It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks volunteer hires lawyers in Twitter fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

WikiLeaks volunteer hires lawyers in Twitter fight

news.cnet.com

An ex-WikiLeaks volunteer has hired American lawyers to oppose the U.S. government's efforts to obtain the contents of her Twitter account, CNET has learned.

Crowley declined to say whether Jónsdóttir is a criminal suspect--Assange is apparently being investigated for violations of the Espionage Act and conspiracy to bypass security of military computers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Just thought I would toss this in here as it somewhat relates to the criminal investigations. Please note that anyone who was getting tweats from WikiLeaks could go under investigation too. This will be something to keep in mind as the who trial thing with Assange escalates in court and in the news.

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

WikiLeaks demands Google and Facebook unseal US subpoenas

Source:www.guardian.co.uk...
Dated: Saturday 8 January 2011 15.36 GMT

Call comes after revelation that US has tried to force Twitter to release WikiLeaks members' private details

Does anyone know what is going on with the whole case of late? This topic in the news has quietened down very much. Thought I would give it a bump!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think they are purposely trying to keep it out of the news as much as possible to keep anymore attention from hitting it; hoping people will just move on and forget it, outta mind. Such as the Loughner "Distraction".

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadStarState
I think they are purposely trying to keep it out of the news as much as possible to keep anymore attention from hitting it; hoping people will just move on and forget it, outta mind. Such as the Loughner "Distraction".

The biggest reason why it has been dying down in tv media is exactly that...new distractions. Good thing for local news companies which continuously post & print their articles...hence why news is caught in the details, and not in the hype!

new topics

top topics

join