It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts Suspect Military Testing Behind Mass Bird and Fish Deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by Aggie Man
What a joke. Neither of these guys are experts in anything remotely related to a scientific field that would be qualified to investigate the cause of these mass die-offs. Sure, they may suspect (speculate) military testing is behind it; however, they are amateur in every sense of the word.

I agree, it's largely irresponsible for the OP to post this rubbish and then hold a discussion as if it were truth. I'm not saying that it's not truth, but portraying information in a dishonest way is not going to help anyone here on ATS.

However, the discussion is still going on with no others providing additional evidence. I will take this thread as proof that it is far easier to jump on a bandwagon and straw-man argument for the ATS community than I once thought.

Where's the deny ignorance here. The above posters seem mostly content to accept whatever rubbish is dangled in front of them as proof, so I will hold any future posts under much harsher scrutiny.

To the OP, not once did you point out the weakness of the article you posted. I have also not since seen it, and to hide behind "it was the article title" with no redaction is largely irresponsible as well.
edit on 2011/1/14 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

I am not sure where this anger is coming from. You have not read the entire thread very carefully. And once again, I will explain ATS policy on posting breaking news since you either did not read (carefully) my response or have never posted an item in "breaking news." When you post in breaking news YOUR title and THE ARTICLE'S TITLE are REQUIRED to be ONE AND THE SAME. If a redaction were to take place ATS policy would have to change. Which, I have not one bit of control over. Maybe, something to take up on "board business," if you wish to continue in that vein. And furthermore, if the article did not belong in "breaking news" the mods would have moved it to what would be considered a more appropriate forum. It happens all the time.

At numerous times in this post I have agreed with "debunkers" on their statements regarding the validity of the so called "experts" and have not claimed that anything to be fact that was a fact. Not one poster has claimed this article to be fact. It is mere speculation. Ummmmmm....you do realize you are on ATS correct?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I dont think anyone is discussing anthing other than theories. I also believe the site very much exists to discuss theories and look at possible alternatives.

One need not be a professional base ball player to hit a home run, so 'credentials' truly aren't what they are cracked up to be, and the deeper a conspiracy the less likely you are going to find proof of it on the Internet that meets a court of law standard.

But though you might be displeased with the quality of the source of the information, one thing remains that would seem to be true, is that you don't believe you have yet to find the real explanation for something that you consider to be important enough to look at the information the thread is based on.

You would likely only be doing that if you had a doubt in the honesty or integrity of what the Main Stream News Media has reported, so now if you can't find a definitive source that can meet scientific or court of law standards that verifies an alternative, all you are left with is the process of theory and conjecture and discussing and eliminating possibilities, and that's been an integral part of ATS since I joined the site.

Regardless a lot of people have suspicions regarding the rash of bird and fish deaths that have taken place recently and are looking for alternative answers, by looking at alternative sources, and theories and discussing their validity.

That is what ATS is all about. If you are actually dismissing what in all reality could be a rational and plausible theory simply because you don't like the credentials of the person presenting it, that to me would seem ignorant, because I hate to break it to you, the first rocket scientist was not a rocket scientist because there was no rocket scientist school for him to go too, he had to invent it all himself.

edit on 14/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

I don't have a problem with the article. I don't even doubt it's truth. I have a problem with this:

I guess it was not fireworks. (and we were all so fooled!!!) I have not seen this article yet posted on ATS. I have tried to keep up to date on the massive bird and fish deaths and stumbled on this article today. It makes me angry that the media has downplayed all of these global incidents. Even the term "Aflockoplyse" makes me angry. It seems a very back-handed way of making fun of death and conspiracy theorists. Maybe the truth is finally sneaking its way out. Hope I'm not a double poster person.

www.salem-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Matter of fact opening line, as if this were definitive proof and not speculation or theory. The rest is speculation on top of speculation that was toted around as fact when it is not.

Originally posted by queenof
I am not sure where this anger is coming from. You have not read the entire thread very carefully. And once again, I will explain ATS policy on posting breaking news since you either did not read (carefully) my response or have never posted an item in "breaking news." When you post in breaking news YOUR title and THE ARTICLE'S TITLE are REQUIRED to be ONE AND THE SAME. If a redaction were to take place ATS policy would have to change. Which, I have not one bit of control over. Maybe, something to take up on "board business," if you wish to continue in that vein. And furthermore, if the article did not belong in "breaking news" the mods would have moved it to what would be considered a more appropriate forum. It happens all the time.

