It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, ya'll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm Emmie. Not much else to say, I suppose. I think have to do this in order to post elsewhere, haha.
edit on 14-1-2011 by acidimpaled because: Post somewhere else

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by acidimpaled

Hi acidimpaled, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by acidimpaled

You can post in any thread without doing an intro, but its so much cooler if you do one anyway!

Welcome to ATS and our humble abode.

What brought you here?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidimpaled
I'm Emmie. Not much else to say, I suppose. I think have to do this in order to post elsewhere, haha.
edit on 14-1-2011 by acidimpaled because: Post somewhere else

Emmie, cute name!

So, what's your story - why are you here?

Here's mine: From my intro.

I am new to ATS and would like to take a few moments of your time to tell you about me so that you will have a frame of reference through which to filter my views and comments. I mean really what are we but the sum of our experiences and admittedly our personal views and even our personal prejudices as well, I know few people who do not have at least a few.

I am a 44 year old recently retired Military Officer. I initially served 10 years as an enlisted Soldier in starting as an Infantryman in 3/75 Ranger, Bn and moving on to serve as a Counterintelligence Special Agent holding positions as a Assistant Squad leader in Regimental Recon, Sniper Squad leader, CI Platoon Sergeant and Special Forces Engineer Sergeant.

After becoming an Officer, I initially served as a Battalion Intelligence Officer (S-2) for an Engineer Bn at Fort Bragg., Counterintelligence Platoon Leader and Executive Officer. I then attended the Q course again as an Officer and have since served as a Special Forces Officer, serving as a Team Leader, Company Commander (after getting wounded I also served a short tour in recruiting while in recovery).

I have deployed in support of many operations some of which I can comment on others not so much.

Again, I do not make these statements to mark myself a hero, I have served with many and I assure you I am just a guy who did my duty to the best of my abilities. I have loved and lost friends, peers and subordinates in the War on Terror both in Iraq, Afghanistan and other locations.

Please, again I am only sharing my experience so that you may know what I might be able to help with on the forums; while certainly there are many things about which I am a clueless as the average American - mostly math related.

I am married with on daughter who is 13 and live on a small farm in the Northwestern part of Missouri. It is paid for and I consider myself somewhat of a prepper but no to the extreme, laying in supplies and having con-plans for certain actions.

Our farm is mostly substance level making us what one would consider “semi-off the grid” we raise a small dairy herd of Holstein cows along with a small herd of dairy goats. We have laying hens, ducks, geese, we have not tried our hand at pork but successfully raised two steer for personal consumption last year. We have not started a garden yet but have plowed a 3 acre plot and planted winter rye in preparation for the spring.

I basically live off my retirement but my wife and I sub at the local county schools 3 times a week each for something to do and to supplement our income a little.

I grew up what I would consider lower middle class; both of my parents were hourly wage earners who did not finish HS (due to my arrival). I am not a religious person but have tired Christianity, (Baptist –total fail, WICCA – sort of appealing, and now tend toward the do unto others philosophy of good citizenship where a spiritual motivation is sort of irrelevant.

I am interested in: New World Order, UFOs, and Conspiracy theories and American Politics.

I have extensive leadership and combat experience along with having attended Ranger School, The Q course twice and much training on Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape Training along with counterintelligence source operations and interrogation methods.

I mostly have an open mind but admit I have some hot button issues and prejudices as I t think we all do but will do my best to temper my comments toward civility.

I promise I will give you fact when I believe it to be so and make a clear distinction between any facts and the conclusions or assertions I might make from my analysis of any facts.

Thanks for the welcomes in advance and If there is something upon which I may have expertise please don’t hesitate to ask, just don’t ask for my opinion then tell me I am wrong…It is a pet peeve of mine.

Opinions are just that, I will not judge yours – please don’t judge mine.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Hi Emmie, and Hi Golf! Nice to meet you all.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey, ya'll. So warm & welcoming
Well, I suppose I'm here because I like to hear what everyone has to say and not just the media, government, etc. I've been a frequent visitor since 6th grade (I'm in my first year of college now) & decided to FINALLY make an account.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If you can't tell, I'm not too good at conversation. I have a lot of friends, surprisingly, but unless I'm totally comfortable, I tend to sit back and listen. I enjoy intellectual conversation, and am always open to new ideas, and I'll of course be sure to check out all of your threads

top topics

join