It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very ancient Egyptians lived in Australia (But the government wont admit it)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by stumason

There seems to be just far to much of this type of ancient legend from all over the world to dismiss it as just nonesense - there is just huge amounts of evidence pointing to alien beings and technology being here prior to Egypt - if this is where the bloodline families originated that have ruled this planet ever since - it is no surprise that they will keep their origins from ever becoming common knowledge.

Around 3,000 BC there came to Ireland a people known racially as the Gaels and specifically as the Tuatha de Danaan (the tribe of the goddess Danu). The word Gael connotes “the pure ones.” They were reputed to be a tribe of powerful Druid-kings, possessed of giant stature, great physical strength and weapons and instruments of “magical” power. They declared that they had come from four islands (Falias, Murias, Finias, and Gorias) in the Atlantic that had been destroyed in a deluge caused by the misuse of “magic.” The High King of the Gaels was, suggestively, called Nuada (pronounced Nuah, like Noah). Upon their arrival they made for the west country and after meeting with the ambassadors of the indigenous Iberians, they made war. The de Danaan were victorious but during the conflict Nuada’s arm was cut off. As a result he had to abdicate from the throne, for it was said that none that were “blemished” in any way could rule over the Gaels (an edict which has interesting connotations concerning genetic purity). Later the de Danaan physician fashioned and knit to his king’s body what is rather abstrusely described as a “silver arm.” A few suspect that what lies behind this tale is cybernetics technology for it is speculated that the de Danaan came from Atlantis. The kings and their consorts ruled from Derry in the north where the burial cairn of Nuada still stands. Derry comes from a word meaning Druids. Of the many strange treasures in their possession the de Danaans had four of especial importance. These are a sword, a lance, a chalice or cauldron, and a stone, called the Lia Fail (Stone of Destiny) which could speak. It is thought that these are the prototypes for the suits of the Tarot and of regular gaming cards. It was recorded of this Lance of Lugh that it shook so violently and radiated such heat that those who went anywhere near it would have their hair and fingernails drop off and themselves finally reduced to a heap of ash.
www.taroscopes.com...

sir your account of irish mythology is wrong the deDannan were not gaels, the gaels are a mix of scythian and celtic tribes, in fact scythia is mentiond a lot in irish mythology,and as for Nuada his are was cut off in battle and replaced wit a silver arm ( imagine if you will the robotic arm from the movie the terminator) then later a doctor grew him a new one useing pices of his flesh, so there we have cyborgs, and genetic manipulation in acient irish mythology, but as always it will be ignored, just like the fact that the irisc are a scythian celtic race

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

WOW tahnk you for the post iv'e lived in the penrith and mountains area of nsw australia my entire life and first iv'e heard of this ( untill now i thought knew everything ;p ) jokes aside very interesting and you've given me something to look into. i wonder if the aboriginals might have interacted with these ancients. Australia has seen some wierd stuff over its time and we no barely anything. thanks again for the post

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Although the Australian government refuses to acknowledge anything different other than the history they have been lead to believe about British explorer Captain Cook and his expedition being the first recorded Europeans to have encountered the land, a very different history seems to refute this erroneous tale.

Wouldn't he sill be the first European? As the Egyptians would have been African?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have finally cracked it, instead of using this forum search. try advanced google search

Whooola

Old thread about Egyptians in OZ

Not having a crack at anyone here, there are some good links and stories in this old thread, even where the rangers found the old guy carving away into the rocks

Wal

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There used to be a much bigger pyramid at rainbow beach, but in the 50's the military loaded it all up onto barges and dumped it at the bottom of the ocean off the Fraser coast.

The gympie pyramids weren't really worthwhile demolishing, the locals had already done half the work (like building a church and mariner with it), and the structures could easily be claimed to be something else.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

The Glyphs at Gosford have been proven to be faked by a guy that lived close by. He was caught carving some of them by rangers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Gympie Pyramid was long ago destroyed when white settlers first arrived in the district... much of the stone work went into building the Surface Hill Church and retaining wall, etc.

They did leave the Ritual Mound alone with the exception of taking away some stone work. I interviewed the man who was paid to demolish a temple-like entrance in the side of the mound.. and who fortunately took some photos before doing the job. They show a carved, raised platform with statuary/obelisks on either side of the entrance. In the 1930's this man set off dynomite and then bulldozed the rubble into the entrance to conceal it.

Brett Green has been studying this district since his Grandfather handed him some old diaries he had received from his own Grandfather.. both men had lived with the local Tribe and had been shown around the ancient ruins, which they drew facsimilies of in their diaries... and which can still be seen today when reading Brett's books.

Gympie Pyramid Site

Rainbow Spirit Warriors

Brett also has numerous relics he has found in his studies and explorations.. one of which stands 3 foot tall!! It's a wine ewer that has been dated by the Queensland Museum to be manufactrured in the Egypto-Grecian Period ... although he found it firmly stuck in silt in a coastal lake that once had direct access to the sea.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

It seems the Hawkesbury cleft inscriptions are a hoax .
However , there are many other examples of Egyptian / Sumerian origin that
are surely not ...

Alan Dash, a surveyor with the Gosford City Council between 1968 and 1993,
first noticed the carvings about 1975. Thoroughly familiar with the area, he
revisited the site several times over the next 5 years, each time observing
that more and more carvings appeared on the rock face. He considered the
engravings the work of an irresponsible vandal.

Neil Martin himself found the man responsible. "In 1984 1 was in the area helping
to put out a fire", he told me. "As I came around the base of the hill, I could hear
a noise like someone chipping stone. I walked over to the cleft and found an old
Yugoslavian man, chipping the stone with a Sidchrome cold chisel. Because this
was national park property, I confiscated the chisel and the man left. Because he
was mentally handicapped, we took no further action, but I later gave the chisel
to the local historical society. We never saw the old man again."

