It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction/Visitation: Induction of Sleep Paralysis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

My wife is about to start taking Cymbalta to try and help her with Fibromyalgia pain. It is supposed to relieve her stress and restore her natural sleep patterns. She will be taking Cymbalta in the morning and Neurontin at night. Do you have any issues with the Cymbalta or does it seem to help?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

A scary case of Sleep Paralysis brought me to ATS many months ago. Through trial and error I've figured out ways to induce it, at least with me. Basically, I go to sleep with little or no alcohol or caffeine, laying flat on my back. I usually cross one leg underneath the straight leg (what I think of as Templar style as it reminds me of the skeletons on a few Templar flags with one leg crossed) then I keep my hands folded or together on my chest above my heart. Close the eyes and CLEAR THE MIND. Just let the mind drift and try and feel the cord. My problem is I always end up actively thinking 'rationally' about what is happening to me and then the cord breaks. But, I've climbed it pretty far and some times it feels like a scene out of one of these abduction stories. I've felt physicality that never actually happens. But it's real, then it's gone. Then I just go to sleep.

I've recently read Graham Hancock's Supernatural and a lot of that fit with what was/is going on with me. Maybe a surplus of '___'? I do feel now that there is a force out there that we can't begin to imagine. It's trying to say hello...or something.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Pimander
And you have proven nothing. Therefore I can only conclude that your claim that that abductions are ALL a mental construction is nothing but an assertion and hearsay. Why don't you gather some evidence, as I have, then come back with your proof?
(snip)

You haven't really gathered any evidence, what you have gathered are reports which is another word for hearsay. Besides, I'm not making claims that I have to support. I'm questioning such claims therefore the onus is on the claimant to support such claims with real evidence. And enough scholars have reported that like it was said in "YELLOW SUBMARINE", "It's all in the mind".

What the hell are you on about? Witness reports are evidence (though obviously not conclusive on their own). Articles and reports in journals are also what scientists review when surveying a topic. Every scientist doesn't start from scratch before undertaking a study. It is necessary that you start from where another researcher left off for progress to be made otherwise you just continually repeat the work of others.

"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~ Isaac Newton

If we do not progress then there is little point in research. This is one of the fundamental problems with fields like UFOlogy.

I did clearly state that I was briefly reviewing the topic to be fair. I then just added an idea to the mix (there are real methods for altering consciousness so it isn't just speculation). For real progress to be made we must sometimes stand on the shoulders of our proverbial giants. Maybe then we might make some breakthroughs and real progress.

I do completely understand your own and other peoples utter frustration with a lot of the rubbish posted on ATS (and at alternative conferences) in this type of field. However we should be allowed to make 'educated' speculations surely?

Finally I offer you this extract from an interview with Larry W. Bryant.

Future of UFOlogy?
UFOlogy's future lies in the extent of its ability to evaluate and capitalize upon its past and current achievements; to pose the right questions on pressing issues; and to organize its eternally limited resources logically and efficiently toward arriving at timely, comprehensive answers.The CUFON Interview

edit on 19/1/11 by Pimander because: added some

edit on 19/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

And you have proven nothing. Therefore I can only conclude that your claim that that abductions are ALL a mental construction is nothing but an assertion and hearsay. Why don't you gather some evidence, as I have, then come back with your proof?
(snip)

You haven't really gathered any evidence, what you have gathered are reports which is another word for hearsay. Besides, I'm not making claims that I have to support. I'm questioning such claims therefore the onus is on the claimant to support such claims with real evidence. And enough scholars have reported that like it was said in "YELLOW SUBMARINE", "It's all in the mind".

What the hell are you on about? Witness reports are evidence (though obviously not conclusive on their own).
(snip)

The thread title starts with "Alien Abduction/Visitation:..." and that's what I'm "...on about." And your sentence above states it succinctly. So far, all that exists are reports by people making claims that are not supported by evidence. So, anyone can say anything but acceptance of reports is not the same as supported by evidence. Besides, anyone long enough in this "game" knows how claims of alien abductions started and it was the media/Hollywood that did it. Look to them for answers. Look to reports by violent christians who claim Jesus/god told them to kill, to bomb abortion clinics, etc. It's all in the mind!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So far, all that exists are reports by people making claims that are not supported by evidence. So, anyone can say anything but acceptance of reports is not the same as supported by evidence. (snip)
It's all in the mind!

Really my thread was about the possibility of the exploitation of a physiological mechanism for abduction type scenarios. I really don't want to go over the ground of evidence of how 'real' it is. If it is physical evidence you want, there isn't a lot as I said in the OP. My point to you is that you claim the double standard of only who you try to debunk has to produce evidence - not you. NOT a scientific approach as it happens. Counter claims also require evidence unless they are to be seen as weak...

All I will say for now is that I don't believe what really happens is how modern abductees generally perceive it. However, it is possible that many of the modern cases are not "all in the mind."

