It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding/ Searching Old Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have spent hours and hours trying to search for old threads on this forum, I know they are there but I always seem to end up at a dead end which is very frustrating

See most Forum topics have been discussed before some are 5 years old or more and there is some absolute gold in these threads made by the ol time posters, most no longer post

So I think I have found away to refine your search and make it a bit easier

I always use Google and 9 times out of 10 after reading a few pages or even the first page if you are lucky it always directs you back to Above Top Secrete

So use the advanced search in your search engine, Type in the thread or something that you think it would be titled, that then type in search ATS, more info you can give the better the chances

I am not saying this is the bees knees but it is definitely better then search function on here

I hope this helps the people that wish to research old threads

Take care

Wal

Ps I hope this hasn't been posted before
I didn't search it

edit on 15-1-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

what kidn of threads are you looking for generally?
I have nevr found it hard to find anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Just in general youdidntseeme, especially the old threads they dont seem to come up, especially if you think a thread hasnt been posted before.

Wal

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Ok here is a thread I was looking for

The Solomon Island Giants,

Type that in here. the title actual came from the guy wore swears these are real, so copied and past it in the search on ATS , everyone try it. see what you come up with

then if you wish you can change it around a bit like Solomon Giants, you may get a hit, then type in Solomon Island Giants and you will get a few more
I cant remember what I typed in originally but i got 2 pages of content about these giants some going back to 2004

But then this is the clincher for me, type in The Solomon Island Giants same one I started with here into Google and see what comes up, just about all are from ATS well that's what it is for me, your computer maybe different

I just find it easier and quicker then searching on here, especially if you go advanced search

oh and i don't believe in the Giants
I was actually reading up on the supposed ufo bases found on the same island

and if there is a really good searcher on here can you please find the original thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com... apperantly it was made by Internos, i couldnt find it nor could easynow cheers

Wal

top topics

join