It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking causes gene damage in minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Cigarettes are freakin awesome, they make me happy, and I think they are delicious.

I have been smoking for over 15 yrs. and I can still run 3 miles in 20 mins.

How many of you asthmatic non-smokers can do that?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've just remember the fact that my great granddad smoked all his life and he lived till he was 91, as did others in my family (so I've been told). Maybe not everyone is as susceptible to the damage from smoking

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I wish I could give you 2 stars for that one!

The more I read the more I'm concluding that the anti smoking campaigns are indeed a dishonest conspiracy from "The Medical Establishment" in some sort of scam to increase profits.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Smoking is a putrid disgusting habit.

I hate it with every bone in my body.

I wish I could muster up the strength to quit.

OK... I'll make a deal with you. If we are all still here and alive, December 22. 2012,
we'll both quit.

Count me in on this as well. Here's to quitting! Or the world ending. Either way, we quit!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Ok everyone, I'm off to go mutate some genes right now.
I'll let everyone know how i'm feeling when I get back.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Thank you Jinglelord - yes there are literally billions of dollars involved in the anti-smoking campaigns and there are lots and lots of diseases that on the increase as a result. Meanwhile the one disease that they told us had the strongest association with smoking, lung cancer, has been on the increase and never slowed down a whit despite the massive decrease in the smoking rate of the population that started 36 years ago!

And lets not even talk about tobacco smoke is sticky and traps viruses and bacteria from the air - thus cleansing the air and protecting people from disease.

To put this junk science study into perspective....Lets say that I were to add pure arsenic to turkey (turkey contains trace amounts of arsenic naturally), feed it to some lab rats, record their deaths and then tell people that this proves that turkey is poisonous and should be banned immediately.

Of course - I would be careful not to let people know that I am a pork producer and have a vested interest in turning people away from eating turkey and onto pork! I only funded this study out of pure motives for the health benefits of pork and to strike a blow against the evil lying turkey producing empire!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I just did that myself and you know... I think I feel an extra limb sprouting from my spleen. Hopefully it's an extra hand I can sure use another one.

** Not off topic, illustrating absurdity of claims **

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Ok back...

Too cold to spend too much time out there...
only a little gene mutation.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Another additional point I haven't seen brought up but I think is valid, especially after reading many of these posts. How much stress is caused by people wanting to quit? How much "Smoking related illness" can really be attributed to stress? This is a self fulfilling prophecy. They don't have a pill yet to reduce stress... no wait they do! And the use of this toxic mind altering pill has gone through the roof.

Maybe this needs a new thread dedicated to the possibility that anti smoking propaganda is indeed a part of a greater dishonest plan... Who is perpetrating it? Why is it being perpetrated? How can we stop them!?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I smoked for over 15 years and quit in less than 10 days using this little blue pill called Chantix.

While I absolutely despise pharma of any kind and never promote it for anything, I watched my mother and father-in-law, wife and her brother all quit in less than a month using it. I tried it, and it took me less than 10 days. It's the only thing I've seen with such a high effectiveness. The best way I can explain it is that it "shuts off" the brain to the nicotine. Nicotine causes your brain to ignore the burning in your throat and lungs when you smoke so you don't feel the damage being done. It's like a pain killer of sorts. When you take this little blue pill, it shuts off that receptor and all of a sudden, you start to taste how disgusting it really is and feel it burning your lungs and throat and bother your stomach, etc. So, psychologically, you start convincing YOURSELF that you don't like the way it feels anymore, and you just stop because every time you pick one up, it gets worse as your brain continues to ignore the nicotine response. I have to say, pretty amazing in a way.

It might not work for everyone, but it worked for our whole family and we are all proud and happy to be smoke free, as well as our children. You also have to WANT to quit smoking and find alternatives to stimulate the use of your hands or mouth. Gum, holding a pencil, writing, reading, etc. It took about a year for my immune system and body to get back to "normal" and rid itself of all of the toxins from 15+ years of smoking, but wow, what an incredible difference. When I pull out old boxes that were in the house and covered in nicotine, tinged yellow, I cringe at the smell and can't believe I smelled that way. The tobacco companies sure got their money's worth from us.... $150 a week to previously support our household smoking habit, and now that goes to organic food and vitamins.

Good luck! It certainly isn't easy, no matter how you look at it, but you'll be happier and healthier once you quit.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And this stuff is still fully legal and available on every street corner, while things like vitamins and herbs are being yanked off shelves daily, in the name of 'safety'.

Why?

Is it just that the tobacco lobby is rich and powerful? ...and because Big Pharma does not (yet) control the 'supplement industry'?

Is it ALL about money, profit and power? Public health and good be damned?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Now that Global Warming has been proven to be a hoax, the junk scientists had to move on to other things.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
KEEP THEM LEGAL.

1.Good the people that are dumb enough to smoke them are not doing this planet any good, let them die.

