It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 74
<< 71  72  73   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

I think that is 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova. It seems too low on the ecliptic to be Elenin.
But you can ask here to be sure:
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 10/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the link it looks like an excellent resource for those interested but lacking any real astronomy knowledge; like myself!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
coming coming.... and it's gone

nation.com.pk...

great job guys... so now we wait for 2012 right?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

There's October 21st, October 28th and November 9th to look forward to.

Oh, and there's World Panic Day on November 25th as well.
edit on 10/16/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I keep ,getting different dates from 10/21/2011 to 11/27/2011 for it's passing.Also different sizes from about the size of Mars to the size of Austrailia.I looked at the graphs and they seem to show it around 10/28/2011.
No I did not read all 74 pages first. But I would like to know the correct things I am telling people about it.
Also can there be any relevence between it's passing and the sudden number of earthquakes in Eastern Europe, The Middle East,,Central Alaska and Northern California? Most are around volcanic areas.
I have noticed that the debunkers on tv will briefly mention then ignore the subject.(No I do not have the recent vid from MSNBC).
Please forgive my ignorance.
I seems ta huv furgoted everting I larned in astronomy.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

There is no reputable irrefutable evidence that tidal forces causes volcanic activity or an increase in earthquakes.

But lets examine how we arrive at that conclusion, but first let me remind you that the moon and sun exert over 98% of the tidal forces on earth in the solar system, and by comparison if all of the planets could be in alignment directly opposite the earth and sun the combined tidal force would be around 1.7% of what the moon exerts, and a comet is a millionth the mass of the moon, so that's why it's stated your Volkswagen exerts more tidal force on the earth as you drive than any comet millions of miles away.

Lets also point out the greatest tidal forces the earth undergoes and put it into perspective, about once every 14 days the moon and sun are aligned with earth, either a full or new moon, creating the highest tides or force on earth, hence they are called the "fortnightly" tides. This also creates a bulge in the earth but is this bulge enough to move tectonic plates or make volcanos more likely to erupt?

The USGS has measured this and offer a nice illustration on how much of a bulge this is. The earth's surface tilts up to 0.03 microradians in response to the apparent passage of the moon overhead. A tilt of one microradian is the tilt of a solid bar one kilometer long with one end raised by the thickness of a dime.The idea is that if a volcano is full of magma, the squeezing at the fortnightly tidal maximum might be just enough to overcome the resistance of the crust, push magma out, and get an eruption going. This is ludicrous! Not good enough?

More than 25 years ago, a pair of earth scientists compared the records for 680 eruptions that occurred since 1900 and found that "the probability of an eruption is greatest at fortnightly. A specific look at 52 Hawaiian eruptions since January 1832 shows the same sort of pattern. Nearly twice as many eruptions have occurred nearer fortnightly tidal maximum than tidal minimum.

Although this is a fascinating correlation, there are just too many tidal maximums and too many volcanoes to base predictions on tidal cycle alone. In the Hawai'i example of 52 eruptions since January 1832, there have been nearly 3,900 tidal maximums, of which roughly 3,850 of them went by without causing an eruption. Statistically, this is about one percent!

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
When ?

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mystery00

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Mystery00

I think the estimate is that it will be back in 600,000 years.
I suspect ATS will be gone by then, but, hey, maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73   >>

join