It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Astronauts be worried?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
With Gifford's husband, Mark Kelly, being distracted from his duty of commander for the final scheduled flight of NASA's space shuttle program, and the most recent astronaut hurt in bicycle accident, should they be worried that something is up? Or is it just a coincidence?

NASA: Astronaut hurt in bicycle accident
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – NASA officials say an astronaut who had been slated for a spacewalk on the upcoming shuttle mission has been hurt in a bicycle accident.

The space agency said in a release late Saturday that Tim Kopra will be OK. But officials are still evaluating if he'll be able to perform his duties when the shuttle Discovery launches to the International Space Station on Feb. 24.

news.yahoo.com...

I really don't believe in coincidences though.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yeah. Add to those things the nut woman astronaut caught wearing the diaper that stalked her male astronaut lover and was gonna kill him.

NASA's Lisa Nowak - stalker and potential murderer

I've always thought there was something up with the NASA manned space program and the folks they train to be the "spam in the can."

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Actually, they need to be far more concerned about the odds of a failure of the shuttle itself than more mundane accidents and events.

Most people have no clue, but the odds are that there is about a one in 65 chance that the mission will fail. An official statistical study from one source also indicates that just such a failure is over due.

I vote to cancel both scheduled missions and retire the craft before we loss another crew and suffer and even further national disgrace on the heels of the earlier two.

When the triangles are revealed in their flull glory before too long, I wish to see an international tribunal to investigate why the US promoted this outrageous method of transportation when we have long had a far better, secret means of getting into space...if not further.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

If you hadn't reminded me of Lisa Nowalk I would have said the two other incidents were most likely coinsidence, whewww. They didn't give much detail about the bicycle accident - if we knew that it would give more light on discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've been wondering why they keep pushing the last launch of Discovery back. I know the official reasons, but something doesn't sit right.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
do you ever wonder if nasa is even relevent anymore? Considering the fact that there are so many secret military bases anymore

top topics

join