It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QR Codes - Bit of Fun Playing around with Code readers etc - iphone Fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well was messing around earlier on itunes, bar code readers to be precise. I found a nifty little reader called Red laser which basically scans bar-codes and tries to find the item cheaper. Also discovered it can read QR Codes too. after a quick google I found a QR code generator that will let you create you own codes with contact info etc.

Put the 2 together and you have hours of fun for all the family.

App is here: redlaser.com...

and the code generator page is here: zxing.appspot.com...

I made this one, among others:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a82363bb701.png[/atsimg]

Nothing secret etc but think its really cool how a simple FREE app. and a random website can be kinda geeky but cool at the same time. Again I am sure most of you have heard of these before but for those that haven't I hope you find it interesting.
Cool idea would be to use the Contact Info one to hide your contact details in your wallet or purse, someone who hadn't heard of this would be none the wise but with the app. or similar scanner you could prove ownership.

Anyway, sorry if its been posted before, I did search and only thing that came up was some weird sci-fi type thread lol

Enjoy

edit on 15-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Haha
Nice QR generator.. I used another online freebie to generate "corrupt" into barcode for my avatar!
Nice find.. could use this for "higher than normal" important messages for your friends, or what-have-you..

Generate the QR, email to your friend, he scans it with his reader: bam, decrypted message ;P

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

hehe that's very true, just looking at other apps that allow your phone to scan images stored on the device so yes you could literally send someone an image and they could decode it. Now to try and find an App that creates the QR codes on the iPhone itself

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
so now you can download your own mark of the beast app. that's a handy tool.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, get bar-coded BEFORE RFID implants, etc
Gotta stay ahead of the curve....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Lost me there fella

reply to post by igigi

May start a new trend in tattoo's I guess

Found another generator page that also covers the Data-matrix code too

keremerkan.net...
edit on 15-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: Added Link DOH!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sweet!
as a jailbreaker for hire i find this a pretty damn useful thing.

Now to try and find an App that creates the QR codes on the iPhone itself

just visit the page in safari and bookmark/place link on your home screen

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah, if you can create the image on your iPhone, you should be able to press and hold that image and then be prompted to save or copy.. save that sucker.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Aye simple answer lol never thought of that, but....

Optishare QR code generator
appshopper.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

no prob always on the lookout for usful apps, thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

its a picture on a webpage i think, [sorry, to poor at present to actually own one and verify all this, but its coming from the Inner Planes soon]
so you should be able to select it & save it. if its too small or something just expand it as far as you can and take a screenshot:

Simply press and hold the "Home" button at center bottom of the iPhone, then press and release the "Sleep" button on top right of the iPhone. This causes the iPhone to "flash" white briefly and the image is added to your "camera roll" on the phone. Read more: How to Take Screen Shot on iPhone Without Screenshot App | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting about screen-shots. Ty!

Ahh.. I got it.. I use Backgrounder, so press-hold Home is enable/disable... but if you do the press/hold Home then Sleep in quick order, it'll take a screenie.
edit on 15-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I first saw the QR code standing in line at a grocery store on a gum display, at first I thought it was a marketing technique, you know something different and unique. Then I did a Google on it and the scary part as mentioned above, if you can put all your information in this code such as address, name, bank info etc, but who's to say you can't walk into a store have your unique code scanned, with your bank account number and pay that way? Every website I Googled in someway shape or form refereed to it as a company mark their logo. As to the RIFD I don't think most people would take an injection, and when I Googled that, there seemed to be problems with a power source and charging. In the bible it states that the mark will have to be taken freely, This code is being thrown for FREE and use for FREE the code generator FREE see a pattern. It also says it will arrive when everything starts to crumble and will be made to seem like a must have for your safety and or security. And on my final note tattoos are a mark.

top topics

join