At numerous times in this post I have agreed with "debunkers" on their statements regarding the validity of the so called "experts" and have not claimed that anything to be fact that was a fact. Not one poster has claimed this article to be fact. It is mere speculation. Ummmmmm....you do realize you are on ATS correct?

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Make sure the story is not more than 48 hours old. Old news is not breaking news and more importantly, it's probably already posted.

* Make sure it is a news story and not just an op/ed or some blogger's opinion. Invalid news items will be moved, closed or deleted.

* Make sure you have a valid working permanent link to the story. If there is no link or the link ends up broken or "expired" your story may be moved, closed or deleted.

* If it's a widely reported story please try to included multiple sources in the fields provided. Also, please make use of the related ATS threads section to highlight background information or related discussions that may be ongoing. Just paste the ATS URL into the boxes and the title of the thread should show up automatically.

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated), too obscure or already biased. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. (This is a judgement call and may be modified by a moderator.)

* Use the comment field for your opinion, spin, or other commentary on the news article. One-line posts or short posts simply repeating the quoted snippet are not enough. We want to see what you think of the story or why you think it's important.

* Please note that there is a character limit of 500 characters for the copied story snippet. Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

* As always, expectations of quality as well as civility within the news forum are higher than the regular forums. Conduct yourselves accordingly.

Taken from the Stickied Threads at the top of this forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofjacob

spec·u·late (spky-lt) KEY

VERB:
spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing, spec·u·lates
VERB:
intr.

To meditate on a subject; reflect.
To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence. See Synonyms at think.
To engage in the buying or selling of a commodity with an element of risk on the chance of profit.
education.yahoo.com...

In case you want to go on about "speculation". I like the fact that a synonym for speculate is also "think." No one has been trying to trick you. And if this was the catalyst that made you realize that yes, you do need to think and question what you read on "all threads" and in life itself than I would consider that a lesson well learned.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is the expressed opinion of the Original Poster in their introduction to the article.

What are they saying that offends you so? "I guess it wasn't fireworks?" that they took a guess, and that you took the fact that they are saying they guess it must not have been fireworks to confer there for it must be this, because they have posted a written article with a non-firework theory that may have prompted them to say "I guess it wasn't fireworks"?

Doesn't seem like a dishonest statement, and it doesn't seem like they are saying that this alternative is the absolute truth, just that they are looking at and in this case posting alternatives because they are "Guessing it's not fireworks".

So I myself haven't written the same meaning between the lines you have, that wasn't written in the lines that they wrote, that you seem to believe was some kind of absolute statement, that wasn't made, but that you are trying to base an argument on the presumption you seem to have invented that was made, to assail a premise and an argument that wasn't made.

I think the thread has given a few different people a chance to post opinions and information and for the most part led to a some what quality discussion, don't be afraid to contribute to it in a positive way. Thanks!

edit on 14/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is the expressed opinion of the Original Poster in their introduction to the article.

What are they saying that offends you so? "I guess it wasn't fireworks?" that they took a guess, and that you took the fact that they are saying they guess it must not have been fireworks to confer there for it must be this, because they have written an article that prompted them to say "I guess it wasn't fireworks"?

Doesn't seem like a dishonest statement, and it doesn't seem like they are saying that this alternative is the absolute truth, just that they are looking at and in this case posting alternatives because they are "Guessing it's not fireworks".

So I myself haven't written the same meaning between the lines you have, that wasn't written in the lines that they wrote, that you seem to believe was some kind of absolute statement, that wasn't made, but that you are trying to base an argument on the presumption you seem to have invented that was made, to assail a premise and an argument that wasn't made.

I think the thread has given a few different people a chance to post opinions and information and for the most part led to a some what quality discussion, don't be afraid to contribute to it in a positive way. Thanks!

Thank you I couldn't have said it better. And I really meant that "guessing it's not fireworks" as very tongue in cheek. Because it has been such a joke lately....I guess it did not translate.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofjacob

You are welcome, I think it was a great find, because it's from a smaller publication that not everyone normally reads with an alternative theory always makes such a article worth posting so members can see it and decide for themselves.