2. Its a choice, any drug being marked illegal is un American. All drugs need to be legal. No more gangs profiting off of it, no more killings over it.

Yes that Einstein (who was rarely seen not smoking) was famous for how dumb he was... oh wait,.. well what would i know.. i am a smoker.. its all to confusing. duh!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

If you really wanted to quit smoking - then I congratulate you on your success. However, if you are going to recommend Champix to anyone, then you really should warn them about the very very serious side effects. Champix now comes with a black box warning. See the link:

www.news-medical.net...

There have been suicides as well as murders related to Champix. You see- despite the pseudo-science explanation of how Champix works (ie blocks the nicotene receptors in the brain and stops you from experiencing the pleasure of smoking), there fact is that there is NO separate nicotene recepters in the brain. What they are talking about is dopamine receptors. Dopamine is released whenever a human being experiences pleasure of any kind. With the dopamine receptors blocked by Champix - the person taking the drug experiences less pleasure and develops a chemically induced depression and in some people that could lead to psychotic episodes.

however, the fact that Big Pharma developed such a drug is proof of the fact that smokers experience pleasure when they smoke. This puts paid to the lie that smokers smoke out of addiction and not because they experience any pleasure.

BTW - there are something like over 50 million north americans who quit smoking just because they wanted to and without any of Big Pharma's "help". Cold turkey has a 56 % success rate at quitting smoking. Gums, patches and champix have only a 2% success rate.

But with the media blaring the news that smokers are addicts - its very difficult to convince someone that they don't need any help to quit smoking. All they have to do is make up their mind that quitting is what they really want to do. Smokers are human beings after all and it is very difficult for any human being to decide to forego something they find pleasurable.

For any non-smokers out there - check this out - try quitting drinking coffee and you will experience the exact same urges and feelings as a smoker who is supposedly addicted to smoking.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am glad i never smoked even once. I was ridiculed at school for thinking these things where disgusting.

Today they are being replaced by the mobile phone which is more potent weapon of the ptb to control.

Cigs absolutely disgusting things and good riddance.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

LOL Jingelord

I have been trying to bring this to peoples attention for about 5 years now. I had to read so many studies for about three years before I finally made up my mind about how badly the anti-smokers and public health are lying and just exactly why!

Did you hear the latest headline study - the one where they claim that the children of smokers have higher blood pressure than the children of non-smokers?

here is a link to a very famous anti-smoker discussing it - well worth the read

tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com...

anyway - the study pretended that a difference of only 1 mm hg difference in blood pressure readings was "significant". LOL - digital blood pressure cuffs are only accurate down to 3 mmg hg and further blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day. Those kids would have had higher blood pressure if someone had just walked up behind them and shouted "BOO"!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Sorry Carseller4 - the anti-smoking pseudo-science far far precedes the global warming issue. It goes back to Nazi Germany and Hitler!

As a matter of fact - the marketing of global warming as a thing to be feared and population must do as instructed by government is based on marketing techniques used in anti-smoking. So is the anti-obesity scam, the anti-drinking scam etc etc etc.

All of them are trying really really hard to be the next "tobacco control" issue.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

And this stuff is still fully legal and available on every street corner, while things like vitamins and herbs are being yanked off shelves daily, in the name of 'safety'.

Well said, this is ridiculous.

Ok, please provide me a list of herbs and vitamins that have been yanked off the shelves. Ill go to my store and find them....I'm tired of hearing this false argument. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
edit on 16-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i would give up cigarettes bit i ain't no quitter

on a serious note nobody has the right to tell me to quit i smoke rolling tobacco without filters and i am still fitter than all my non-smoking mates the only thing that is starting to slow me down is age, don't get me wrong i won't smoke around non-smokers houses and understand around food because people maybe not like the smell but how about you all stop driving with all those fumes and then ill quit smoking

(ps. i love smoking especially that one first thing in the morning and the amout of occasions i have got annoyed at someone enough to inflict harm i step outside and have a cigarettes and calm down therefore it proves cigarettes can keep you out of prison

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

LOL Jingelord

I have been trying to bring this to peoples attention for about 5 years now. I had to read so many studies for about three years before I finally made up my mind about how badly the anti-smokers and public health are lying and just exactly why!

Did you hear the latest headline study - the one where they claim that the children of smokers have higher blood pressure than the children of non-smokers?

Wow! and this isn't really surprising but I'm glad some people are taking notice.

When my daughter was born the doctors all gave me the riot act to stop smoking. I don't smoke in the house or expose her to any second hand smoke (just in case) but the doctors insisted that she could still be a victim of 3rd hand smoke (I couldn't make this up if I tried) and I better stop. I had to ask what third hand smoke is!? Apparently its the residue of smoking on my clothing which could cause "serious" health problems... I'm an open minded person but using this logic and taking into account the myriad of more dangerous cleaning chemicals used in the hospital alone it's too late for us all.

I offer to cigarette to anyone who suggests I quit. I suggest they start.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join