Since 1984 the cleft has gradually filled with leaves, fallen stones and dirt. However,
the site has gained notoriety and taken on "spiritual significance." Since the 1990s,
various people have illegally dug between the cliffs whether for treasure or looking
for mummies is not clear. The NPWS rangers regularly confiscate tools and hammers
left at the site. A hole has been dug between the cliffs by treasure hunters.

Much has been made of the supposed "age" of the inscription, suggested by the green
lichen covering many of the hieroglyphs. Neil pointed out that lichen grows very quickly
in the damp cleft. Growth is prolific in the presence of naturally occurring nitrates but
even people touching the rock face transfer nutrients to the rock and this encourages
the lichen to grow. Neil pointed out that gardeners sometimes paint a pottery garden
pot with milk so that lichen will grow quickly and give the pot that "aged" look. This is a
common technique used to hide scars made in rock.

Some of the Egyptoid carvings at Kariong appear to be smooth, giving them the false
appearance of age. This is due to weathering in the sandstone rock, but differences in
mineral content of even the same slab of sandstone will produce different degrees of
weathering. However, most of the Egyptoid carvings still show crisp, sharp edges
indicating recent cutting.

donsmaps.com...

www.diggingsonline.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Im an aussie...let me tell you...history here has been fking all lies. All we here is white dude done this..white dude done that. Real Australian history consists of butchery and murder towards the aborigines. For me they will and always remain the real Australians. And that white galah PM we have..is true evidence of the fallout of fking humanity. This retard Prime Minister seems always happy and has a smile on her face when she is shown the devastation in queensland,,,WITCH (i know its which,,but witch is so more appropriate) fking hierarchy smiles and laughs at # like this?? She should be the first one crying and the last one laughing!! Im am very disappointed and dam ashamed to have a heartless, inhumane, zero class, emotionally detached, cruel, backstabbing, bich of a leader. Quote from this heartless wrench mouth " we will be sending 2 out of 4 big helicopters to help the people". WHY NOT ALL 4???? WTF is wrong with this retard? Im srsly dumbfounded. Gather our troops from the illegal fking wars and command them to help the victims. To all those aussies watching the news and sees her...you guys watch her fuking reaction to all this,,,...and you tell me if im fking talking lies..angry angry angry ><

Ro Or La
2 and 2 isnt always 4

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whitbit
Here is an interesting read I found the other day involving HAARP. It involves a lot of other stuff, it's all centralizing around petroglyphs, some of which were found in Australia. It's a true story. Here is the link to where I found it posted, the OP included lots of images. (on page 2) forum.prisonplanet.com...
Here are some links that go with the Original story: www.viewzone.com...

edit on 15-1-2011 by Whitbit because: got links mixed up sorry

should be compulsory reading.

great link.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
First off anyone who gets their HAARP info or any information from prison planet should be thoroughly deprogramed for the safety of us all.
But the likley hood of egyptians going to the AU to carve some rocks? Not likley. Keep in mind most people in egypt could not read and write and towards the end nobody read or wrote those hieroglyphs

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar
[more

a lot of the info on the viewpoint article checks with other sites information.

the ancient egyptians had trade links and middle eastern origin products turn up around the globe in archaeology from predynastic era's.

www.eternalegypt.org... ssages=0001.flashrequired.text

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nice post!
Our history is so shrouded that I have no doubt the ancient Egyptians made it to Australia.
I think that history goes a lot further back then most people think, a whole lot further. I'm from New Zealand and even our history has big mysteries. Theres a lot of ancient stone huts (apparently a stone city) found in a forest and a whole lot of other anomalies.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic inscriptions, statues, coins, pyramids and many other amazing discoveries have been found all around Australia over the years, and continue to do so.

Speaking as someone who studies Egyptian culture and art and can read hieroglyphs, the answer is "they're fakes."

An unusual set of rock carvings of 250 hieroglyphs telling the tale of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in ancient Australia.

Very bad fake.

An Egyptian sundisc was discovered in 1950 carved into a cliff. The carving featured the outline of a chariot, showing one of its wheels.

REALLY bad fake.

In 1965 a cache of hand forged Egyptian bronze, copper and iron tools plus pottery and coins dating back more than 2000 years were found.

Uhm... no. The only ones coining money in Egypt around 100 BC were the Ptolemys (Greeks.) There's no reports in coin circles of such money. And I haven't seen pictures of those other artifacts but I bet they're badly done fakes.

Toowoomba: A group of seventeen granite stones were found with Phoenecian inscriptians. One had been translated to read "Guard the shrine of Yahweh¼s message" and "Gods of Gods". Another inscription reads, "This is a place of worship or Ra" and "Assemble here to worship the sun." (Ra was the Egyptian sun god).

The "translation" is done by the writer, actually. The inscriptions aren't in Phoenecian or anything else.

I encourage everyone to learn a little about the language and writing so that you aren't taken in by fakers who like to deceive people about history.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ill just re-post this since the above post seems to imply everything is a fake.

A list of state by state discoveries found in Australia.

