It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Pan-STARRS) Telescope Searching outer reaches of kuiper belt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

In the outer reaches of our solar system lies a mysterious region far more remote and difficult to explore than the Australian outback. It remains the only part of our solar system not visited by spacecraft. Called the Kuiper Belt, this area beyond Neptune is home to the dwarf planets Pluto, Eris, Makemake, and Haumea. It also harbors thousands of smaller objects that form a second, icy asteroid belt (or more appropriately, comet belt). In this realm of perpetual twilight, the distant sun looks like just another bright star.

Source

Images of Kuiper Belt:

Kuiper Belt Information

Absolutely fascinating,I wait eagerly for more information & Photos
Now if only they would release some good photos of all the space ships hanging out in the Oort cloud we would all set!

edit on 16-1-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I really miss Pluto. Growing up and going through school and learning about it, then having it taken away, I get a weird feeling when I think of it now...Nostalgia.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I really miss Pluto. Growing up and going through school and learning about it, then having it taken away, I get a weird feeling when I think of it now...Nostalgia.

I remember when i used to be really into nostalgia...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is a link to (Pan-starrs)PS1 site for more information if anyone is interested
Pan-Starrs

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Other key projects underway by PS-1 :
Project's
Inner Solar System

new topics

top topics

join