It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone seems to be on the humour/cynic wagon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Honestly, I appreciate a bit of humour. It lightens up the usually dark mood on ATS but seriously... Does every other comment on a thread have to be a bad joke?

Its getting out of hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I think it is a coping method and reflex for many. With so many things happening at once in the world, the old adage remains true...laughter is the best medicine. BUT. I agree that it detracts from the discussion and the serious nature of many threads.
edit on 1/15/11 by staciebee because: typos

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Seeing that I wrote an entire thread today about bacon... All I can say is...

No comment.

~Heff

(Seriously - I tend to joke on BTS and to do so much less on ATS)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Personally, I'm a cynic; it's how i make sense of things.

But I usually try to expand on my cynicism in a more serious, constructive way, to more positively further the discussion.

I think.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it depends on the Topic there Pal .......

If someone wants to use ATS as platform to Troll or post delusions and nonsense, ..... then I might use their thread to entertain myself WHILE staying on topic and being relevant.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i dont mind the humour so much .... the cynicism does sometimes feel a bit much.
i know i may not have been a member long, i have been a long time lurker

a whole post on bacon huh? ... sound delicious

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Did ya hear the one about the guy who asked his wife why she put talcum powder in his underwear? She said " Honey...that's not talcum powder....that's Miracle Gro!"
(groan)

Geez...some people just can't waste any opportunity to share a quick chuckle. Proving, without a doubt that the OP is highly observant and completely justified in his claims.

BACON - Canada's secret weapon

Gotcha!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: adding the bacon stuff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Desperate humor, like "Look at the pretty chemtrails, beautiful the way the gridlock reflects off the sun, isn't it?"

Well. I can't shoot them down. And there is a giant information gap in my town, so the only way for me to express it is through humor.

Informative humor is great. But to make a mockery of an issue is the easiest way to deny it's importance.
edit on 15-1-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

I think it is a coping method and reflex for many. With so many things happening at once in the world, the old adage remains true...laughter is the best medicine.

Yup, that's the first part. Part deux, some people laugh at and deride things they don't understand. Thirdly, it is an excellent disinfo technique to ridicule and derail certain threads or lines of thinking.

top topics

join