QUEENSLAND

The Gympie Pyramid. This pyramidal structure was situated to the north-east of Gympie. It was 100 feet high and consisted of a series of terraces up to 4 feet tall and eight feet across and was constructed of small to larger lumps of localised stone. It had three entrances. There was also another structure nearby. Incidentally, a similar structure existed at Penrith, New South Wales and five others were said to exist in the eastern Sepik region of Papua New Guinea and that these in turn matched other examples found in Egypt. There is also an early history of the possible gold mining activity in the area that took place at that time. The story of the 'Gympie Pyramid' is one by itself and due to space restrictions cannot be expanded here. (Please refer to the notes at the end of the article)
As far back as the 1850's, the early settlers of the Gympie region found many relics belonging to ancient races including pottery fragments, metal tools, forged implements and carvings. One such find found in a field near Mothar Mountain east of Gympie was an ancient crudely hand-forged spoon of an unknown bronze alloy indicating great antiquity. It appeared to be Middle-Eastern in origin.
In 1890, a stepped pyramid structure was found in jungle near Gordonvale south of Cairns.
At Long Island situated in the Whitsunday Passage, lies a wreck of a ship, when in c. 1890, a local sheep farmer named Kean came across some silver cutlery and pieces of silver plate. Further up on the land near the wreck, past the high water mark, he found a Spanish coin and, about 200 yards farther inland, more coins, both silver and gold. Another mystery!
Furthermore, a Grecian coin c. 23 BC. and more scarabs were found in Cairns / Gordonvale regions as well as rock inscriptions in 1910 and 1978 suggesting that a second Egyptian colony had begun c. 200 – 300 BC.
In the Brisbane 'Sunday Sun' newspaper dated 24th July, 1989, a feature article stated a small stone scarab with hieroglyphics – an amulet or seal of office for an important official had been unearthed in 1910 at Mossman, North Queensland. The scarab was originally found two metres below the surface during the construction of a well. It was 9cm in length and made of sandstone. It is known that scarab seals were worn or placed on property from Egypt to Syria. Commanders of the Egyptian ships and army forces also used them as insignia. It also reported of an unusual mound with a perfect square base was found in dense rainforest near Townsville.
2000 year-old Greek and Ptolemaic coins were reportedly found at numerous coastal locations in northern Australia. The most notable was one found by Andrew Henderson in 1910 at the Barron Falls near Cairns, Queensland. It was identified as a Ptolemy IV bronze coin bearing a recognisable head of the horned Zeus of Ommon. It was 1½" in diameter and ¼" thick and regarded as a priceless relic. It was apparently identified by the Brisbane Numismatic Society c. 1959 as being minted in Barce, Cyrenaica during the reign of Pharaoh Ptolemy IV who ruled from c. 221 to 204 BC. The reverse side shows an eagle riding a thunderbolt – a Ptolemaic insignia.
A Rameses I royal cartouche (an oval ring enclosing Egyptian hieroglyphics) estimated to be several thousand years old was dug up in North Queensland in 1911.
In 1912, workmen digging a well shaft at Gordonvale south of Cairns unearthed at a depth of 12 feet, a large rock carved in the form of a scarab beetle, an object of worship in ancient Egypt.
Just east of Gympie, Queensland, in the 1930's, a highly respected early pioneer of the forest industry while inspecting new areas of old forests between Mt. Wolvi and Mt. Wahpunga west of Lakes Como and Cootharaba in the Cooloola National Park region, uncovered a very ancient 37cm chalice with removable lid/handle embedded in the clay of an old gully water flow. The bronzed-pewter artefact displayed ornate hand-beaten or cast decorations depicting Grecian ribboned heads, lion-head motifs and many other forms of imprint. The handle was missing but points where it was attached can be seen. The chalice-type artefact may have been a wine decanter; or a water jar; an ornate drinking cup (with lid); or possibly an oil/wax light burner. One side had been damaged and holed. In 1998, the current owner of the artefact consulted two antique dealers. In their opinion, they believed the object was extremely old and possibly Egypto-Greek because of the patterns displayed. Today's interest centres on how such an object could have been found in such an inaccessible jungle place where at that time, Europeans would have never travelled or resided. Incidentally, the location where it was found is approximately half-way between Lake Cootharaba north of Noosa and the 'pyramid' site just east of Gympie and near to recently discovered pre-European quarry in the lakes region.
A golden scarab was found on the eastern side of Mothar Mountain east of Gympie in 1959 along with strange inscriptions on a large rock in the same region.
Mr. C. Morton of Gordonvale near Cairns, Queensland, reported in 1960 that at Boogie, an engineer Mr. W. Johnstone while on a bush surveying expedition came across a moss covered slab of what was thought to be stone but was in fact, a slab of cut marble. It was recovered and cleaned to reveal symbols cut into the stone of an unknown origin but in fact resembled Egyptian. Apparently Australian Museums ignored all the photographs but the British Museum identified the inscriptions as possibly Phoenician.
A jade Ankh (the cross of life) was uncovered near Murgon west of Gympie in 1964.
At Ipswich in Queensland during 1965, yielded a cache of hand-forged bronze-copper and iron tools plus pottery and coins dating back more than 2000 years. The artefacts were claimed to be of Egyptian origin.
A carved stone statue (now known as the famous Gympie 'Ape Idol') was unearthed when a field was being ploughed (c. 1966) near the site of the 'Gympie Pyramid'. Two theories is that (a) It could be in fact a replica of the Egyptian god Thoth – the God of Wisdom and Inventor of the Arts of Writing which could be at least 3000 years old and was made from local ironstone. Or (cool.gif It could be one of the missing sacrificial statues for the Chinese God of Longevity buried in the great south land by Cheng Ho during his voyage of 1432(?).This near metre high artefact is currently displayed in a glass case at the Gympie District Historical and Gold Mining Museum.
In the late 1960's, Rockhampton in Central Queensland was credited with the finding of an Egyptian calendar stone and gold scarabs, gold coins and other artefacts estimated to be aged around 2700 BC.
During a dig in 1969 at Cooktown, two gold coins of the Ptolemy period c. 200 BC were discovered.
In 1976, a team of researchers from the Soils Division of the C.S.R.I.O. whilst using a sand auger at Hook Point on Fraser Island, Queensland, recovered at a depth of 2.2 to 2.4 metres, an ancient Celtic lead fishing weight which measured 6cm x 11cm which had a hole in it which indicates an attachment to a fishing net. Extensive studies were carried out and it appears that it was left on the beach somewhere around 1235 – 1400 AD. It is now in the Queensland Museum.
An obelisk stone with a pyramid apex was found in scrubland at Coen in North Queensland in 1978.
In the early 1990's, two elderly men, John Mansell and Ken McKinnon located a small 8 inch (200mm) high carved sandstone/granite head resembling Easter Island art forms in the Tamaree area north-east of Gympie and a short distance from the 'Gympie Pyramid' site. It has not been identified.
A weathered fragment of an old wooden carved object was found in 1997 at the same Gympie site preserved from the weather by a collapsed rock wall. The carving fragment depicts a deity sitting in a squat position holding a portion ledge covering? Intricate line inscriptions can still be seen but cannot be translated. The origin of the artefact again may be Indian/Tamil or Asian/Polynesian. As for age, this has not been determined but it is considered to be several hundred years old and pre-European.
An unidentified hand carved jade-like knife handle depicting a monkey-type creature was uncovered on a quartz-sand hillside east of Gympie where an ancient pre-European/non-Aboriginal site investigation was being carried out in June 1998 by local researchers. The artefact may be of Indian/Tamil or Asian/Polynesian origin.
Aboriginal drawings at the Herberton Aboriginal Gallery in North Queensland, supposedly depict an Egyptian Nile plant.
Magnetic metallic granite artefacts similar to Black Mountain rocks outside Cooktown, North Queensland were supposedly found at the great pyramid in Egypt.
There is a story of a North Queensland cattleman who used to serve his dinner guests off gold plates fashioned from melted down coins found on the station.
On Tuesday 10th February, 2004, the Brisbane 'Courier Mail' has an article (page 13) which reports Phoenician relics being found near Armstrong's Beach south of Sarina. It includes, which is to believed a sceptre of black cast steel, weighing 8 kg with a hammered flat tip at one end. Reports of ancient stone carvings have also been found in the area. Val Osborn and Gil Deem also mention of a headland near Freshwater Point which contains sparkling specks of telluride which is a mix of gold and silver in a seam in the cliff. It appears that this seam was worked extensively a long, long time ago). The full report of this find can be read in the above mentioned article).
Aboriginal legend has it, that a possible Spanish galleon still remains buried with its treasure at the southern end of Stradbroke Island at Eighteen Mile Swamp, 2 miles north of Swan Bay or approximately 5km north of Jumpinpin. An article on this "treasure" can be read in the 'Australian Gold, Gem & Treasure' magazine. December 2006). There is also a web-site that relates to this as well, and can be viewed at: www.stradbrokeislandgalleon.com