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of America
I've recently read Graham Hancock's Supernatural and a lot of that fit with what was/is going on with me. Maybe a surplus of '___'? I do feel now that there is a force out there that we can't begin to imagine. It's trying to say hello...or something.

Yes, drugs are one of the examples of tools for induction of certain altered sleep (i.e. altered consciousness) states. Ketamine and '___' are especially interesting examples. Ketamine combined with hallucinogens like '___' can cause out of body experiences and near death experiences. Galantamine has been used to induce lucid dreaming which is one characteristic of the abduction scenario.
edit on 22/1/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So far, all that exists are reports by people making claims that are not supported by evidence. So, anyone can say anything but acceptance of reports is not the same as supported by evidence. (snip)
It's all in the mind!

Really my thread was about the possibility of the exploitation of a physiological mechanism for abduction type scenarios. I really don't want to go over the ground of evidence of how 'real' it is. If it is physical evidence you want, there isn't a lot as I said in the OP. My point to you is that you claim the double standard of only who you try to debunk has to produce evidence - not you. NOT a scientific approach as it happens. Counter claims also require evidence unless they are to be seen as weak...

All I will say for now is that I don't believe what really happens is how modern abductees generally perceive it. However, it is possible that many of the modern cases are not "all in the mind."

If you are not already familiar with this, you might find it interesting for your research:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I Have read your thread about sleep paralysis which is scary in itself. I experienced something for the second time last night . Which has compelled me to join ATS and post my experience.

It started a month ago whilst i was in bed with my husband. I had rolled over to go to sleep when not long after i heard a very stong signal coming from above. This was not a single high pitch frequency but a solid sound ( hard to describe) . I felt overwhelmed by the sound it encompassed my whole body. I then became aware of a blue white light atriangular shape over my body. At the same time i knew this wasn't good but i was then completely paralysed. I couldn't speak move make asound nothing.

After a few moments it stopped as sooon as it began. I did feel as though when it was happening that i was fighting against in a way. I told my husband of my experience and both agreed it was weird but really didn't think much more of it until last night!

Again i was awake in bed as i had been for a few hours couldn't sleep my husband was awake as well. Whilst trying to get back to sleep. I heard the same high frequency sound . Immediately i thought to myself here we go again!! I was once again paralysed same thing couldn't move or any other movement except for my big toe which was the only part of my body that was touching my husband. At the time of my encounter I also felt a wave of energy pass over me and also the sound that accompanied it. It was a deep wavelike sound like i was being scanned i could also see the wave of energy from the sound going over the bed and my body.

With my big toe the only free part of my body i concentrated moving it back and forth on my hiusbands leg to attract his attention. It did and he got up out of bed and went out of the room. Immediately after breaking the contact my head ached badly and i could small a strange burning smell. icouldn't tell where it was coming from but it was there.My head ached all night and still aches at this moment.

I am know worried that it can happen anytime and i feel quite vulnerable. I would appreciate any similar stories or any advice as i feel that my whole life has changed due to these 2 events

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
wonderful thread well thought out..Ive never had sleep paralysis and hope i never do it just sounds to darn scary1 it makes me want to go to bed with a flashlight

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Aliens have never abducted skeptics, only believers. How do "they" know who is a skeptic and who is a believer and why do they choose believers?

Not so fast, 'Shrike'. policeufo.com... It seems Kelly Cahill was a non-believer in UFOs. So here is at least one skeptic, or who was once a skeptic who claim to be abducted.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I've been dealing with reality for 72 years. Reality humors fantasy but the separation is solid. Of course, I'm talking about alien abductions of which I do not accept a single case as being as real as the sun "rising" every day. I question all claims and, so far, alleged alien abductions are that: alleged.

•An allegation (also called adduction) is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, which the party claims to be able to prove. Allegations remain assertions without proof, until they can be proved.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allege

Where's the proof? All you can supply is hearsay.
edit on 15-1-2011 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

According to whistleblowers (former Government offials, or former scientists, or former high ranking military persons who decide to break their secret sworn oath and reveal what they know about alien visitation, like for example Cliff Stone, Robert O. Dean www.youtube.com... and others) www.thewatcherfiles.com... www.exopolitics.org... a treaty was made with aliens to let them have alien bases on Earth (reports of some of the alien bases, links here phantomsandmonsters.wetpaint.com... Reports of alien base at the border between China and India www.bigbluetech.net... Reports of alien base at Lake Baikal, were some Soviet military-divers were killed by aliens while 4 others were seriously wounded in 1982 www.cavinessreport.com... www.alien-ufos.com... Reports of alien base near Puerto Rico, encounters with aliens, and two F-14s were reported kidnapped by a baseball field sized triangle shaped UFO, and these two F-14s and the 4 pilots were never seen again) and abduct humans ( www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... Over thousands of people from all over the world claim to be abducted by aliens, and Dr. Roger Leir have removed what he call 'Alien implants' from his patients (who claim to be abducted by aliens), and the tests of these socalled 'Alien implants' concluded to be of Extraterrestrial origin), and in return the humans learn some of the alien technology (according to rumors, aliens are teaching scientists and high ranking military personnel at 'Area 51').