That's what the Alternative News Forum is all about.

Finding and presenting alternative news articles, and sharing your own comments about it when presenting it.

To tell you the truth, I haven't read the article though I was tempted, and I rarely ever do, I simply am posting my own observations and what I know and theories based on the topic itself.

Which is what I usually do, I know a lot of dead birds have fallen from the sky, I know that a lot of dead fish have floated up, I know that what ever the mainstream news has said about it is most likely a lie and therefor the possibility of a conspiracy exists.

At that point I simply start my own process of trying to determine what would make such a thing happen and why, and who would likely be behind it if it was a conspiracy and then I share that here on ATS, knowing that it's highly likely if not a certainty that what ever I have concluded is not being presented in any presentation mainstream or alternative, because I have my own unique views, sources, and way of deciphering and drawing conclusions that no one else really has.

I share, I answer questions, sometimes debate, respect that other people have different opinions, lather rinse repeat and move on, and try to be as pleasant to others and as positive about it as I can be.

So I am generally appreciative when anyone finds or posts an articles along the topical lines that I want to present my own information and theories on.

In this case that I believe military testing is what caused these birds to die.

So I appreciate you posting the article, because you provided me the proper topical venue to do that.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofjacob
sbcinfantry just sent me a message that he has notified the mods regarding this thread and I should not be suprised when the thread is moved. I am thinking that he got the idea from me when I said that if the mods did not think it was appropriate it could be moved?

I wouldn't worry about that, just so you know Alternative Breaking News is supposed to be no more than 36 hours old. So in truth it shouldn't be in this forum, but I wouldn't let that get you down.

Sometimes when you run across an older story like this that is still fresh the best thing is to use it as a basis for a general conspiracy thread, which just requires you use a little bit more of your own writings and opinions and theories to structure a presentation that is based off of snippetts of the story you post along with it.

This by the way if done well will get you a lot more flags, stars, and attention than a stand alone alternative breaking news story can.

In part because it can allow you to present the information in the article with your own twist that can make it even more appealing to ATS members.

I do this some times when I run across a great article that is too old to post as breaking news, here is an example if you want to get an idea of how you can do this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't let critics and some of the more mean spirited members bum you out or take what they do personally, there posts bump your thread in the recent posts board and give it more exposure, so just try to be politie and let them post as many times as they want because they are in fact doing you a favor by increasing the threads post count and positioning it higher on the board.

There is more than one way to skin a cat!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thank you for all the tips. And thanks for the link s+f. saving for future writing reference.

I guess I do need to develop a thicker skin for the meaner spirits. Just felt so blind-sided by the anger...and then the private message warning me that I was being turned in. O well all in all it still brought out some great thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Seriously is the world for real?!! Are we that blind that we cannot see what the hell is going on around us!!, HEY HAARP and Indonesia flick a switch STOP controlling the atmosphere for god sake...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Iridium is one of the causes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why does it always have to be the government who does things like this secretly, why can't it be the corporations with the power and money they have? They too can do things like this secretly to benefit their company's.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofjacob

Experts Suspect Military Testing Behind Mass Bird and Fish Deaths

www.salem-news.com

Yet another weapons technology has been under development for some decades. Scalar technology—invented by the genius Nikola Tesla early in the 20th Century—has the potential to turn the environment itself into a weapon and tune its deadly properties into a merciless, near instantaneous killer.

That advanced technology may have just been tested in Arkansas and Louisiana.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I dont believe its fireworks because then we wouldnt all be so stupid about it, would we? We would anticipate this happening every year on the 4th of July and I have never seen a mass amount of birds/fish die in New York because of fireworks going off.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wish we could find out what really happened
So far we have had experts that say its a pole shift, experts thats say it was cold weather causing it, experts say it was fireworks and now experts say weapon testing. These "experts" really have no idea
I think the more logical explanation would be gases from deep within the ground "burping" or pole shift. These animals are worldwide. Call it coincidence but weapon testing globally almost on a daily basis? It would take a lot of these "weapons" to do that globally. Also, besides the US, do you notice that it's almost all oceanside? With this intense weather and volcanic activity it just seems to be associated with it...Whatever it is... Star & Flag for sharing the info!

<< 1  2   >>

join