NEW SOUTH WALES

Norman Lindsay sketched some drawings which record the fact that the Spanish ships 'Santa Barbara' and 'Saint Y Zabel' took possession of Australia at Bondi, Sydney c.1600 with their sign of the Spanish Cross, ship drawings and names. Mystery ring bolts can be seen at Point Piper rocks.
A 2000 year-old axe blade identified as Middle-Eastern was found in 1960 in inland New South Wales.
In 1969 about eight miles from Sydney, the Gladesville Bridge area produced hand-forged fragments of iron pottery inscribed with symbols and ancient deity representations claimed to be of Egyptian/Phoenician origin.
In 1980, a woman unearthed a carved stone head of the Chinese Goddess Shao Lin – the Protectress of Mariners near Milton, New South Wales. This is on display at Rex Gilroy's Museum in Tamworth, New South Wales.
An amber glass obelisk-shaped pin at least 5000 years was found in a field at Kyogle in Northern New South Wales in 1983.
Two large carved stone heads were excavated close to where the Nepean River adjoins the Hawkesbury River, New South Wales – one of these heads is bearded. It has been suggested, that they may be of Middle-eastern design possibly Phoenician and are extremely old. They appear to be identical to the Phoenician Sun God Mithras and Earth Mother Goddess Demeter which were unearthed by a farmer many years ago from ancient river gravels near Richmond.
A 4th century BC Egyptian figurine and a Roman seal ring (both of which were authenticated) were discovered at The Rocks in Sydney, New South Wales while archaeologists were excavating the site prior to construction of then new ANA Hotel.
Located on the Hawkesbury River in New South Wales found in recent years was another carved stone statue similar to the one found near the 'Gympie Pyramid'. Could this have been the third and final statue from the Chinese Emperor left behind by Cheng Ho?
During building site excavations at Dee Why, Sydney, a perfectly preserved old war mask was found by architect Mr. Neil Durbach of Sydney. Archaeologists have reputedly dated it as being at least 2000 to 3000 years old and of ancient Aztec origins. It is believed that it may have originated from the Inca fortress of Sasay Ituaman in Peru.
In recent times, an onyx rock carved in the form of a scarab was dug up by a man near the Nepean River outside Penrith, New South Wales, which lies on the eastern side of the Blue Mountains, where, at Katoomba some years ago, council workmen dug up from a depth of 18 feet, a small black stone bearing Phoenician letterings believed to spell the name Thuffi.
In early 2004, a lucky Central New South Wales treasure hunter metal detecting around an old house built in the 1880's found a Roman coin (Billon Antoninus of Carinus) minted between 283 AD - 285AD). How did that get there?
VICTORIA

In 2002, a treasure hunter using a metal detector at Port Phillip Bay found a Roman coin depicting Lucinus I c. 307 – 324 AD.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA

An Australian 'Stonehenge' was reportedly discovered on the Nullarbor Plains, South Australia by Mr. Len Beadell while surveying areas for atomic tests at the time.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Ancient Aboriginal cave paintings depict European women and bearded men wearing Babylonian-styled hats exist in the Kimberley ranges of N.W. Australia. These can still be seen today.
At the Kimberleys of N.W. Australia in the early 1900's, an Aboriginal clan who had never seen a white man was found to be using ancient Masonic hand signs, words and symbols of Egyptian origin, worshipping the sun and the moon; had a Mother Earth and snake cult spiritually; performed expert ritualised circumcisions of all men; and practiced mummification of the dead in the same manner of the Egyptians.
In 1963 a team of skin divers located the old Dutch ship ‘Batavia’ wrecked on a reef in 1629 in the Alrolhos, a group of islands and reefs 45 miles from Geraldton, Western Australia, which contained a valuable amount of treasure.
Noted Perth skin diver, the late Allan Robinson believed he discovered the remains of an ancient Phoenician trireme (boat) off nearby King Sound, where an unnamed prospector had dug up a 2700 year old Phoenician bronze inscribed plate.
Miners in the north of Australia claimed to have found apparent ancient open-cut copper mines in the Kimberley coastal area where fragments of Palestinian and other pottery have been unearthed. Similar mines dug by Libyans around 2200 years ago were purportedly located in West Irian with nearby ancient rock inscriptions.
On several occasions, people have recovered Spanish coins dated 1618, 1648, 1652, 1653 and 1653 on the beaches about 80 miles north of Perth. Some of these could be from the wreck ‘Gilt Dragon’ which was shipwrecked in the area in April 1656.
NORTHERN TERRITORY