In case you want to sneak into 'Area 51' you have to do it silently and unnoticed like a Ninja in the night. But i'm warning you, it could be dangerous if you get caught, because the MP's have a 'License to kill', as the signs show "WARNING! RESTRICTED AREA. USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED" www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-2-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am convinced that these 'attacks' are alien visitation, involving experiments

I look forward to in-depth conversations about this phenomenon, as I have been a 'victim' since childhood. As I read this thread, check out other blog sites, and interview live family and friends, we all are having the EXACT same symptoms..

inability to move
drowsiness (as if induced) before, during, or after, until it 'wears off'
strange sounds in the background can be heard ( like folks running around the house)
a physical sense that someone else is in the room

I've noticed that when I had my ex in bed with me, I'd ask him if he noticed anything at the time. He'd always say no.

But....

I think that the visitors induce any witnesses as not to alarm them.

Thoughts?????

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No, its happening to many, and some of us don't get sleep paralysis. The closest occurrence to this was during a procedure, which was a hijacked meditation, and because I knew what was going to occur, every inch of me wanted to turn around and head downstairs. But couldn't. Wasn't paralyzed but had to lie down, body did it anyway. And, it was a procedure that took over an hour, closer to two. Light pain/discomfort. Something went splat in the room. And I was splattered with something wet and reached up. My fingers connected to the wet, then instantly gone and no color. They do time splices. Also wet sticky went down my face into my ear and hair for this procedure. I knew what it was, but they didn't like the interference, so my arms were so heavy, couldn't move them.

I couldn't see those guys, but knew exactly where they were in the room.

I've seen others. Opened the door in the evening at around 7 30 ish onwards, and there was a pink colored (much like the roswell) grey at the door. Thats been two in my life aside from memories from dreams and abductions, and having an outline show up. Two solid ones. At 4 and last May 22, 2010. My son experienced missing time that night and I really interesting abduction dream.

Its been ongoing and lifelong.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
reply to post by getreadyalready

My never knew when it was happening and could wake me up also. I try to move and scream as hard as i can and I can't do it. I have to ride it out never time. How do you get out of it?

Unfortunately, you always have to 'ride them out'.

I've tried and tried....no one else nor yourself can end the episode.

I think its a anaesthetic that the visitors have given, and we are bale to move around when it wears off.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I feel ya!!

Mine have been life long also.

And that presence in the room that you feel is so CREEPY!!!!

We assume that we hallucinate, but I think we really see them; they just look so 'out-of-this-world that we figur it had to be a hallucination.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else on here, but I've never wanted to look at them during an episode...

Has anyone caught a close glimpse of one, and on purpose?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

They are small, like the rumours

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
And back to this subject somewhat: So you don't believe in abductions & such...does that mean you have no belief in a non-human consciousness existing in a dimension normally unseen by 'us' in this one?

Just running through this thread again and spotted this question. I didn't realise I never addressed this properly.

The only possible explanation for some phenomena appears to be consciousness is at the very least capable of interacting with something that conventional science is apparently unable to measure. The only way science has been able to measure that something so far is by measuring its effects on consciousness.

This explains all the so called paranormal data which requires an explanation that science is so far not able to provide.

NOTE: I deliberately stated that science has so far been only apparently unable to measure that illusive something. Perhaps science already can/has but cannot see the proverbial wood.

So perhaps we differ in our viewpoint considerably less than I allowed you and the rest of ATS to believe

edit on 8/7/11 by Pimander because: So no, it will not get in the way.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am unable to get over the fact that MILLIONS of people report the EXACT same experiences...

we all do not have the same 'sleep problem'.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The actual number of true ABDUCTIONS is tiny. Sleep Paralysis is a very real result of a person obtaining conciousness before the natural DISCONNECT between our motor skills and our concious ability....this does not apply to reflex as a person in a state of Sleep Paralysis will move their leg involuntarily if it is hit on the area of the kneecap by a doctors rubber mallet......conscious ability to force movement.

I have to laugh at the shere numbers of people who claim abduction as I know this is relugated to a small minority and even a smaller number of people than decades ago...pre-1960...as this number has been reduced by agreement.

Tell tale observations of a true abductee...will include a small implant of material that the Human body reacts to favorably and in fact...causes the growth of complex neural connections that goes against typical Human Body defenses that would surround the foreign body with antibodies thus encapsulating the material with puss that would then allow the expultion of the foreign material.

In a documented observation...once this originally innert implanted material is connected to this complex neural growth...a duel low level electromagnetic signal can and has been detected with wide spectrum recievers. This POWERING UP of a once innert material by Human biological neural connections....is extrordinary.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join