It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Now I know this will have been discussed to death on here before many times. But I have checked back a dozen or so pages and unless I've missed something there's no topic on this recently, though people have probably just got fed up of the subject in fairness.

But anyway, was it all a hoax from the very beginning?

Do they have meaning?

I know it's been proven that a few humans and some very basic tools can make these within a few hours. But the more elaborate one's I'm not so sure about. I mean some of them are really quite artistic, and I don't see how a bunch of people on the ground could make it so that all the various shapes and sizes are in perfect alignment and such. Surely they'd need help from above the ground to direct them?
edit on 15/12/11 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

I would start here:

www.earthfiles.com...

Earthfiles is actually fairly good in my opinion and a great place to get names and information for further research.

I must admit I haven't looked into this in enough depth to be able to speak very intelligently on the topic but from what I've read I believe some are caused by a non-human source and many are human made. Regardless of who makes hem they seem to have some sort of mystical effect on people's psyche.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Much appreciated!

There seems to be quite a bit to read but I'll get round to it for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think most folks with their wits about them have a hard time swallowing the whole crop circle thing. If they are some sort of real phenom, I can't imagine they are alien related. I mean, bend space and time to travel to our little craphole only to make drawings in a bunch of weeds? Hard to swallow......

Plus, there is no real evidence they are not man made. Many will argue that, but no matter how hard they argue it doesn't change the fact that all the "evidence" is bullhockey when REALLY looked into.

Give me 10K and one season and I could bust the whole crop circle thing wide open. Which makes me think, why hasn't one of those stupid reality shows already gone ahead and put the final nail in the crop circle phenom yet?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

Though, I'm not really a follower of David Wilcock's or Michael Tsarion, both have discussed in length about the subject of the crop circles. I did look into the subject for awhile and I definitely do not believe the crop circles are man made. For one, this has been going on for much longer than most people realize, back into the mid 1800's if I remember correctly. There have been many farmers who have spoken out about this happening on their lands and often more than once to the same farmer's. There is one that showed up after NASA sent out a message into space to see if there were any reply on some type of computerized sound frequency. The message sent out was something of the context of we are human, we have 24 chromosomes in our DNA and some other stuff I don't recall. Shortly after a "crop circle" was discovered and there was a picture of an alien face, an encrypted message in something similar to hyregliphics (sorry can't think of the correct spelling it's late lol). In deciphering the message it gave basic information like coordinates in space and that they were friendly. I probably am not helping much with the description. It's been so long since I've looked into it in any depth. You can go to you tube and do a search for crop circles and projectcamelot.org and find some well known researcher's video interviews. I'm sure that I've seen a couple of really good interviews on that subject there. But, I've seen far too many interviews that project camelot did to recall who was speaking about them in more scientific documented information.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Maybe, if some are indeed not man made, they're some kind of map or lay-out for some sort of landing/invasion that's to come? Or a warning sent from something that isn't human related that we have yet to decipher or the powers that be have kept from us? Hmm, you can tell I've been a member on here a few days, my imagination is starting to run away with me.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandypie

Interesting post.

And yet with the man-made one's a lot of the belief that they could be something extremely interesting and valuable to us has been lost. They just aren't taken seriously any more it seems.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

Everything what you want about the crop circles:

khup.com...

www.colinandrews.net...

For some reasons I decided to stop my attention again on them.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I think most folks with their wits about them have a hard time swallowing the whole crop circle thing. If they are some sort of real phenom, I can't imagine they are alien related. I mean, bend space and time to travel to our little craphole only to make drawings in a bunch of weeds? Hard to swallow......

I think it is faulty logic to assume this world is a little craphole.It might be, but then again it might be a key to something we don't yet understand. In addition it might be relatively easy for certain technology levels to show up here leave a mark in a field. We have people on this planet that will pay lots of money just for a ride into sub orbital space.

I personally don't think Crop Circles have an extra terrestrial origin, but I wouldn't dismiss it with that logic.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Based on what I have seen looking into the phenomenon. Many are man made, however the more elaborate ones are not. You can tell usually by looking. The craftsmanship is perfect. Even down to the little swirls in the middle of the circles where the stalks are whipped up intertwining with eachother. There have even been documentations of radiation eminating from the circles. I have no idea exactly what these mean. Although there has been speculation such as the ones depicting mayan cosmological symbols.
edit on 15-1-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

That's the point I was making, that in my opinion some of them are simply too fancy and too technical to be done by a few students with nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I'm definitely convinced that at least a few of them are genuine and that they obviously have some meaning.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Here's my problem with crop circles:

They've been proven to be able to be manmade, simply, with cheap tools and only a little time and planning.

There's zero evidence of any other creation mechanism.

When it comes down to it, we've seen people make crop circles, we've had people come forward about extremely intricate designs and we have nothing that otherwise connects circles to anything other than works (of art) of man. Other than the circles themselves (which has been shown to be very do-able by humans), is there any evidence that points to anything other than a manmade origin?

reply to post by Trapt

Why do crop circles have to be done by college students on a weekend bender? There are genuine acts of artistic expression that surface in many varied and different ways. Consider Scott Wade, who works with the dust on the rear windows of dirty cars (For instance). Why do the people who do crop circles have to be anything other than artists who are actually proud (albeit anonymous) about their art?