Non-Aboriginal stone hieroglyphics were found at the Olgas and Palm Creek in the Northern Territory.
Aboriginal paintings on Groote Eyland (Island) off the Northern Territory coast clearly depict ancient prows (ships).
Egyptian artefacts and a stone scarab were found in 1960 near the Daly River in the Northern Territory.
OTHER REFERENCES

Mysterious ruins consisting of huge stone blocks were found on New Hannover Island in the Bismarck Archipelago many years ago by a Government Patrol Officer Mr. Ray Sherridan. He also found a large stone idol of a human-bodied, bird-headed deity, and nearby strange symbols that included a chariot. He believed the ruin resembled an Egyptian sun-worship temple.

www.treasureenterprises.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ill just re-post this since the above post seems to imply everything is a fake.

Remember, we've seen various parts of this list since ATS opened.

The Gympie Pyramid.

...was traced to an Italian farmer, restored and added to by a Swiss horticulturalist after he bought the property:
en.wikipedia.org...

Incidentally, a similar structure existed at Penrith, New South Wales and five others were said to exist in the eastern Sepik region of Papua New Guinea and that these in turn matched other examples found in Egypt.

Claims seem to only come from here: www.mysteriousaustralia.com...

There's no pictures of these -- and you'd think that something that spectacular would have photos of it all around the web from believers who went there to see it. Pyramids are large and kind of hard to miss. Photos with matching stonework would be hard to miss. They'd be all over Google Earth and geotagged. So (no videos) where are the pictures?

As far back as the 1850's, the early settlers of the Gympie region found many relics belonging to ancient races including pottery fragments, metal tools, forged implements and carvings. One such find found in a field near Mothar Mountain east of Gympie was an ancient crudely hand-forged spoon of an unknown bronze alloy indicating great antiquity. It appeared to be Middle-Eastern in origin.

The treasure hunting site appears to be the main source for this. Another source that shows the object also notes that it looked like those used for mercury mining. There's no information about how the object was dated:
wildwildaustralia.com...

In 1890, a stepped pyramid structure was found in jungle near Gordonvale south of Cairns.

Well known volcanic hill. You can see pictures at this site -- look at the height of it and the shape. It's not manmade.
www.cairns-australia.com...

At Long Island situated in the Whitsunday Passage, lies a wreck of a ship, when in c. 1890, a local sheep farmer named Kean came across some silver cutlery and pieces of silver plate. Further up on the land near the wreck, past the high water mark, he found a Spanish coin and, about 200 yards farther inland, more coins, both silver and gold. Another mystery!

A fuller version of the story is here: stradbrokeislandgalleon.com... No one has ever turned up any of the treasure that was reported to be found to confirm that it was Spanish coin, etc. The shipwreck page is pretty interesting, though, and it does appear there really is a shipwreck there. The question is "whose"?

Furthermore, a Grecian coin c. 23 BC. and more scarabs were found in Cairns / Gordonvale regions as well as rock inscriptions in 1910 and 1978 suggesting that a second Egyptian colony had begun c. 200 – 300 BC. In the Brisbane 'Sunday Sun' newspaper dated 24th July, 1989, a feature article stated a small stone scarab with hieroglyphics – an amulet or seal of office for an important official had been unearthed in 1910 at Mossman, North Queensland.

You can see it on this page: www.crystalinks.com... (look for "Gordonvale".) It's a really awful fake by someone who has no idea what real scarabs look like and what real Egyptian inscribed scarabs looked like. Scarabs aren't seals of office, by the way. They were buried with the dead and (after 1500 BC) used to commemorate some important events. Very late in the period they were used as amulets. This Wikipedia article shows several "tourist trade" scarabs:
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's what real ones look like:
en.wikipedia.org...

2000 year-old Greek and Ptolemaic coins were reportedly found at numerous coastal locations in northern Australia.

Newspaper report, yes. The coin, however, isn't in any museum or shown in any collection. So where are they?
en.wikipedia.org...

A Rameses I royal cartouche (an oval ring enclosing Egyptian hieroglyphics) estimated to be several thousand years old was dug up in North Queensland in 1911.

Again... photos? Museum location?

In 1912, workmen digging a well shaft at Gordonvale south of Cairns unearthed at a depth of 12 feet, a large rock carved in the form of a scarab beetle, an object of worship in ancient Egypt.

No photos or drawings that I can find. Can you find any? We'll look at it.

Just east of Gympie, Queensland, in the 1930's, a highly respected early pioneer of the forest industry while inspecting new areas of old forests between Mt. Wolvi and Mt. Wahpunga west of Lakes Como and Cootharaba in the Cooloola National Park region, uncovered a very ancient 37cm chalice with removable lid/handle embedded in the clay of an old gully water flow.

The treasure hunting site appears to be the source of this, but I don't see any articles or museum photos, etc, that show the thing or any other proof that it exists. Can you find more on it somewhere that doesn't cite the treasure hunting site?

In 1998, the current owner of the artefact consulted two antique dealers. In their opinion, they believed the object was extremely old and possibly Egypto-Greek because of the patterns displayed.

Again, is there a photo?

