It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus attacking Irans nuclear efforts is isreali....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Suspicions confirmed deepartment.....
The NY times says so....

www.israeltoday.co.il...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What i want to know now, is how this plays out with other type of cyber operations.......
In other words.....IS THERE A VIRTUAL SILENT WAR RAGING IN CYBER SPACE?
How extensive is the Chinese infiltration of American and other countries research and developement cyber nets?
The next stage of course would be, how much has the cyber infrastructure been penetrated?AND WHO BY?
It looks to me like this is a ripe area for weaker militarily, but reasonably educated,countries to explore with an eye to causing distress or even disruption of all kinds of vital functions, and processes of goverment and civil life.
There is all kinds of talk, about cyber threats, to national security, or such,but how about economic and industrial sabotage of all kinds possible through the computer savvey?
Do you realisically suppose that there wouldnt be all kinds of islamic braain power intent on doing a similar thing to our free world computer systems?
Anyways, the public knowledge of who is responsible, and what they were doing creating this worm,is TANNAMOUNT TO A DECLARATION OF CYBER WAR?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

In short yes! Here are some links:

www.federalnewsradio.com...

www.google.com...

www.iqpc.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Good basic information there, thanks.
There are certainly many differnet people working on this subject.
Both for attack, and defence against such attacks.
What would be very handy to know would be what the world has already seen in the way of such things.
I amm thinking of the Suxtnet worm and other type of attacks perpetrated against other countries by intelligence or criminal enterprises.
The actual action taking place on the net, today, we would consider to be cyber warfare.
Surely there must be a plethora of methods of attack. as well as ways to rob us of our cyber cash.....
More info on the technical aspects and their results would be nice to get our hands on....
maybe wikileaks will have something on this a little later on.....heheheh

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Agreed stirling.

Seems a whole new can of worms is being opened.

European digital security company Kaspersky Labs

"Stuxnet is a working and fearsome prototype of a cyber-weapon that will lead to the creation of a new arms race in the world," it said in a statement about the virus which attacks Siemens AG's widely used industrial control systems.

Source^
www.reuters.com...

I know wikipedia is scoffed at by several online communities i am a part of and since i am new to this one i dare post this but it has several valid links stemming from it.

Stuxnet - Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This suxtnet worm has the capability to evolve somehow....whats to stop it from burying itself so deep it cannot be erased without destrying the system?
How hard could it be to develope such a thing?
And when will we begin to experience the second slavo in this war?
the one where iran strikes back?

new topics

top topics

join