It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Troll Conspiracy On ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've been here for a while and has at least some idea on the people who you're calling "trolls". I think you're giving these people too much credit by calling them Government disinfo agents. Personally, I think they're just people who exercise the use of their analytical skills and aren't as quick to jump into conclusions as most.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In reply to which thread I choose to read, typically it's one that seems the most interesting at that point in time. I mostly find myself going back and forth between the same threads though strangely.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I laughed when I read the first post. No offense to the OP, I didn't mean it as an insult. But it made me think of someone who becomes paranoid of a conspiracy in everything

I mean, how many people do you know who go around being an ass just because its fun? Or just because they are in a pissed off mood and want to take it out on someone else? I can think of 100 different reasons why someone go on a posting rant in a thread. It doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to create disinformation.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
How do you choose which thread you will read? I believe alot of people look at the ratio of replies vs. Flags.
A thread with 60 replies and only 5 flags isn't too appealing and probably a waste of valuable conspiracy hunting time.
However, A thread with 60 replies and 100 flags never dissapoints.....
well you get the point. It is sure to be a thread you at least click on.

Enter Government Disinfo Agents AKA Trolls.
It occured to me the other day that armed with this information it would be very easy to take a thread that gets too close to the truth and boost up the number of replies compared to the number of flags by simply inserting ones self into a thread and being a complete ass. This is sure to draw the fire of the ever loyal and vigilant ATS crowed and within a single page....Voila, a thread has been hijacked.

What could have been a thread with 30 replies and 40 flags turns rather quickly into a thread with 150 replies and 40 flags.

My conspiracy mind may just be working overtime but I thought I'd mention it so that maybe the next time you are confronted with a troll in your midst you will have the wherewithal to simply ignore said troll so he/she doesn't artificially jack up the numbers in his/her favor.

Just a thought.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by Screwed because: spelling

I don't even know what flags are and how to do them!
I choose to read a thread from the title - and sometimes I am very disappointed.
Vicky

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I just click on "Recent Posts" every morning, and don't pay any attention to flags and stars on a thread, I look for something that interests me. Some days I might spend 4 hours just reading in here. Lots of good information.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
yes I agree with you.
look at this one.
just because he can not put over a perfect conspiracy he gets rip't to pieces.
they thing he will do ALL the work.
and make it so a simpleton can understand it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
he put a lot of work and time in to that.

and as I say.
it may be two conspiracy's with the same name.
and that many not be a confidences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join