We see this sort of thing all the time in graffiti and many other styles of expression that are all but anonymous. Crop circles don't have to be "hoaxing" in their intent, they're just a means of artistic expression that is very big and noticeable. Many have a sort of scientific, mathematic or alien-ish bent because that's what's associated with crop circles. Does that mean they have to be associated with something out of this world?
edit on 1/15/2011 by EsSeeEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
Here's my problem with crop circles:

They've been proven to be able to be manmade, simply, with cheap tools and only a little time and planning.

There's zero evidence of any other creation mechanism.

When it comes down to it, we've seen people make crop circles, we've had people come forward about extremely intricate designs and we have nothing that otherwise connects circles to anything other than works (of art) of man. Other than the circles themselves (which has been shown to be very do-able by humans), is there any evidence that points to anything other than a manmade origin?

reply to post by Trapt

Why do crop circles have to be done by college students on a weekend bender? There are genuine acts of artistic expression that surface in many varied and different ways. Consider Scott Wade, who works with the dust on the rear windows of dirty cars (For instance). Why do the people who do crop circles have to be anything other than artists who are actually proud (albeit anonymous) about their art?

We see this sort of thing all the time in graffiti and many other styles of expression that are all but anonymous. Crop circles don't have to be "hoaxing" in their intent, they're just a means of artistic expression that is very big and noticeable. Many have a sort of scientific, mathematic or alien-ish bent because that's what's associated with crop circles. Does that mean they have to be associated with something out of this world?
edit on 1/15/2011 by EsSeeEye because: (no reason given)

As well even hoaxers themselves have claimed to witness a lot of phenomena whilst out in the fields. Cannot just throw the whole thing away because a couple pricks manage to make crop circles.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
My stance is that all crop circles are man made.

There are two main groups who create them, the first is for art and for the thrill of sneaking out at night and creating these works of art.

The second is to turn a profit, crop circles, particularly in the UK is a lucrative business.

So, onto the evididence!

Firstly a fairly comprehensive documentary discussing crop circles, this aired on National Geographic a few years ago.

Nancy Talbot is interviewed here, who is often cited as one who believe these are man made.

The documentary raises some very good points about her 'investigations', my favourite is the lack of an actual crop scientist.

Another thing to note about Nancy is her association with Robbert Van Den Broeke:

Here the "UFO" appears to be a little higher over the car, and smaller. It appears to be made up of light-balls, perhaps revolving inside a light-ring?

"UFO #3," Robbert turns toward Roy & "UFO" now seems to be directly over Roy's head.

UFOs" #53, #54. Is this a shadow of "UFO" in lower left corner of photo?

www.bltresearch.com...

She even took some of those images herself.

Interesting, no?

So, what else shows that they're man made?

How about the evolution of GPS technology and the intricacy of crop cicles?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about a crop circle conference with tours of crop circles booked months in advance?

Circles of knowledge conference 2010

How are they to know that there will even be any crop circles around when they have these tours?

Unless they make them themselves...

Such as the one that 'appeared' the day before the conference...

This year's Circles of Knowledge Conference took place on 14 & 15th August. Once again we welcomed crop circle and ancient knowledge enthusiasts from all over the world and brought them together in the beautiful surroundings of Marlborough College in Wiltshire.

We were blessed on Friday 13th with a new crop circle not far from the venue, unfortunately the weather was not being so kind to us! Friday's tours to Avebury and West Kennett Longbarrow however dodged the showers and the scheduled helicopter flights were able to sweep people over the landscape as planned, and much to passengers delight, many of the circles had not yet been harvested as we had feared.

You were able to book a helicopter flight, to see these crop circles too, it was only a measly £85 for a 15 minute flight!

I could go on so I will leave you with a couple of links to peruse at your leisure.

www.ufologie.net...

circlemakers.org...

edit on 15/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

The evidence is you ignoring the facts.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I'm still not convinced that they are all man made. I just don't buy that a bunch of guys, no matter how skilled or artistic, can create some of the patterns that I've seen, not without a lot of help and effort.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Back in 2008 i went to FOSSTON Minnesota to a small farm that had a crop circle and i was able to walk in and see this crop circle ..this crop circle didnt look like a hoax to me at al..l it was done perfect and i could feel the vibration when i walked on the flatned corn and so did other people it was strange ..I dont belive this was done by 2 people and a board..after seeing this it made a beliver out of me..Of course the farmer was mad he lost alot of money in crops but what a site to see! ~~

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have studied over 200 hours, wrote 3 papers and visited 5, 4 that were claimed genuine and 1 hoax so bad it was laughable.

Without a doubt in my mind, they are not all man made. The absolute precision needed to create some of the ones I have seen could never have been completed under the cover of one night.

There was one circle that took 2 nights to do and it was proven to be done by humans, but what was found was that the circle was far from perfect and lacked any magnetic signature nor the perfectly bent crop stems found in more genuine circles.

During my research, I have spoken with a guy that creates circles for commercial purposes and even he told me that it was beyond their abilities the reproduce some of the perfect monster circles that have cropped up in the last decade. He even admitted to me that he believes that some are not made by humans.

Here is a very informative site that goes into much detail about crop circles.

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Good luck and keep reading
Sirric

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

"Aliens sent crop circles, as a sign that they are coming to earth! Oh no!"
Yeah right. There is no mystery behind crop circles. It was just these people that made circles in fields around the world...they did that just to get attention.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharky75

Yes, because you have actual facts to back that up. Don't you?
edit on 15/12/11 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join