It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is honest... now what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The government has come out and publically announced, "We spray chemicals on the people of america, we blew up the world trade centers, we poison your food and water, we withhold healthy and effective medical treatment."

what could we do even if this were to happen?

because if they came out and said it as non-chalantly (sp?) as i did above, but included "and we will continue doing what we are doing" --- i gaurantee a majority of america would just say," well i've been good so far, i guess thats ok" and continue on with their lives.

If the government disclosed everything, we'd gain some people, but still not a lot.
So whats the plan and when do we do it?

edit on 17-1-2011 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Let us be honest here.. It ain't gonna happen!

2nd

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Even if that happened people would still live in denial trust me most folks don't care as long as they're watching american idol and eating their big macs then it doesn't bother them .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
wont happen... Perhaps because they know that that the only right thing to do with them politicians then is to make them suffer the same pain that they have caused onto those people. Lets face it, if the families that lost loved ones in 9/11 were to find out about the truth, they would do all in their power to see that TPTB be put to justice.

If something like a full disclosure were to happen, a lot of people would be very upset.

And they dont want that...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Even if that happened people would still live in denial trust me most folks don't care as long as they're watching american idol and eating their big macs then it doesn't bother them .

This is so true you won't believe.

Over here in the UK, people are so obsessed with non-celebrities and reality tv (X Factor gets the biggest tv ratings of the year somehow even though it's nothing more than a high profile karaoke show creating mass produced "musicians" and helping destroy what little real music is out there) that even if the governments of the world anunced they were behind a lot of things, as long as Kerry Katona or some other talentless, drugged up moron made front page headlines for not doing much of importance the public would move on and forget about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i already said what you all posted, people would say "eh whatever" be a little upset but still just continue their day to day life.

so what can really be done, what could the people who want to do something about it do?
we can try and educate the sheeple, but they don't care. So what could we do?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think that's the thing, we all said the same thing but that speaks volumes in and of itself.

There'd be nothing we CAN do. Just be brushed side as crazy little theorists making up stupid stories and putting too much thought into it instead of enjoying ourselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
so we might as well just live our lives, ignorant to everything since we cant do anything about changing the world?
thats so depressing

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If that was indeed how it came about, I don't think the response would be so pathetic.
Normally I am the first to jump in and say people are fat and lazy and have no interest in how their country is run.
But in this case I think you would see chaos on the streets.

People do get angry, but they don't have the mentality to find others who feel the same.

Look at the protests that happen all over the world. They are started by groups who communicate.
The student protests in London and Greece, the Union protests, political parties...
They are all in groups of people who talk to each other and formulate plans.

A true uprising like the one we're seeing in Tunisia comes about through a massively publicized and inciting event. That began through the suicide of a market trader who was forced into poverty by his government.

So the way I see it is there is always a chance that the people will rise up, but these events are normally started by groups of people who actively communicate. If not, it takes a large and well-known incident of injustice to mobilize the public to all come together against a common foe.

I think a statement like the one you've given would be enough to mobilize the masses.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think an approach like that would work fantastic. If you just released one scandal people would throw around their arms and go on about it. But if you released them all at once people would not know how to respond, they would be speechless for a few days at least as it sunk in. They then might start asking one or two questions and gradually the whole lot would unravel with a prior acceptance. Still be some anger and sadness as the stories are uncovered but would be dispersed amongst the shear volume of material. Obama might even get a chance to get re-elected. I like it, nice idea.

new topics

top topics

join