know it alls in Government it really is.

edit on 17/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Damn, don't tease like that. I was ready to pack and move there. If Texas secedes, I am definitely moving.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does this mean they would be a separate country?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The thread title might be a little misleading....

They haven't really seceded. Would be nice if they had because I'm close enough to move.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I live here and it was news to me...LOL

It would maybe not be a bad thing though

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If only it were true.

My heart would jump with joy to stand and watch as state after state joined each other in succeeding from the USA.

Of course this is fictional thinking.

But my right not to honor a man in history is still intact.

On this day I honor General Robert E. Lee.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Many States over the last 2 yrs. have introduced legislation reaffirming the States rights to Secede from the union if the Federal Govt. continues to infringe upon the States rights.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Yes, that is the basic tenet of secession. To declare themselves their own country.

Many states have restated their 10th amendment rights, that if they do not agree with a federal law that is outside the Constitution, they do not have to follow it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Hey, the "Reverend" Al "not so sharp" Sharpton would not lie would he? I mean that is not what "real Reverends" do is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If only it were true.

My heart would jump with joy to stand and watch as state after state joined each other in succeeding from the USA.

Of course this is fictional thinking.

But my right not to honor a man in history is still intact.

On this day I honor General Robert E. Lee.

But of course, racism has no part in the right's hate against Obama, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Yes, that is the basic tenet of secession. To declare themselves their own country.

Many states have restated their 10th amendment rights, that if they do not agree with a federal law that is outside the Constitution, they do not have to follow it.

Thanks for answering. I feared my question was dumb.
Guess not.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Did you know that Robert E Lee had no slaves and he was against slavery? No? Didn't think so.

Maybe instead of pushing the same thing over and over again, you might want to ask the member what he meant.

But of course, that would be civil wouldn't it? No need to be civil, just get out there and fling poo.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

There is never a dumb question. If someone ever gives you guff about not knowing something simple or even complex, ask them what the answer is to dividing by zero. There is no answer it is undefined. I like being a smart #.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Did you know that Robert E Lee had no slaves and he was against slavery? No? Didn't think so.

Maybe instead of pushing the same thing over and over again, you might want to ask the member what he meant.

But of course, that would be civil wouldn't it? No need to be civil, just get out there and fling poo.

MLK is known as a hero world wide. Someone who claims that they would not celebrate his day, but rather celebrate the man tasked with winning the war for the South (and continuing slavery, by extension) is certainly something I would more consider "poo-flinging".

If you dont want to celebrate, fine. But dont denigrate and disrespect the man.

I dont go around burning confederate flags and screaming "take that johnny reb!" on Lee's birthday.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Oh, MLK was a great man huh? Who cares?

How many great men are we supposed to have federal holidays for? Pffft.

Yeah, better force those states to recognize another holiday. If that is what the big deal is, I want a George Washington Holiday, Thomas Paine, Frederick Douglas (know who he is? probably not) etc etc etc.

Whatever.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

George Washington=Presidents day

Gotcha, your point being about a national holiday again?

I will never be able to figure out the "Reverend's" thinking, but maybe I can figure out yours. Why exactly do you think the world needs a central authority? Why do you think it is okay to steal from one to give to another? Why do you think subjugating some and placing them on a plantation is giving them something good?

Why do you hate people that are coerced to live within the welfare society?

Ex

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Personally, I would be thrilled !
That means McCain can go home and stay .
Arizona will no longer be eligible for federal handouts,
Or a voice in our political system!

Hope that works out for you all!!
Don't let the door hit ya........
Deuces!
edit on 1/17/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

George Washington=Presidents day

Gotcha, your point being about a national holiday again?

I will never be able to figure out the "Reverend's" thinking, but maybe I can figure out yours. Why exactly do you think the world needs a central authority? Why do you think it is okay to steal from one to give to another? Why do you think subjugating some and placing them on a plantation is giving them something good?

Why do you hate people that are coerced to live within the welfare society?

Washington's Birthday is a United States federal holiday celebrated on the third Monday of February. It is also commonly known as Presidents Day (sometimes spelled Presidents' Day or President's Day).

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...'s_Birthday

Apparently, you like to keep opening your mouth without actually researching anything.

You wonder why I dont want to take your word for it when it comes to politics?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join