It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good quote about animal cruelty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh and you need to change your sig. "Realise" is actually spelled "realize". Guess all them veggies are causing your spelling to lapse.......kid.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Aha please talk back in 72 hours or more because i have 2 theories you either can't read properly or have some short term memory problem.

PS: i have no wife and as a matter of fact nor do i have a girlfriend and i did't say anything about that in this topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Smh at the irony of some who are comforted feeling they are at the top of the food chain of Earth......

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I cannot stand the way these poor animals are treated, but there are humane ways of killing them. I am not a vegetarian, but would like to point out to those who are or are about to be, it doesn't stop with your food. Do you wear a leather or suede coat, belt, shoes or boots? Animals are killed for those things as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Oh and you need to change your sig. "Realise" is actually spelled "realize". Guess all them veggies are causing your spelling to lapse.......kid.

Hey there....boy.

We're not all Yanks* here. You do realise that?
It may be the centre of your world, but it isn't the centre of mine.

*tongue-in-cheek, guaranteed to get a response.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

This guy and macman are just a couple of trols they just get a thrill from making people angry and it wouldn't surprise me if they have a handy(fap) right after a negative post directed towards them.
And just like the other guy that posted a video with the stupid comment "U mad yet?".

To bad the mods aren't doing their job properly and ban them so as to keep other valuable members from leaving.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by PoorFool

I want to see you go and eat a buffalo alive ...

And i want to ask you do you feel good turning this topic into an attack directed towards me? Do you feel good when you act like a spoiled kid?

Its sad that there are so many kids here just bashing everything because they are just going through a crisis.

Spoiled? Crisis? I don't know where you got that from.

My problem is when vegetarians start using arguments such as yours in order to attack us meat eaters. That really pisses me off. If that is not your goal, then disregard that. I am also against inhumane killing of animals when it can be avoided.

There is nothing morally wrong with killing and eating animals. I wouldn't eat a buffalo alive but I'd be willing to kill it to feed myself and others.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by aorAki

This guy and macman are just a couple of trols they just get a thrill from making people angry and it wouldn't surprise me if they have a handy(fap) right after a negative post directed towards them.
And just like the other guy that posted a video with the stupid comment "U mad yet?".

To bad the mods aren't doing their job properly and ban them so as to keep other valuable members from leaving.

Ban me? Your the one firing off all the name calling Mr. do as I say not as I do. You need to come down off your high horse. You don't agree with somebody so you start name calling and now whining about mods needing to suppress my freedom of speech and I'm the bad guy. Your gonna make me want to go cow tipping next.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is no logical or moral argument for killing animals and eating them.

Every single ''argument'' in support of eating meat is either a logical fallacy, or an argument that would support other activities that would generally be considered to be immoral.

Cognitive dissonance is the order of the day in the minds of meat-eaters. I should know; I used to be one.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Where is it written that I have to treat animals in the same manner I treat humans?
I have yet to see where the lion humanly kills the animal that it is to feast on.

I have yet to see where an animal humanely carries out rape, sexual abuse of their young, incest or bestiality.

We are all animals.

I believe in the ''kill or be killed'' philosophy.

I find it morally objectionable to kill and eat a human, as I have empathy, and I know the pain and suffering that they would go through in the process.

Why would anyone feel any differently towards one of our mammalian relatives ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is hard to comprehend the cruelty that is heaped upon these animals as they give their lives so we can live.
Is it reprehensible? Yes it is, but consumers are so far removed from the true food chain all they care about is the finished product. I'm guessing the factory farm workers and meat processors may go a bit mad just from the horrendous sights and sounds they are witness to. You can only block out so much.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Humanely killing. I bet that would make the cows feel better.

Of course it would.

If you had the choice between being put to death in a quick and effective manner, and being tortured to death; which would you choose ?

I don't like slaughtering cows for food, but as I grudgingly accept that this is a reality in our society, then measures should be taken to make sure that the suffering of the animal is kept to the minimum.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
It is hard to comprehend the cruelty that is heaped upon these animals as they give their lives so we can live.

Strangely enough, I can live just fine without eating animals that are tortured to death.

I'm pretty sure that they don't ''give'' their lives to us.

That's like saying that a slave ''gave'' their lifetime of work, so as people could live their lives.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I am not a vegetarian, but would like to point out to those who are or are about to be, it doesn't stop with your food. Do you wear a leather or suede coat, belt, shoes or boots? Animals are killed for those things as well.

The vegetarians who don't eat meat for ethical reasons, and who still wear leather and fur, are hypocrites.

Not all vegetarians refuse to eat meat for ethical reasons.

Some people don't eat meat for health reasons, because of their religion, or simply because they don't like the taste or texture of meat; I'm sure that there may well be some other reasons that have led people to vegetarianism.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I Think Meat Tastes Good.

Does Anyone agrees with me?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is the reason my husband and i became vegetarian, he was once a butcher! he defenatly loves eating meat but he stopped becuase of the torture and the quality of life of the animals we use for food. we treat pets so lovingly they are consided family..they have no more or less feelings and rights then a pig or cow who both love a human to pet and scratch them and speak to them..but we don't we torture then slaughter and eat them..whay are they treated so much different then dogs and cats.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

We don't use leather or animal products we do eat free range eggs from a place where the birds have a full life and are never killed...these are eggs that are never fertal and would never become birds.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpsdasnake
I Think Meat Tastes Good.

Does Anyone agrees with me?

Damn right.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Its strange eating these slaughtered dirty animals does not discust anyone but eating Quorn products that we personaly love (a fungus) people say ick!
people also think it would be really sick if aliens were eating us and saw us as food..weird!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Actually homosapiens staring eating meat once we got our big brains and women started menstruating. Really men started hunting for women because when we menstruate and give birth we lose a lot of blood, hence losing a lot of iron. We need the meat to replenish our iron levels and there is no better source than red meat.
Think about it.

Women average 35 millimeters per cycle, and average 500 cycles lifetime, so that comes out to 17.5 liters of blood lifetime!

Ordinarily, the woman loses about 1 pint of blood after delivery.

I do not support the inhumane treatment of these animals and I know there is a better way. We don't have to eat as much as we do but meat is essential to our diet particularly womens, we need it so give birth and survive.

edit on 17-1-2011 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by SlyFox_79 because: Added fun facts

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join