It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using "TPTB" as a cop-out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A similar thread prompted me to think about this topic.

I've noticed an upward trend in people blaming the mythical "TPTB" for their woes and ailments in life. They also blame these folks for every single malady that affects society, from the music industry to sexual identity to even their food choices!

Don't you think it's a cop-out to simply blame "TPTB" for everything?

Who put these people in power?

YOU DID.

Who can take these people out of power?

YOU CAN.

It all comes back to YOU whenever you point the finger of blame at someone.
edit on 16-1-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree with you my friend. Now the question: how? While there are many ideas to this answer, I believe we just need to create a system within the system. I suppose sort of like the Amish but more sophisticated.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
every good conspiracy has to have an aura of mystery surrounding it for it to be possible. it is much like blaming satan for all the whoes in your life. sometimes there may be TPTB and sometimes we just need to take an inventory of ourselves and lay accountability where it needs to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's a good thing that these replies are encouraging.

I proposed the same question on another forum and got the usual "But they are evil! They are responsible for everything!" line from people.

As for the person proposing an Amish-style lifestyle: No Thanks. We do not need to cower and live like peasants in the shadows of these "beasts" that we have created. If anything, it should be the other way around!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ahh, to be young, naive, full of idealism. I bet your going to change the world. Or are you just going to point out that others aren't?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Why don't you bring something relevant to this discussion instead of insulting me based on your assumptions about my age?

Care to tell us what your problem is?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Your post had a very accusatory tone, who was it aimed at?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
s&f for the "who put them in power" and "who can take them out" statement. more people (inparticulary americans) need to realize this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
TPTB.
These are the families that remain elusive, and for the most part stay out of the public eye. Rockefeller family, Rothschilds, Morgan, Lazards....
You have to understand, the "money" we use is not really money. TPTB is not a cop out, it represents our rulers, and they know that YOU don't know that you are in fact ruled. Some names here.

www.save-a-patriot.org...

The CFR, Council of Foreign Relations, is composed of their professional "tools", highly paid to carry out their agenda, and to keep you fooled. Look at this list, isn't it easier to say TPTB, or would you prefer that each time we list all of the names lined up against you?

www.nndb.com...

You must understand something about those that actually pull the strings of the puppets. Like for instance, the Rothschilds. They don't really think you are anything more than an animal. You can't breed with them, and in fact, you can't share the same air. Note, the head of the Rothschilds left this in his will...

(2) The family was to intermarry with their own first and second cousins, thus preserving the vast fortune. This rule was strictly adhered to early on but later, when other rich Jewish banking houses came on the scene, it was relaxed to allow some of the Rothschilds to marry selected members of the new elite.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

TPTB represent those at the top, and those that are paid to oppress you. There are too many to list.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

edit on 17-1-2011 by alien because: ...removed, as referred to post has now been deleted...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

No argument here.

My argument is with people who blame TPTB for mundane, everyday things that could easily be the fault of others.

It's not easy to explain but I've read enough threads to get some idea of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's an excuse for apathy, nothing more. OP nailed it on the head.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
TPTB will say vote for me because you are tired of X Y and Z, so you vote for him/her as the dust from the vote settles and that person wins you find out it is the same old song and dance, so now who do you blame????... TPTB!!!!!!
For the policy makers make the laws the voters are there to make you think that it is a vote for system, when in truth it is not, yes some have good intentions but when the law is law and the bill to change the law is found by the way side, it is still law.
Or that person comes up with bill/ law that makes the first law/bill look good.
Look this up laws/ bills past by 111 congress and 112 congress, and see who has past, change and voted for what.
Yes i do know there are new faces so see what they said then, to get the job, and what they are doing now... I think you will be surprised!!!! here is a good one i think we all wanted changed The Patriot Act see what the new congress is doing on this subject. remmber the words "I Will" from "POTUS"
edit on 17-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Who put these people in power? They certainly did not go to the polls and pull the lever for themselves!

That's what you have to realize. I'm sure that we've all voted for a politician that we later regretted. I know I have.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is great confusion about who the PTB are. In some ways its relative. Politicians may seem to some like the PTB, but they are much lower down on the totem pole. The real PTB supercede any and all national or world government bodies.

Picture a vacuum that sucks up money. It has many tentacles, drawing money from working people every day in many ways, often thru debt and borrowing, but it all ends up eventually in the hands of a few families.

They are the PTB. Our entire society is designed for one purpose -- for them to get rich on the backs of our labour. We work longer hours than ever, but it seems like the harder we work the less we have to show for it. That is no accident. We are taught to believe we live in democracies that are for our good. It is a ruse.

Until more people understand this nothing will change. Each of us can do things to not support the system that keeps feeding them, the PTB, but until there is greater awareness in the community at large, little will change.

And don't expect politicians to do anything about it because their little egos are fed just enough by the PTB to keep their allegiances in check. All those politicians and the bills they pass are bought and paid for. You and I cannot afford the selling price.
edit on 1/17/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

so it is you and me to put the blame on for them lying??? are we some how putting words of lies in there mouth, sending mind waves, i voted for you, now you must lie???? do you not see the faults in this???? you can not blame your self nor me for them lying and deceiving the voters. no i will not put them blame on me for being lied too, i voted for this person and they should honer the word's that got them there, if not resign and let some on else in or your turn will be up in 2 years, yes there are other option's but that is for an other day.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just wanted to point this out:

TPTB are not elected by anyone

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

when they first start out they are voted in, mayors to gov. then house rep to sent then there's the big white house, i want this guy as the next POTUS make it happen so it does your vote is just show and no tell the EC decides that weeks before, how is that ???? that's the 14 trillion dollar question, figure that one out and you can have the job. kind of like where's waldo, stair long enough and you will find him

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Waldo is under my bed all tied up.

And TPTB are not the politicians you see on TV, they are just the frontmen, the puppets ...

The real powers in the world are the ultra rich and by ultra rich i mean the ones that can buy Africa or Europe ... Thats how much money they have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join