It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: New Users that joined as a result of the Tucson/Giffords/Jared incident...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I seem to be seeing a rather large influx of new users (see thread "The World is About to Go Bang") that have joined up since the weekend of the Tucson shooting incident (where ATS received some news coverage due to that deranged/crazy shooter having been a member).

And I just want to offer a small nugget of advice/guidance that may make your stay here a little bit or somewhat better for you
I noticed in the above referenced thread that some of you felt "picked on" (for lack of a better word) for your replies ("The world is about to go boom!" or "I get this really weird feeling something BAD is about to happen" etc...) and therefore I felt compelled to offer a little insight as to how/why your posts were met with some of the responses that they received.

See....please understand (and trust me YOU WILL in time after you have a little time/few posts under your belt here) that ATS get inundated (many times by new users, or how some of you were referenced to as "noobs" which shouldn't be interpreted as a bad thing as we ALL were noobs before at some point...so first off a little thicker skin will get you far on ATS FYI)....but ATS gets threads from "noobs" on average a couple/few times a week all saying the same thing it seems;

"I sense something bad is about to happen"

or

(one of our absolute favorites) "I am from Ashtar Command and I offer this warning (heed if you like but understand your destruction is certain if ignored)...."

or

"I felt compelled to join ATS to offer these predictions" (many times the predictions were obtained through channeling through various ET races, or our favorite the Paladiens)

or

And then once their prediction fails to come true, they disappear never to be heard from again. Well I am sure you get my point
So...in order for your experience to be the best it can be, or meet the expectations you had hoped when joining, I just offer that you MIGHT want to spend a tad more time reading/searching BEFORE hitting that "New Thread" button to see whether your topic has been covered before or at least apply some risk rationale if you plan to go ahead with your post so that you do not become too surprised if your thread is met with the opposite reception of what you had hoped/expected it to be.

I think THEN you will have/make the best experience on ATS because this truly is the best site on the interweb for Esoteric/Alternative Science/Beliefs etc... that you could ever expect to find, and having direct access to such a like minded global consciousness should be considered priceless IMO.

So welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy your stay. Good luck we will be looking forward to reading your topics/posts

NT

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Yeah, And Respect the Mods AUTHORETEY!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just be sure when you join that this is not a terrorist joint where you can all plot your next "big achievement in life" or to connect with other psychos all over the world...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

And of course there is...The Beginning...of....THE END!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes new people.

If you wait around even a few weeks you are all sure to survive several end of the world scenarios posted on here and begin to take them a little less seriously

I personally have survived at least 4 raptures since I've been here.

Also if you are insulted by someone or you feel a post crosses the line then it's better to just use the alert function rather then reply to it.
edit on 15-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hello to all ATS community.
I just registered today, not in the wake of what happened in Arizona.
I've been reading ATS for a few months now.
But what made decide to register is the fact that I'm reading a lot of posts regarding folks feeling a change within or on a global scale, "the end of the world as we know it" (thanks REM) , with all due respect and no harm intended, some I find I can relate to, some are just far fetched and paranoid.
I have to admit I feel "something" different too!, as a matter of fact I found this site doing a google search regarding meditation.
I like to meditate to balance the stress of every day modern life. As I've gotten better, sometimes I sense or think of changes in me and the planet, they are positive thoughts of belonging to a universal community-entity. So I like read posts of folks having similar thoughts.
However, what disturbs me is the doomsday comments of some users here that "have seen the light", I guess influenced by reading/watching the news, (that would give any one the sense that the world is going nuts). I had those awful thoughts too, and went as far as getting ready to have a family meeting to tell my kinfolk to start stock piling on supplies and survival gear 'cause I felt there's a negative change approaching.
Thank god for some leveled headed users here and and Aunt who's been doing meditation longer than I have.
My aunt told me that as you progress in meditation, you get euphoric dreams/visions/thoughts in the beginning that may cause confusion (delusions in some folks specially if fueled by internet smut), but they will pass and you will see a broader universal picture.
I don't wanna rant or get off-topic here, I just want to say (suggest) to "noobs" like me to take things with the proverbial grain of salt and think thoroughly how we act (wild eyed serial killer look), what we say and post before we have the MIB, NWO, ET,NSA and any other boogie man knocking at our door and shutting down our alternative news sources.
P.S. I didn't have that family meeting, although as things progress with the real natural changes we are seen and in a calm way, I will start preparing a family safety plan for a rainy day

May god and all the universal positive energy bless us all.

new topics

top topics

join