It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victorians warned to brace for flooding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Victorians warned to brace for flooding

www.abc.net.au

As floodwaters race towards Horsham, the SES is now warning communities in much of Victoria's north-west to prepare for major flooding in the coming days.

The SES is warning residents in dozens of towns in the areas between the Loddon, Campaspe and Avoca rivers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The floodinging is getting worse, and I have yet to find any numbers as far as death toll goes. I hope that whoever is in the path of these flood waters has the smarts to get moving in the other direction.

At least these people are getting fair warning. I had to evacuate from Katrina and it was a total disaster, I can't imagine what these families are going through, let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

www.abc.net.au
edit on 2011/1/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

The floodinging is getting worse, and I have yet to find an exact number as far as death toll goes. I hope that whoever is in the path of these flood waters has the smarts to get moving in the other direction.

At least these people are getting fair warning. I had to evacuate from Katrina and it was a total disaster, I can't imagine what these families are going through, let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

www.abc.net.au

No deaths in the Victorian floods thank God..
Some 46 small rural towns were affected and some will cop maximum river heights tonight or tomorrow..
Lets hope the death toll stays at 0....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This was the same weather system that drowned Queensland.Strangest weather event i have ever seen,like a giant waterpump spiraling over certain locations dropping what seemed like buckets over certain areas.Massive spirals hanging off the East coast...The times they are a changing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I hope the people that live there have enough time to get out. I have seen the pictures and reports it seems like a very grim situation. Just so you know we are thinking about you. I even donated what I could to the disaster fund. Stay safe friends.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Would be nice to get a subject matter expert in here on the subject of weather and geography. Maybe it has something to do with the lay of the land?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The weather system that caused alot of this was (im not a weather expert) a big low pressure system that caused a funnel like formation that pumped very humid rain filled clouds from the area of Indonesia to Australias north all across australia to the southern and eastern states.

Last week in Melbourne we had 3 continuous days of 92 to 95% humidity...the highest humidity on record and higher than south east asian countries at the same time.....it was unbearable.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Would be nice to get a subject matter expert in here on the subject of weather and geography. Maybe it has something to do with the lay of the land?

Apparently it was one huge weather front stretching from the NT all the way down to Vic..
That's a few thousand klms long..

Maybe OZweatherman will show up...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Last week in Melbourne we had 3 continuous days of 92 to 95% humidity...the highest humidity on record and higher than south east asian countries at the same time.....it was unbearable.

Yep, felt like Darwin weather...
Hottish but very sweaty....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
has anyone else seen this or know what it may be, what caused it, where did it go ... and i could come up with a few more questions ... but unfortunately, i have no answers for this one.
source: ______beforeitsnews/story/357/400/Huge_ring_appears_over_Australia,_is_HAARP_involved.html

It shows a very large rotating over the western Australia where the mysterious large ring appeared from which a small but brief condense trail formed off the coastline and from the center what had been the huge ring a series of what appears to be three mini spiraling arms are seen moving out of the area, moving north east. This is one of those rare occasions when I could buy weather experimentation effects or other experiments
being performed by HAARP are being observed. It is hoped to receive an explanation from the Australian Government Weather Bureau for these series of strange effects.
prayers and best wishes to everyone with anyone in Ozland ...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
she'll be right fellas.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That's strange.

Why isn't this hitting the world news in a bigger way?

I heard some of you say you don't have death toll figures or anything, but could you give an estimate based on everything you know?

Aren't we talking 100+ here already from the last 10 or 14 days? Possibly 200?

And is this like a 100year flood type event? Have your local weathermen explained this yet?
What is it El Nino or La Nina effects ?

I don't know anything about it really, so I just asked questions. I am sure a lot of other ppl would want to know more answers about these floods too.

Also by posting I am keeping the thread alive.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
has anyone else seen this or know what it may be, what caused it, where did it go ... and i could come up with a few more questions ... but unfortunately, i have no answers for this one.
source: ______beforeitsnews/story/357/400/Huge_ring_appears_over_Australia,_is_HAARP_involved.html

It shows a very large rotating over the western Australia where the mysterious large ring appeared from which a small but brief condense trail formed off the coastline and from the center what had been the huge ring a series of what appears to be three mini spiraling arms are seen moving out of the area, moving north east. This is one of those rare occasions when I could buy weather experimentation effects or other experiments
being performed by HAARP are being observed. It is hoped to receive an explanation from the Australian Government Weather Bureau for these series of strange effects.
prayers and best wishes to everyone with anyone in Ozland ...

I have to admit, I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to HAARP. I read the article and it's very interesting. Can you find another article to corroborate this theory?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
HAARP is in Alaska that's really far away.

The theory would sound cooler if you said Pine Gap.

It's a lot closer.

I'm not saying Pine Gap caused the floods either. I don't think that.

Just doing my share to help the world make better conspiracy theories one post at a time.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There's 18 deaths in Queensland and none in Victoria..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I have to admit, I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to HAARP. I read the article and it's very interesting. Can you find another article to corroborate this theory?

Hesitant? well i suppose that's a good word for it ... i'm rather apprehensive about it (there's just too much we aren't being told) and not enough of what we are being told about it.

another source? truthfully, i hadn't looked. was just catching up on 'old news' (story is from couple days ago but nothing turned up in an ATS search) ... still not sure how any of y'all missed that, is why i asked. Considering the source (BiN), perhaps some corroboration should be located and posted ... i'll look around.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

yes, Alaska is the advertised location and most familiar to Americans but check this ... it's world-wide

edit: remove link - it was to main google search page - not listing
just google 'HAARP locations' and you'll get plenty
edit on 17-1-2011 by Honor93 because: remove bad link

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

nothing on the 'theory' yet but here's a video of locals wondering wtf themselves ...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

This radar return has nothing to do with the recent weather event,these radar rings were everywhere on the radar early last year,there is an official explanation for these on the B.O.M site,believe it at your own discretion ,but this event did not originate in W.A.

new topics

top topics

join