It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are electromagnetic beings is it possible to create an EMP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've heard that we as humans are electromagnetic, so would it be possible then to create an electromagnetic pulse? perhaps by accident or intentionally using willpower?

could this be the real reason for SLI - street light interference or technokinesis (ability to effect electrical devices with the mind)

could some people have more electromagnetic energy than others? is there a way to build it up? control it? direct it?

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Not sure about that one, i guess you could also ask does that make us susceptable to EMP attack?

CX.
edit on 17/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Possibilly in many, many years of evolution we could acheive such things using our minds, But at the moment the human race is still very young in a sense we have a lot further to go before we become such an advanced race

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
maybe chi is our EMP
(skip to 40 sec)
edit on 17-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
reply to post by Eonnn

Not sure about that one, i guess you could also ask does that make us susceptable to EMP attack?

CX.
edit on 17/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't think so, considering the sun has done several attack similar to EMP attacks on us in the past.

Check out the solar flare that caused every telegraph wire to burst into flames. Surely we could have been just as adversely affected.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Sorry, but that video shows me nothing. All it cuts to, is this guy kneeling over a piece of "something flammable" that is by that time already burning and smoking.

I am not doubting Chi, or that there are powers beyond our comprehension, but this video does not prove anything at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
(skip to 1:50 you see him preparing)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

well we already know that electronic devices are more susceptible to EMP than biological devices. I'm more interested in the concept that we are electromagnetic and should therefore in theory be able to produce electromagnetic waves or pulses capable of disrupting electronics.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
BTW, I totally believe that John Chang guy is authentic. The place where I used to do martial arts, he was coming to give lessons on qigong as a special guest. He apparently travels the world giving special lessons like these to well-developed martial arts schools, and occasionally doing healing sessions. Unfortunately I missed my opportunity to join the class, would have loved to see him in action. I've experienced what he talks about in meditation where you connect the yin and yang energies in the solar plexus and it creates a strong electricity/heat sensation. Obviously he's a little more advanced, but if you have ever personally practiced qigong you would know that this chi or subtle energy exists, because you can sense/perceive it when you practice the art.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

I think so!!!!!

The human magnet: Mother has amazing power to make metal stick to her body (and she also sets off car alarms)By Arthur Martin
Last updated at 8:12 AM on 22nd August 2010
Comments (78) Add to My Stories
Looking on the bright side, she should never lose her keys.
But for mother-of-one Brenda Allison, her mysterious 'power' that means metallic objects stick to her body has long since lost its attraction.
Dubbed 'the human magnet', Miss Allison says she is often embarrassed by the effect

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3a08e7b4d60.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 1/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Interesting question !

If one looks at how ghosts have been known to effect electrical lights etc. then it very well might be possible to do.

Ghosts being within the electromagnetic realm are already composed of electromagnetic energy making it easy for them to interact with other forms of electrical energy.

An impulse is a type of waveform of high intensity/strength in a very short time frame/duration.

But to actually damage electronics would require generating considerable amount of energy.
Which is why nukes are generally used. Lots of energy is available....

But on a smaller scale, The damaging effects upon electronics is due to this intensity AND electronic's circuitry to act as an antenna in which to receive this impulse of energy. The damage occurs due to the intensity of the impulse upon logic circuits that are only designed to work with low current or power.

In order for an individual to generate the energy necessary to actually damage circuitry he/she would have to
1.)Generate the necessary electromagnetic energy and impulse necessary to transmit said energy over a distance.
2.) Have the ability to Focus and transmit the energy upon a subject.

The example of the CHI master does convey this ability. He, via concentration is generating the energy and focusing it through his hands. Which ignites the paper underneath his hands.

I have also seen this individual illuminate an LED which proves that he is generating electrical energy in the form of electrical current necessary in which to turn bias the LED on and illuminate.

Since electromagnetic energy isn't within the visual spectrum. It is invisible to our eyes and we will only see the paper ignite or the diode to turn on and illuminate and not necessarily the source of the ignition or energy.

Similar in principle to a microwave oven. You can cook/heat food with it but the energy itself is invisible.
OR your cellphone. There is energy carrying the phone messages entering/exiting the antenna of the phone but it too is invisible to the naked eye.

So in answer to your question it is possible to do this and one could potentially use it to effect electronic devices. But to develop the ability to generate this level of energy as this Chi master has would take many years of study or meditation as he describes it and is highly unlikely/ or near impossible to achieve.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
(skip to 1:50 you see him preparing)
I always wondered how he did that, but the video doesn't look continuous, like it might be edited.

Do you think this might be how he sets the paper on fire?

Chi energy revealed!

There was a Japanese guy who could supposedly make photographs with his mind but that may have been a parlor trick too...if not, it was the closest thing to a human EMP I've seen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

wow, great reply! looks like there is a slim chance this is possible, and could explain quite a few things. As you say its invisible which I think is why people aren't so ready to believe people like John Chang, especially with todays technology and of course magicians/con-artists. It would sure make it easier to practice directing this energy if we could actually see it.

The reason I ask if this is possible is because I've experienced the SLI thing myself on many occasions. One time after a good workout doing martial arts (kung fu and tai chi) I was intentionally turning off street lights as I drove by each one. Just by using intent and willpower, doing that workout may have somehow focused or raised my electromagnetic energies.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
try i you break your arm and finger. chi must be real

I tried to do this and my finger broke then my wrist broke then my shoulder broke then i cracked my head on the ground then my neck broke then I died.

edit on 18-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

HOLY CRAP that is crazy

almost as crazy as doing dick pushups

new topics

top topics

join