A golden scarab was found on the eastern side of Mothar Mountain east of Gympie in 1959 along with strange inscriptions on a large rock in the same region.

I don't see a single newspaper report on this or anything else. The treasure hunting site appears to be the source of this.

Mr. C. Morton of Gordonvale near Cairns, Queensland, reported in 1960 that at Boogie, an engineer Mr. W. Johnstone while on a bush surveying expedition came across a moss covered slab of what was thought to be stone but was in fact, a slab of cut marble. It was recovered and cleaned to reveal symbols cut into the stone of an unknown origin but in fact resembled Egyptian. Apparently Australian Museums ignored all the photographs but the British Museum identified the inscriptions as possibly Phoenician.

It's interesting that there are NO tourist photos of this (that I can find) or other articles (other than perhaps those which cite ”Pyramids of Destiny - Lost Pacific Colonies of the Bronze Age God-Kings” by Rex and Heather Gilroy as a source.)

A jade Ankh (the cross of life) was uncovered near Murgon west of Gympie in 1964. At Ipswich in Queensland during 1965, yielded a cache of hand-forged bronze-copper and iron tools plus pottery and coins dating back more than 2000 years. The artefacts were claimed to be of Egyptian origin.

Treasureenterprises is apparently the source for this. I don't see any photos of this do you?

A carved stone statue (now known as the famous Gympie 'Ape Idol') was unearthed when a field was being ploughed (c. 1966) near the site of the 'Gympie Pyramid'. Two theories is that (a) It could be in fact a replica of the Egyptian god Thoth – the God of Wisdom and Inventor of the Arts of Writing which could be at least 3000 years old and was made from local ironstone. Or (cool.gif It could be one of the missing sacrificial statues for the Chinese God of Longevity buried in the great south land by Cheng Ho during his voyage of 1432(?).This near metre high artefact is currently displayed in a glass case at the Gympie District Historical and Gold Mining Museum.

Honestly, this looks nothing like Thoth. It does, however, look a lot like a natural formation and even more like one of the "ape man" suits from "Planet of the Apes."

Here's the "ape idol: www.mysteriousaustralia.com...
Here's a real Thoth Ape statue:
travel.webshots.com...
And another real one:
www.virtual-egyptian-museum.org.../Content/MET.MM.00145.html&0
The real ones have no forehead (or a small one), wide cheek flares, bulky body, and are shown seated with hands on knees. The Gimpie one has a huge forehead, no cheek flares, and no bulky sitting body.

In the late 1960's, Rockhampton in Central Queensland was credited with the finding of an Egyptian calendar stone and gold scarabs, gold coins and other artefacts estimated to be aged around 2700 BC.

Do you have any links? I don't see a single thing about this or any photos. Calendar stone (BTW, the Egyptians didn't have any) would be a find that Rockhampton would want on public display to bring in tourists.

During a dig in 1969 at Cooktown, two gold coins of the Ptolemy period c. 200 BC were discovered.
In 1976, a team of researchers from the Soils Division of the C.S.R.I.O. whilst using a sand auger at Hook Point on Fraser Island, Queensland, recovered at a depth of 2.2 to 2.4 metres, an ancient Celtic lead fishing weight which measured 6cm x 11cm which had a hole in it which indicates an attachment to a fishing net. Extensive studies were carried out and it appears that it was left on the beach somewhere around 1235 – 1400 AD. It is now in the Queensland Museum.

The coins in the Queensland Museum appear to have been bought legally from Egypt and found in Egypt:
www.uq.edu.au...

An obelisk stone with a pyramid apex was found in scrubland at Coen in North Queensland in 1978.

Is there any source for this other than the treasure enterprises site? Something with photos, maybe?

In the early 1990's, two elderly men, John Mansell and Ken McKinnon located a small 8 inch (200mm) high carved sandstone/granite head resembling Easter Island art forms in the Tamaree area north-east of Gympie and a short distance from the 'Gympie Pyramid' site. It has not been identified.

Photos of this don't exist, although it's mentioned in an ebook that someone wants to sell. It's said that this is in the Gimpie Museum, but the museum doesn't list it nor are there photos of it in its place in the museum: gympiemuseum.com...

A weathered fragment of an old wooden carved object was found in 1997 at the same Gympie site preserved from the weather by a collapsed rock wall. The carving fragment depicts a deity sitting in a squat position holding a portion ledge covering? Intricate line inscriptions can still be seen but cannot be translated. The origin of the artefact again may be Indian/Tamil or Asian/Polynesian. As for age, this has not been determined but it is considered to be several hundred years old and pre-European.

News story? Anything concrete on this?

An unidentified hand carved jade-like knife handle depicting a monkey-type creature was uncovered on a quartz-sand hillside east of Gympie where an ancient pre-European/non-Aboriginal site investigation was being carried out in June 1998 by local researchers. The artefact may be of Indian/Tamil or Asian/Polynesian origin.

Can anyone find any photos or details on this -- other than on the treasure hunting site or a book on ancient artifacts that someone's trying to sell?

Aboriginal drawings at the Herberton Aboriginal Gallery in North Queensland, supposedly depict an Egyptian Nile plant.

Can anyone locate such an art gallery? The four sources on the net that I find appear to get their information from the Treasure Enterprises site. I don't see any photos of this... perhaps someone can turn it up?

Magnetic metallic granite artefacts similar to Black Mountain rocks outside Cooktown, North Queensland were supposedly found at the great pyramid in Egypt.

Granite isn't metallic. Nor is it magnetic.

There is a story of a North Queensland cattleman who used to serve his dinner guests off gold plates fashioned from melted down coins found on the station.

A fun story, but which cattleman? What did he do with the plates? His family would probably keep them, you know, or donate them to a museum. Where are they?

On Tuesday 10th February, 2004, the Brisbane 'Courier Mail' has an article (page 13) which reports Phoenician relics being found near Armstrong's Beach south of Sarina. It includes, which is to believed a sceptre of black cast steel, weighing 8 kg with a hammered flat tip at one end.

