It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ways Science Could Make Us Immortal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

5 Ways Science Could Make Us Immortal

www.cracked.com

We'll take back every bad thing we've ever said about science if it will just make us immortal. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.

The thing is, it might be closer than we think. There are a lot of different ways to keep a human body and mind going long after its expiration date, and experiments are ongoing. The most promising techniques involve ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well if the scientific community is talking about this id say the elites on the planet already have access to this type of technology which is a scary thought ! the common man would never be able to do this it would be reserved for the cream de la cream. we live in a very elitist society now imagine if bill gates could live 200-300 years! the type of power these people would have would be ridiculous!

www.cracked.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
so cheney is part robot, not surprising really i always thought he seemed a bit cold hearted

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We already are immortal. Most just don't realise it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Interesting read. S+F

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

S&F because you introduced me to crack.com.

LOVE it.

...don't support transhumanism but not up to commenting at the moment. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nanotech is already further than what they listed there. They can already have nanomachines latch onto your optic nerve and transmit what you see to a remote location. Its just that the Nanotech is going in the opposite direction. Its only being researched as a weapon (see Metal Gear Solid and you will get to see what they are aiming for) instead of a life aid.

The problem is that scientists are too obsessed with the answers that we can't possibly find (ex. birth of the universe, the LHC, and weapon tech) than to research medically. If they spent half as much as they do on weapon tech or the LHC, we would already have extensive life saving-extending technologies like this.

If you need anymore evidence that the rich greedy b*stards rule the world, look no further than Darth Cheney. If god has told us that one man in particular should not be alive anymore, its Darth Cheney.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not only the type of power they would have think of all the wealth they would accumulate. All the earth's riches would be in the hands of an elite few.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I like the concept in "Babylon 5" (tv serie).
We will continue to evolve, evolve, and when we unlocked 100% capacity of our brain, we'd reached our destination and returned to our purest form, energy.
Or we can inject a speacial chemical into our brain which 100% unlock it instantly and ascend to higher realm of existence OR DIE. It's a 50/50 chance.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

One day, we'll be able to fit a drive with twice that much data in the crack of this model's ass.

That kind of storage is commonplace

This is true!

The site "Crack" is absolutely correct!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I've often wondered what could possibly be so attractive about immortality. Are people seriously that afeared of death that a normal lifespan isn't more than enough in this s#!thole?

And yet I never see anyone question it. Immortality?! YAAAY! We could slog around forever in this fetid swamp being flogged, force-marched, and continually abused by the Elites!! YAAAY! I can hardly wait!

Or words to that effect....

Ex

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I always thought that being immortal was never the idea!
Leaving something behind that mattered was!

( ps.also thanks for crack,com

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

I agree that we're immortal and to discover immortality will just bump people into confidence. I really think that if you knew that you could live forever with the help of science than you would lose your fear of death.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Again... we can already ascent to a higher vibration. There's nothing stopping us :-)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The story shouldn't be 5 ways science could make us immortal.

It should be 5 Ways Science Could Make Billionaires Immortal.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Why would anybody want to be immortal ? What are you gonna do when the Sun eventually goes Supernova , drift around in space for an eternity ? lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Why would anybody want to be immortal ? What are you gonna do when the Sun eventually goes Supernova , drift around in space for an eternity ? lol

If you don't know why anyone would want to be immortal, then don't worry you won't be among those who are.

By the time the Sun goes nova, nanotechnology and astroengineering should allow us to build a new sun.

The ultimate goal of transhumanism is the Omega Point, that is to become god of this universe.

Unlike all the New Age ascension myth, Transhumanism has a basis in science and technology.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

best post EVER! I almost had iced tea coming out of my nose! I to don't want to live forever on this SH*THOLE! maybe if things turn around and everyone decided to not be monogamous anymore. Could you imagine being married to the same person for 500 years? or having to work forever at some crappy job? I think I would take up smoking and drinking, cause why the hell not, I'm gonna live forever! lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

And yet I never see anyone question it. Immortality?! YAAAY! We could slog around forever in this fetid swamp being flogged, force-marched, and continually abused by the Elites!! YAAAY! I can hardly wait!

Or words to that effect....

Mmmm... rather sounds like one of the circles of hell!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaney

well if the scientific community is talking about this id say the elites on the planet already have access to this type of technology which is a scary thought !

No, the "elite" do NOT have access to this level of genetic engineering at the present time.

However, with the pace of ongoing research and experimentation, you will have access to the technology within 50 years maximum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join