It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds are now singing at night!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There has always been the odd (no pun intended) Mockingbird or dove singing at night for as long as I can remember. Grackles, who like to assemble, en masse, in grocery store, mall, or big box store parking lots "after hours" are usually *real* noisy, but then, there's a lot of light.

Our birds have been terribly quiet with only a few exceptions. I thought I heard one of my favorite transients today- those red winged blackbirds. I hope so!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
LOL! I assumed this was an old thread resurected .....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's spring. Birds start singing more. Been happening for millions of years. Get used to it!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I live here in central Alabama (USA) and have notice the birds sing here all night long! I live out in the country where there is no street lights or any city lights to bounce off any clouds in the area either. I also live down a side road that does not get any travel at night so no car noise is the cause either! I only have two neighbors near me and neither have any cats nor any wild cats in the area. It gets really dark at night (except during full moon) and I have lived here most of my life and have never heard them sing at night before. Could this be a sign of magnetic field changes?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Something I have picked up on since being a member of ATS, we ARE observant about things such as night singing birds, lol!

I think I started a thread myself about this, or possibly commented on someone else's thread a few years ago, anyway the subject had come up before. I noticed them singing at night ( I work 3rd) and thought there was bound to be something evil going on here. Oh well it is several years later and the birds do sing at night all the time. Apparently it is not evil at all.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This spring I have been particularly bothered by very loud birds singing all night long. Well I've heard them start up around 12:30 or 1:30 AM. I have been blaming springtime and a bright street light that some neighbors put up behind their houses a few years ago. I just don't remember the birds starting to sing so loud so early in the morning. I've been using ear plugs to sleep at night and I don't sleep good if they fall out. The last two nights the loud birds flew farther away so it was much quieter. I slept much better. I'm crossing my fingers that they stay away. Some people in my area have been complaining about the loud cicadas. They can sound like a broken and humming air conditioning system. That's nothing compared to a bunch of noisy birds chirping super loud almost as if they were in your house all night long. I guess it's possible that there is so much light pollution at night in some areas that birds are singing at night in lots of locations. It makes sense to me. That's what happens when someone decides to put up too many bright lights that stay on all night long.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I live in Westfield, Mass and I have been hearing it for the past week maybe. I'd say at least 5 days. I wake up often at night because I have a lot of trouble sleeping and I noticed this morning they were out at 2:30 am!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I also forgot to mention, does anyone think this may have something to do with an earthquake, or perhaps, maybe something worse? I have my own theories, I think maybe this part of the world is going to break off from the warmer parts. Like it's been cold and rainy hear for a straight week but it's like 100 degrees in Carolina where I'm actually from. What is up with the weird weather?? Plus the tornados in James City, NC and Springfield, MA?? This is too weird and I don't like it one bit.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Glad I found this thread, I hear birds singing when I go over and sleep at my friends house Saturday night here in Old Town Alexandria, VA They start to sing at 2:00am and till 3am I go sleep. Now is really hot and summer weather here. I didn't notice this in the winter. Not sure is related to anything.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
North of Pittsburgh, 2 am May 26th. Birds that are normally active in the morning are active now. I do not know the species, but I recognize the sounds. Multiple birds, both individual birds and various species, are making noise at this hour with a variety of different calls. I would describe it as a din of chattering. This is the first night that I noticed this behavior. The nearest storm is two states away. It is dark out and overcast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join