It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

What you showed is the typical 1-mile "section" layouts of most rural areas in the midwest and plains. The government developed this land in 640 acre sections, lined by section roads every 1-mile. They used to give it away in those sections, but it was subsequently broken up into 40 acre "plots."

Still, with bad weather, shrubbage, hills, buildings, etc., it could have been unnoticed for a few days.

I have personally seen a dead cow lie upside down frozen in a pond for months. I have seen multiple dead cows lie and rot for weeks or months. There may not be a phone call after 1 or 2, but maybe some calls rolled in after 10 or 20, but the farmer couldn't get out there to check them until the weekend, and by then there were 200.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Vitchilo

With a user name like mine you'd think that I'd be well informed on this topic!

My first thought is that, since the mentioned virus doesn't seem to match the criteria for a mass and quick die off, there must be another explanation - such as tainted feed.

~Heff

I think it's possible tainted feed is behind the bird deaths as well

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Virus which is killing 200 within a night at one place. Sure. Who the hell is creating these lame explanations?

Maybe the real questions to be answered are, who the hell is creating these deadly viruses, and why are they accelerating the testing just now?

For years now I have been reading accounts of how different war minded entities such as the US, China, Israel, and I'm sure, many others, have programs directed towards trying to create biological weapons that can be targeted towards specific ethnic types.

Perhaps they are testing and fine-tuning their weapons of mass destruction, preliminary to......... a culling?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

getreadyalready,

Nah, not buying it. There doesn't seem to be any elevation in that little square. Just some plowed fields, meadows and trees.....

But I'll give it a rest and back down, apparently I am fearmongering the bejesus out of some members....can't have that.

Peace

PS: anybody have streetview, my connection speed is worthless so don't expect anything from me....
edit on 15-1-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

LOL! I definitely won't say you are wrong. 200 cows is a huge amount, especially for a small farmer, and that picture looks like several small farms, no commercial ones.

I am just saying it is ....... "possible." Highly unlikely, but possible.

I think your information is great!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not unusual. Happen to a farmer I know. 50K euro worth of his cattle died just like that. I think it was because they drank cold water from a stream and it was very cold below zero temperatures when it happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It just that I have lived in a similar surrounding all my life and we have binocular standing ready and checking out the place constantly. It wouldn't be the first time had to run over to the neighbors to turn a sheep the right way up. We keep an eye out for each other and each others income........ any idea what a cow costs?!?!

that's my motivation...

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by piercebitchone

If they were milkers they would be seen twice daily in the stalls and be tagged. It didn't specify what type of cattle though.

Thats a good point, because Wisconsin is heavy in dairy cattle! I am more familiar with beef cattle, but if these were dairy cattle, then it would have been an immediately noticed emergency. The farmer would have separated the sick cattle from the rest very quickly. We definitely need more info.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would have to disagree with the low temperature theory.

The entire month of January (according to Weather Underground) saw a range of temperatures between a high of 31 deg f and a low of -3 deg f. It appears the low temperature occurred Januray 9th before 12:00pm. There were no extreme lows for this part of the country.

I live about an hour and a half south of the location.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
200 cows in 1 field mind you, you people are such jackholes when it comes to these things.
A virus is the most probable cause.

This isn't a world wide cow die off, this is 1 group in 1 field in 1 place.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 15-1-2011 by infomaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I will verify that the map that was posted is correct. Stockton, WI is in Portage county. I checked Google maps and the location is correct.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infomaster

I had a dream a couple of months ago that the night sky turned all kinds of funky colors, like the Aurora Borealis.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This would be very frightening if you lived there and had a Cattle farm. I know we have plenty of Dairy farms right around here where I live. And very sad whatever the cause.

Is this the farm I found on Google Earth? Doesn`t appear to be so big the Cattle would be out of sight if the farmer was actually taking care of the Animals.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98b5fd73fb7f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1/15/2011 by Connman because: fixed cows to Cattle

edit on 1/15/2011 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Pretty creepy I am reminded of Close encounters of the third kind for some reason. I say the government is hiding a UFO landing spot with Poison gas. But seriously that is really creepy.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Just for a little humor, here's what we are looking at....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a0ee772cf42.jpg[/atsimg]

Those red circles......farms. Those red lines......main roads. Now from your assessment, how big would you say the entire land in between those four roads is if you keep in mind that in the bottom right the rules says 500meters?

Now imagine 200 (!!!) dead cows laying on their back.......for a couple of days/weeks. Come on dude, two dead cows on such a small piece of land would have triggered phone calls within a day.

Peace

i live in wisconsin. less than two hours away from this area. the map you're looking at? if you were to try to walk across that in the summer(when this picture was taken) it would take about an hour or so with all the shrubbery trees terrain etc. what you're failing to consider is....it's the dead of winter here. we've had more snow this year than in the last few. it's entirely possible that twice that number could die in almost any part of that block of land and not be noticed untill spring.

no it's not the outback, but it's not a small plot of land. not a lot of people in wisconsin go out on their back porch and scan the land with binoculars every day especially in january. dunno where you got that idea in a post after the quoted one. in fact i'm not surprised that no one else noticed them, at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 79ymaot

-3? are you taking into account windchill? cause it's gotten colder than that in the last two weeks. with windchill that is. i figure a couple of the cows were already sick, they were huddling together for warmth, virus gets passed around, continues to pass as some of them die...eventually the whole group is dead.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Dude there is not a rancher in the USA that does not notice 200 dead Cows, The rancher would be absolute panic even after 1 day in the Winter, the summer time is another story, Cows our easy to find in the winter. Its the summer time that's %^& to find them. And no Cattle drink Ice water all winter long, it does not hurt them.. Unless there was a blizzard someone got some splanning to do..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's a interesting story thats for sure.

But I have to nitpick here about something sorry.

I grew up in Texas so I can't help it.

The Plural form of "Cow" is "Cattle".
Use it.
"Cows" is a bad bad word. It makes us sad.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

These Cows come back to eat every night, and Morn there not grazing wild in Jan in Wisc,, Yes cows die all the time from Cold mostly Calves, For this rancher to miss these cows, it would be like you guys missing your Lap top or other computer how long would it take you to discover it missing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join