The Courier Mail is online... but the only source seems to be the treasure hunting site (which doesn't have a picture of the article that I can see.) Do you have an independent site and a photo?

Reports of ancient stone carvings have also been found in the area. Val Osborn and Gil Deem also mention of a headland near Freshwater Point which contains sparkling specks of telluride which is a mix of gold and silver in a seam in the cliff. It appears that this seam was worked extensively a long, long time ago). The full report of this find can be read in the above mentioned article).

Any links other than to the treasure site/unexplained mysteries site?

Aboriginal legend has it, that a possible Spanish galleon still remains buried with its treasure at the southern end of Stradbroke Island at Eighteen Mile Swamp, 2 miles north of Swan Bay or approximately 5km north of Jumpinpin. An article on this "treasure" can be read in the 'Australian Gold, Gem & Treasure' magazine. December 2006). There is also a web-site that relates to this as well, and can be viewed at: www.stradbrokeislandgalleon.com

Yes, might be treasure there. But it's not unexplained -- Spaniards did visit the area. Same with Point Piper -- it's an interesting tale and the wreck is certainly possible.

A 2000 year-old axe blade identified as Middle-Eastern was found in 1960 in inland New South Wales.

Anything further on this? I'd like to see the axe blade and find out where it is.

In 1969 about eight miles from Sydney, the Gladesville Bridge area produced hand-forged fragments of iron pottery inscribed with symbols and ancient deity representations claimed to be of Egyptian/Phoenician origin.

I don't see any photos or any sites about this, do you? Or any other site that gives more detail.

In 1980, a woman unearthed a carved stone head of the Chinese Goddess Shao Lin – the Protectress of Mariners near Milton, New South Wales. This is on display at Rex Gilroy's Museum in Tamworth, New South Wales.

There is no goddess called "Shao Lin/Shaolin": en.wikipedia.org...
Can't find any images, and a museum for him isn't listed. Might be under another name.

An amber glass obelisk-shaped pin at least 5000 years was found in a field at Kyogle in Northern New South Wales in 1983.
Two large carved stone heads were excavated close to where the Nepean River adjoins the Hawkesbury River, New South Wales – one of these heads is bearded. It has been suggested, that they may be of Middle-eastern design possibly Phoenician and are extremely old. They appear to be identical to the Phoenician Sun God Mithras and Earth Mother Goddess Demeter which were unearthed by a farmer many years ago from ancient river gravels near Richmond.

Can anyone find images of these? Or any place other than Rex Gilroy's site and "unexplained mysteries" sites? Tourist photos, maybe?

A 4th century BC Egyptian figurine and a Roman seal ring (both of which were authenticated) were discovered at The Rocks in Sydney, New South Wales while archaeologists were excavating the site prior to construction of then new ANA Hotel.

This account should have been in newspapers... but I don't find any newspapers reporting it. Perhaps someone can help us find this?

Located on the Hawkesbury River in New South Wales found in recent years was another carved stone statue similar to the one found near the 'Gympie Pyramid'. Could this have been the third and final statue from the Chinese Emperor left behind by Cheng Ho?

Again... pictures? Newspaper articles? If it was found in recent years, it should be all over the news? I might be typing the wrong thing. Perhaps someone can find a link to a news article?

During building site excavations at Dee Why, Sydney, a perfectly preserved old war mask was found by architect Mr. Neil Durbach of Sydney. Archaeologists have reputedly dated it as being at least 2000 to 3000 years old and of ancient Aztec origins. It is believed that it may have originated from the Inca fortress of Sasay Ituaman in Peru.

He's quite a famous architect, so why isn't it listed in news stories?

And what archaeologist would date it as being Aztec and 2,000-3,000 years old. The Aztec empire was about 1200 AD to 1500 AD. That's not 2,000 years old:
en.wikipedia.org...

In recent times, an onyx rock carved in the form of a scarab was dug up by a man near the Nepean River outside Penrith, New South Wales, which lies on the eastern side of the Blue Mountains, where, at Katoomba some years ago, council workmen dug up from a depth of 18 feet, a small black stone bearing Phoenician letterings believed to spell the name Thuffi.

Photos? Confirming news stories? I don't see any. Without some sort of outside confirmation, all we have is "A moderator from ATS, Byrd, dug up ancient Inuit artifacts during an expedition to the Morrison Fossil Beds. They have been dated to 5000 BC and Ogham script on the objects show they were dedicated to the worship of Sedna." (I totally made that up...but there's nothing that stops me from doing that or things from appearing on the web if I make a website about these artifacts and include any claim I like to make.)

In early 2004, a lucky Central New South Wales treasure hunter metal detecting around an old house built in the 1880's found a Roman coin (Billon Antoninus of Carinus) minted between 283 AD - 285AD). How did that get there? In 2002, a treasure hunter using a metal detector at Port Phillip Bay found a Roman coin depicting Lucinus I c. 307 – 324 AD.

And where's the news stories? Papers love stuff like this. So do gem and coin magazines.

An Australian 'Stonehenge' was reportedly discovered on the Nullarbor Plains, South Australia by Mr. Len Beadell while surveying areas for atomic tests at the time.

Again... pictures? News stories? Articles?

Ancient Aboriginal cave paintings depict European women and bearded men wearing Babylonian-styled hats exist in the Kimberley ranges of N.W. Australia. These can still be seen today.

Then there should be photos. Do you have any? We can compare them to Babylonian clothing.

At the Kimberleys of N.W. Australia in the early 1900's, an Aboriginal clan who had never seen a white man was found to be using ancient Masonic hand signs, words and symbols of Egyptian origin, worshipping the sun and the moon; had a Mother Earth and snake cult spiritually; performed expert ritualised circumcisions of all men; and practiced mummification of the dead in the same manner of the Egyptians.

I bet the Aborigines of the area would be very angry over this falsehood. Ancient Egyptians would be furious at this mishmash of their culture ideas -- and I'm sure the Masons would demand to see the hand signs.

