It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock star hopes his music is blasted at Bush officials in jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by macman

So, you'd rather the general population listen to the corrupt MSM and their lies?

I hope you're including people such as Ted Nugent and Toby Keith as well. Don't forget, both Arnold and Ronnie were big Hollywood stars.

I love the Nooge. But, he is still someone that has money to gain when his name is thrown out into the media.

As for listening to MSM instead? really

I say find the facts for yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nahh every time I hear " rally round the family with a pocket full of shells".. bulls on parade.. I feel like fighting or pulling slow drivers out through their windows and slapping them.. DOnt play RATM to them.

www.youtube.com...

If you wanna kill them, or induce suicide.. or generally torture them : play RIco SUave.. or any rap IMO. If you click the below to experience Rico SUave for yourself.. dont blame me for projectile vomiting and/or death.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Gotta love it when people try to make celebrities; whether movie, television, or music; sound important in any way. The reason why they are celebrities is because they are entertainers, like court jesters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are news reporters and political pundits any less entertainers than musicians and actors?

Do you really believe it makes a difference?

Everyone has their beliefs, and when given a voice they will usually express that opinion. You are posting your opinion here on ATS, are you not?

Instead of resorting to attacking the messenger, take time to listen to what he might have to say.

Yeah, I actually don't know if I agree with everything he said here, but for the most part he does seem to have a pretty good idea of what's going on, and he is a heck of a lot more candid than the media shills, as you alluded to.

Even if one doesn't subscribe to media figures speaking out, the bottom line is they DO have a large audience listening to them, so I will take someone like this speaking up against criminality and barbarisms over media and gov talking heads spewing their propaganda any day. heh

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Nahh every time I hear " rally round the family with a pocket full of shells".. bulls on parade.. I feel like fighting or pulling slow drivers out through their windows and slapping them.. DOnt play RATM to them.

I think your taking the song the wrong way! just my opinion though.
The song"bulls on parade" is about War , the Propaganda and government negativity inciting violence,while gathering support through lies!!

edit on 16-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It doesnt make the more right and wrong, but when you beleive in something like this its your duty to use your airtime to express how you feel.

Celebs and musicians are no smarter than us.. they just reach a larger audience.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Originally posted by Advantage

I think your taking the song the wrong way! just my opinion though.
The song"bulls on parade" is about War , the Propaganda and government negativity inciting violence,while gathering support through lies!!

edit on 16-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

I know what its about.. still makes me feel that way though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So our government used anti-government music as a torture technique? That is pro.

And a big slap in the face to RATM. Lol. I can see why Tom M. is pissed lol.

You know what would be even funnier than Bush officials having to listen to RATM for 72 hours?
RATM having to listen to their own music for 72 hours haha.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

do you know any thing about Ronald W. Reagan?the "POTUS" before Bush Sr. and after Jimmy Carter, look up his back ground, and i mean before he was Ca's gov. 19 40' 1950's see "bedtime for bonzo"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

What if something you created was used to torture people?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by macman

do you know any thing about Ronald W. Reagan?the "POTUS" before Bush Sr. and after Jimmy Carter, look up his back ground, and i mean before he was Ca's gov. 19 40' 1950's see "bedtime for bonzo"

Still not following this. That is all well and good for them. Politicians are no more of an expert then you or I.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
reply to post by macman

What if something you created was used to torture people?

So what if I had?
He is peddling his music for supposed "torture". Then bitches about the Govt and how they are wrong. Kind of like a fart telling poop that it stinks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Rock star hopes his music is blasted at Bush officials in jail

www.rawstory.com

An American rock musician and human rights activist is still holding out for the Bush administration to receive some justice, including that of the poetic variety.

"[H]opefully in the not-too-distant future, when the war criminals of the Bush administration are brought to trial and are one day wearing their yellow jumpsuits and black hoods, it'll be the music of Rage Against the Machine that is pumped into their cells 24 hours a day," Tom Morello, the lead guitarist of Rage Against The Machine, said in a recent interview.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Better yet,let's do this for ALL politicians, regardless of administration and/or political party affiliation, that end up behind bars for crimes against humanity and against THE PEOPLE of the US.

I truly love the way that everyone blames the Bush administration for the currrent situation in the US and its' world relationships.

Look at history! The crimes that you base on the Bush administration are the same that have been happening with EVERY administration since the start of the US: Lies, cheating, stealing, etc., etc., etc. The SAME THING that is going on with the Obama administration.

It isn't any particular Party OR Administration causing our woes. It is the government that we have been forced to know and accept over the years.

Get off of your soap-box and get a grip.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I LOVE RATM!!! Why is this construed as torture? OMG???

If It was me I would have been just a moshing in my cell lol!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

More Bush Derangement Syndrome on display. I wonder if this stalwart of the liberal brain trust is going to renounce all the violent rhetoric coming out of the left and plain as day on tv and radio interviews..

/should I wait long?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phusionsa

Actually, he DID mention the Obusha administration carrying on 'illegal wars' and refusing to close down the torture prison in Guantanamo, that was USED to blare his music. lol.

But I do actually think he could have been just as direct with calling Barack a war criminal as well, for carrying on all the same criminality that the Dumbya cabal did. He has been Bush's third term.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would also like to add: IF they really wanna torture them they should have played Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars or Ke$ha for 72 hours straight. I swear if I had to deal with that I'd either wanna spill my beans and confess to whatever or I would take their firearm and commit suicide!!!!!!!

Don't beleive me? Listen for yourself:

Or anything by Taylor Swift too!!! ACK!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I want to see the PIF receipt that the Government paid for the music it uses/used.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the music is being pirated.

"Furthermore Judy, I think the four of them habitually smoke marijuana cigarettes; reefer."

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Isn't RATM a member of the RIAA?

Isn't that supreme irony?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, being an old-school RATM fan, I'm seriously surprised that Zach and Tom are still alive. I thought they'd be dead around the Evil Empire-era. But maybe that'd been too obvious.

Rage just may be one of the most influential political bands of our times with Public Enemy. We need bands like that, spreading the message. I hope they get even bigger fanbase. All the best for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
His father was the first Kenyan Ambassador the the U.S. His uncle Jomo Kenyatta was the first elected president of Kenya. Tom graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of arts degree in Political Science. So unless your neighbors are Harvard grads then I would LISTEN to what he has to say.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join