It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay i just watched 'The Fourth Kind' and it was very good!

It's a fact-based thriller involving an ongoing unsolved mystery in Alaska, where one town has seen an extraordinary number of unexplained disappearances during the past 40 years.

Those who like aliens this is the film for you! I seriously recommend this film!

Although there is not much footage of actual events the footage is out of this world.....

Trailer:

edit on 16/1/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It was a good movie
But, the movie is a hoax. there is no footage, etc...its all just an illusion. like that paranormal entity or whatever it was...all bull.

But certainly worth the watch. If anything, to see Mila

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
It was a good movie
But, the movie is a hoax.

It was an amazing movie, all up until I started looking up it's claims online and found out it was a hoax. I was so disappointed and upset after learning it was a hoax. Like having something ripped away from you and then stab you right through the heart.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
HOAX!
that's annoyed me!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
HOAX!
that's annoyed me!

Why? The movie was good, no?

If you want proper evidence, you cannot look to box office hits for it..there are many documentrys and investigations out there about this subject. Sadly, there is no actual conclusive evidence as of yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have seen the movie and could sleep few night. I woke up one night right at 3:33, creepy

you sure it was a hoax?

I have seen the paranormal activity as well, that was a hoax, but pretty scary.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry, wanted to say ,,couldnt sleep,,

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The WHOLE movie is a lie.

The movie studio was even sued by people of the real Nome, Alaska for their lies.

The doctor was made up as was her so called site.

ALL of it was fake.

Personally I thought it sucked....never saw a single alien...lame

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
HOAX But bloody terrifying,i couldn't sleep for about two nights after!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I do not watch movies made after 2002.

So i doubt i missed much in all these new films.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why 2002? if you dont mind me asking!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
why are people calling this movie a hoax? It's science fiction movie structured the same way as many others (Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, etc), and it utilizes these techniques to create tone. It's not a hoax, it's just a movie derived from someones creativity. They weren't trying to fool anyone, see that all actors are recognizable and can be found on IMDB, including the "actual" footage actors. So, it's not a HOAX, it's a film. Good thing Captain Obvious saved the day.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
IMO there is more fact than fiction in the movie. There are many interesting events around ancient Sumerian culture. The experiences of the abductees is similar, but on the extreme side of many other studies into this phenomenon. If you do accept there is more to UFO's than swamp gas then a big dark world of cover ups and scandalous behaviour starts to surface. Just because the producers made a retraction into the legitimacy of the movie does not mean there was no cohesive pressure applied. Something is going on, that is for certain.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LipanConjuring86
why are people calling this movie a hoax? It's science fiction movie structured the same way as many others (Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, etc), and it utilizes these techniques to create tone. It's not a hoax, it's just a movie derived from someones creativity. They weren't trying to fool anyone, see that all actors are recognizable and can be found on IMDB, including the "actual" footage actors. So, it's not a HOAX, it's a film. Good thing Captain Obvious saved the day.

The reason people are calling this a hoax, is that the movie attempts to portray itself as fact.

In the beginning of the movie Jovonovich (spelling), said that some of the footage is real from case files from Nome, Alaska.

They definitely attempted to make it seem real, which is why people are crying hoax.

Good movie, I liked it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeah i have to agree with other posters...

Although when i first watched it i thought there was some truth or background to it, i have since found that that even the ''real footage'' was simulated sadly.

Although i have to say it was an awesome movie and gave me chills.... I especially liked the Owl reference, comparing that to the supposed NRO ( National Recon Office ) and it's year 2000 emblem:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c53bcc13c87.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c424909c3419.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a93dafaffc22.jpg[/atsimg]

Links:

www.nro.gov... - Vigilance from above

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffe67e292019.jpg[/atsimg]

Kinda Spooky if you ask me.....

edit on 17-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I liked this movie, and it does lead you on that it's true, like Blair Witch, and even though when I realized it wasn't true, I still liked it. Many movies are "fake" true movies. It's a movie making ploy, and I think it was done pretty well. It creeped me out.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly

fact-based thriller

This is a technique used by the movie industry to make potential viewers believe that what they're seeing is, in fact, a replication of a real event. But 9 times out of 10, its complete crap.
Just because I say the sky is green doesn't make it so. Just because its announced in a trailer that the movie is "based on real events" doesn't mean it truely is.

I'm not by any means bashing people who truely belive that what's portrayed in movies is real. But I just know to take anything Hollywood related with a grain of salt.

That being said, I love watching movies like Paranormal Activity and believing [just for the duration of the movie] that everything I'm seeing is real. Its a fantastic ride of fear and uncertainty, and makes the movies more enjoyable. I haven't actually seen The Fourth Kind, I've actually been a little scared to watch it by myself [my family members have no patience for this genre of films] but once I drugde up the courage I'm totally going to watch this....all the while having all the lights on and clutching my 80lb dog

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
man im so glad i watched the movie b4 i found out it was fake. i watch alot of horror, and i mean ALOT, and i don't get too scared. i love the horror genre though because its awesome. but for some reason alien movies scare the living hell outta me. and i nearly pooped my pants when i saw this. i had to sleep with my firearm fully loaded under my bed.

even though i know its fake now, it was still a great ride.
edit on 21-3-2011 by mvirata because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
is the movie a hoax? bummer I watched it and even tried finding out about this ancient alien language lol =(

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justanotherone

its fiction but loosely based on some reality. there are millions of cases regarding abductions. but the actual story and people in the movie are NOT real. the ancient language is based off of the sumerian language, which of course, IS real. you could Bing Sumeria and youll get get plenty of information regarding it. or search it here on ATS and youll find out all the different angles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join