In 1963 a team of skin divers located the old Dutch ship ‘Batavia’ wrecked on a reef in 1629 in the Alrolhos, a group of islands and reefs 45 miles from Geraldton, Western Australia, which contained a valuable amount of treasure.

That's an old Dutch ship. Nothing mysterious about that.

Noted Perth skin diver, the late Allan Robinson believed he discovered the remains of an ancient Phoenician trireme (boat) off nearby King Sound, where an unnamed prospector had dug up a 2700 year old Phoenician bronze inscribed plate.

Yes, he believed he found one -- no confirmation of this. No confirmation of a "2700 year old Phoenician brone plate." Can someone turn up a reliable source showing this plate exists?

Miners in the north of Australia claimed to have found apparent ancient open-cut copper mines in the Kimberley coastal area where fragments of Palestinian and other pottery have been unearthed.

So where's the pottery and who are the miners?

(etc)

Mysterious ruins consisting of huge stone blocks were found on New Hannover Island in the Bismarck Archipelago many years ago by a Government Patrol Officer Mr. Ray Sherridan. He also found a large stone idol of a human-bodied, bird-headed deity, and nearby strange symbols that included a chariot. He believed the ruin resembled an Egyptian sun-worship temple.

There should be photos, but I don't see any. Do you?

So far, we've seen shipwreck reports of ships common to the area, descriptions of finds that aren't reported in newspapers or anywhere else, some really bad fakes -- but what we haven't seen is important.

For most of them, I haven't seen:
* newspaper reports that confirm these things
* confirmed photos of these items by multiple people (very important)
* museum listings of these things as exhibits
* coin/art catalog listings of these valuable things

Now, my search was only a quick look. Let's see if someone can find photos and better evidence about these things I'm questioning.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Ok -you looked up wickipedia and found this:

Significant work on the origin was undertaken by a Gympie historian, Dr. Elaine Brown, during the 1990s and early 2000s in which she found that the terraced structure was constructed by a Swiss horticulturist in the late 1880s.

But here is the story of an archeology student who decided to check the story out for himself.

The Gympie Pyramid; a nice little mystery that Australian Academia likes to ignore

Probably one of the most interesting things about the Gympie Pyramid is that the entire Academic and Archaeological "Establishment" of Australia likes to pretend that it is not there and refuses to do any form of serious investigation into it. More over they refuse to apply basic science to test the "myth". The quote above is an excellent example of this strange and unscientific attitude. A thorough, scientific survey and excavation of the site would solve the mystery one way or the other; but no the old head in the sand technique is preferred. The fact is that the Gympie Pyramid is a serious, famous and unexplained archaeological anomaly that causes hackles to rise on the necks of our most learned historians and archaeologists, they gnash their teeth and tug their hair like Spanish Inquisitors confronted by an unrepentant heretic but they still refuse to go there. Why is that? cont.................

www.stradbrokeislandgalleon.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
aaarrrgghhhh the government!!! (pumps fist at the sky)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

The content of that site is interesting and has been posted a lot on ATS over the years. The guy clearly believes that the hill is a pyramid. There must be some 5000 words in there and not a single compelling image that looks like an artificial pyramid. I've never understood people's will to believe in the 'Gympie Pyramid' and yet here you are prepared to actually debate its 'reality.'

The pyramids in Egypt and Sudan litter the landscape. Surrounding the pyramids are the causeways, town foundations, cemeteries and signs of human habitation. They come from a history that is fairly well known. Likewise, over in Teotihuacan, we have a structure that's clearly man-made and is surrounded by the signs of human life and death. Whether in Egypt, Sudan or S America, all these pyramids have been photographed and anyone can see that they are man-made.

The 'Gympie pyramid' has none of these features and doesn't look like a pyramid in any conventional sense. What little literature is available on the bizarre claims has one or two supporters and the rest have dismissed the notion. Even locals aren't convinced and no visitors passing through have seen anything more than a hill.

"When I first saw the so-called pyramid for myself it was difficult to believe that we were at the right place. It's just an ordinary low grassy hill by the main road from Gympie to Tin Can Bay with an irregular covering of trees, a couple of straggly patches of prickly pear, some old stone, some dead wood bulldozed into piles, some discarded bits of barbed wire and other rubbish, and a lot of cow pats left by grazing cattle."
skeptica.dk...

The guy who wrote this wrote a book on the wild claims of Aussie 'lost history' and went up to Gympie to see for himself. This was published in 1985 in Omega Science Digest,

"What are we left with? The facts are (probably) that the Gympie 'Golden' pyramid is actually an ordinary hill terraced by early Italian immigrants for viniculture that has been disfigured by erosion and the removal of stone from the retaining walls for use elsewhere; the stone wall around Gympie's Surface Hill Uniting Church is exactly what the Rev Mr Geddes says it is -- a wall made from irregular, freshly quarried stone. The 'Gympie Ape/Iron Man' statue was carved by a Chinese gold prospector and later abandoned. The sun symbol and snakes were carved quite recently. The prickly pear was introduced to Australia by early settlers journeying via South America. As for all the supporting statements by the various authorities, all but a few unimportant ones fade away as one after another proves to be a misquote, a falsification or an outright fabrication."
www.science-frontiers.com...

So where does that leave us? No doubt you still believe it's a pyramid and find it plausible that there are no good images of the 'pyramid?' Surely the cobbles of a dry stone wall aren't enough evidence to make the leap to believing in Aussie pyramids? I wonder why there's no signs of a constructor civilisation in Australia's past to be responsible for this 'pyramid.' Although you'll disagree through a 'will to believe,' unless there's better evidence than a shaggy dog story and a guy's website...it's just a hill.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
NO DOUBT...In 1909 I believe it was they found proof that the Egyptians had a secret tomb deep within the Grand Canyon as well which was also covered up one day after it made front page news

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join