It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a ghost? (picture)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Recently i have been having an overwhelming amount of unexplainable things happening to me. I have even been wondering if im going crazy. I have been seeing things that i cant explain and hearing noises so i decided to go online and try to find some answers. I read on several websites that you can catch things on pictures that you cant normally "see" with your eyes. So the last few days i have been taking random pictures only to find out that nothing shows up in them. Well this morning i had a "feeling" and i kept seeing this weird "misty" looking thing beside a tree in my front yard. I kept seeing it so i decided to take some photos even though i had pretty much decided that i was only going to get nothing. Well, boy was i surprised and completely shocked and traumatized by what i saw in this picture.I didnt get a negative feeling from this, i was just initially shocked by it. After i stopped shaking and collected myself enough to get the nerve to go back outside and take another picture of the same spot, it no longer showed up. I am putting both pictures below. I took these pictures on my cellphone which is a Nokia E63. I would love to know what you guys see in this picture and what you think it is. Thank You.

PICTURE WITH THE "GHOST"?
s1081.photobucket.com...

SAME SPOT TAKEN A LITTLE WHILE LATER.
s1081.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Please take a picture from the outside in, also step back a few meters and take the same picture.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
From what i know thats due to overexposure of the film.
This can sometimes result due to intense heat.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

Star and flag for the pics here.

Quick couple of questions. Were you smoking or anyone around smoking, and what was the temp outside. Any reason for a condensation cloud ( ie cold outside and breath or possible a clothes dryer exhaust vent).

I ask because these are phenomenon that can create an artifact like what is seen in your pic.
If not then we can rule those out and begin looking for another explanation.

Thanks stace

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
At first glance. Looks like the pic was taken inside the house and those are the reflections of the drapes, also that pic has distortion on the rest of the window while the other doesn't.

Who knows. But thats what I see.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

i dont understand what you mean by from the outside in...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepoProject

OP stated they used a cellphone to take pics. So there is no over exposure of film. I am on the fence about the pics. Too tired to intensely examine tonite

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29

i think what was meant was to see what was around you at the time the pic was snapped. Such as through a plate glass window or sliding door that might have drapes or privacy blinds. Sometimes they can cause a reflection on the lens or the glass of the window/door.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29

Take a picture from the outside of the house, towards where you were standing when you took the initial picture.
Just to make sense of where this object could have been (if it was an object, or a drape, which i think it was)

link   
Definantly take the picture from outside facing into the house.

Looks like an overexposure.

link   

and i couldnt step back any further because my house was right behind me. I was sitting on my front porch.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

i was already outside when i took the pics. I was sitting directly in front of my front door. i can take a picture of right where i was sitting but right now it is 8:40 at night and it is dark outside so i would have to wait until in the morning to take it. I can send the pictures directly from my cellphone to someones email if that would help. that way you can tell that it is the original picture.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've seen a number of pictures like this, and captured one myself. I beleive it to be real. They all have the same quality about them, hard to explain. You know it when you see it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

no i was not smoking, it was early morning so there is a possibility that it could be maybe fog or something perhaps, and my clothes dryer is nowhere near the front porch of my house. Tomorrow i will take a picture of the front of my house when it is daylight so you can see more of the area where it was taken.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My Friend Staysay29, Great Pictures, Thank You.
I do see a strong hazy mist, it effects the entire picture, just more of a form or should I say, thicker in front of your tree to the left of you in the picture.

The other picture is so clear! WOW,,, How much time do you think separates the two pictures? Do you think there is a chance for the first picture you moved your hand or breathed?
Just asking,,,,,,,, Really good pictures and I don't think it is Evil.
S & F for you post and pic's.

edit on 16-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

What I find intriguing about this, is how it seems to light up the small area of the sidewalk, where it is.
I think this photo is very interesting, and shouldn't be brushed aside as nothing.

Staysay, I don't think this is a bad or an evil thing. I mean, it's light.

Has anything happened for you to believe it might be evil? Because I don't think it is. I think if it is a spirit, it is a good one.

And to those who want her to take another picture....I mean, do you expect it to have remained there waiting?
What are the chances?

Some paranormal investigators are drawn to trees. They believe many trees have spirits, or that some live in trees.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

thank you. what was strange to me was that when i kept seeing it before i took the picture, it was like a small area that just didnt seem to fit, like a "misty" thing and when i would look directly at it, it seemed to dissipate, then it would catch my eye again. What freaked me out was that, it was by the tree and it was small, but when the picture showed up on my phone screen, the "misty" thing was right in front of me on the porch and not by the tree and it was very large. Needless to say i gasped and ran inside lol. I have just recently started noticing these strange things and i wonder if it has anything to do with my father. He just passed away on Dec. 22 of cancer. I thought i was just imagining things but to actually have something show up on a photo like this just kinda scared me.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing the pictures, but I wonder if it was like dirt/dust floating in the air at the time you took the picture or does that effect only appear in the film?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I really don't see a part that looks like part of the sidewalk it lit up.

Furthermore, I'd find it to be more spirit-explainable if the hazy section was in one concentrated area. But if you look it spreads through the whole pic, lightly showing some of the same color haze all the way to the right. I'd say it looks like it was shot through a window but if she was just sitting on the porch as stated and it happened I'd call it more of an over exposure.

I think in order to prove a haunting or entity you have to seek to disprove it first before trying to prove it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
--sorry double posted by accident--

edit on 16-1-2011 by DeadStarState because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join