It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KY proposes smoking ban in cars with kids

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

it is weird, seeing as though i have not seen anybody saying it is o.k. to submit children to second hand smoke.
so i am unsure where you get the impression people are arguing about submitting children to second hand smoke.

i wonder how many concerns there are about other dangers to health. i think we will find there are many hypocrits who just like to bash smokers and persecute them for smoking a legal all be it harmful substance. no different to many other harmful things children are exposed to that people never give a second thought.

news.bbc.co.uk...

doctor.ndtv.com...

i remember that awful petrol smell, it use to give me headaches when i was a kid whenever i was waiting in the car in a gas/petrol station.

if smoking is so bad, ban it.
edit on 19-1-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually, I don't dislike Greg Stumbo. He's a friendly guy and decent tipper.
That said, I don't think this is about children's health.
Don't forget, Stumbo was a prosecutor and attorney general, a member of law enforcement. It seems that if a healthy populace were his main concern, more effort would have been spent as AG outlawing all those "pain clinics" as opposed to arresting all those "pillbillies" in the parking lot.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Cincykid

Hi Cindy kid, just a thought for you about you owning your house. Yes you may have the title or deed to your house, you are obligated to pay taxes on your house and your land. Therefore the govenment dictates whether you live in your house by if you pay your taxes or not. Try not to pay your taxes for a few years and see who ends up with your property. This is an example of how the gov't runs the show and that while you own your property, the powers that be can make you forfeit your proprety rights for failure to obide by the rules set forth by the officials.

I get what you are saying. What does that have to do with the subject at hand? I pay my taxes, it's my house. Government can't say jack about my cigar!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by Cincykid

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

I said if i wanted to..i have a right..if it's in my home and my car...i OWN them.....
They are my children to raise as i see fit.
I

I'm sorry to break this to you, but if you have registered your car with the government, then you don't own your car, you are just the registered keeper or the car and TPTB can take it from you when ever they feel like it.

Same goes for your children, if you have registered their births and got birth certificates, you don't own them, the state does, you gave them to the state and the state has the right to tell you how to look after their property. They can also take them from you if they choose or if they have reason to believe you are not looking after their property how they want you to.

edit on 17/1/11 by NonKonphormist because: to do editing type stuff

What? I like to inform you that he does own his car. Registration is so you can get tags to legally drive it, but you can own an unregisterd car and keep it in you garage and it wouldn't be against the law and no, TPTB cannot just take it whenever the want as long as no illegal action is being perfomed.

The state doesn't own people, especially when the court hasn't awarded custody to the state and if so, that will only do until the children turn 18. Finally, The government doensn't own your house, it has no right to tell you what to do in your home any more than I.

Do you live in China or miss the old USSR? Just wondering.....

Ok, if that's the way you want to see it, that's your choice, but the small amount of research I have done leads me to believe that I am correct.

I would very much like a link to your research.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People ( especially Kentuckians) don't just smoke in their cars with their kids and passengers, but they also throw the butts out the window.

The butts are horrible to look at, they DO NOT biodegrade, and it costs Kentucky millions of dollars each year just to clean up the butts and nothing else.

Butts thrown out windows with cherries still glowing red and hot often bounce into the front end of low slung cars, such as expensive sportscars and can burn paint and mar the automobile.

Throwing butts out of your car is illegal, I wish cops would start enforcing that. I would like to beat people who throw flaming cigarettes out their windows and straight into my front grill on the interstate.

Butts also cause most of the Forest fires along interstates and spreading into farmland, and even cause fires in the city in green spaces on hot days during drought.
edit on 13-5-2011 by SigmundFRAUD because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join