It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Recall for McNeil OTC Products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Another Recall for McNeil OTC Products

www.medpagetoday.com

Included in the recall are 37 different types of McNeil's Tylenol brand of acetaminophen-based products, six varieties of diphenhydramine-containing Benadryl medications, 10 types of Sudafed (pseudoephedrine), and 24-count packages of Sinutab (acetaminophen and phenylephrine) coated tablets.

Specific types of products and lot numbers are posted at a website McNeil set up last year to cope with what has become a steady string of recalls for such problems as musty odors, particle contamination, and paperwork deficiencies.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another recall, and no adverse action taken. These types of recalls are difficult, because no one will hear about it, and it's already in the medicine cabinets waiting to be used by countless people.

How do we continue to go to these dealers for medications that more often than not cause more harm than good?

I learned the hard way, as my liver is damaged due to Tylenol, which was taken as prescribed by my doctors. Good luck getting that same doctor to admit that is the reason, instead they are "clueless" as to why my liver is damaged.

www.medpagetoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well.. I think it's a bit more than just the chemicals we poison ourselves with when we're sick.

I just got over a nasty ENT congestion/cold.. thankfully I used Advil Cold and Sinus and Day/NyQuil... and wine.

It's the cheap manufacturing and packaging standards these companies use.
edit on 15-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Didn't Tylenol build a $12M Tylenol manufacturing plant in China a few years back? Maybe this "recall" is to get this plant shut down permanently. Wouldn't surprise me either if they were getting products actually made in China and repackaging them.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
maybe it's a combination working synergistically to mess you up.

Like the Joker did in the 1st Batman movie.

Definitely agree that shoddy production standards are involved.
Trying to squeeze a few more profits by lowering costs sure is costly

oh wait, if these recalls are under the radar, how is one to know who/what messed you up?

perhaps after the poisoned pills scare [was that Tylenol too?] years ago lobbyists got to work
and this is the result.

S&F for the alert

top topics

join