It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary ATS morals & Ethics petition when joining ATS??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Was just brain storming how Jared Loughner was here on ATS and he had a few posts were people actually replied that he should take some meds and that it sounds like he's a schitzophrenic.

I was basically thinking about a possible Voluntary morals & ethics petition that one could sign as a member of ATs that basically states things like "not killing others," "peaceful protests if I ever protest", "mental clarity," " not a terrorist and not a radical", "not a lone wolf," and a few others.

While I do not necessarily have a list of what would be on there, at least it could be an idea that goes somewhere and others can add to the list additional good items.

I realize there are semantic and philosophical implications of certain statements and therefor please od expand on this idea and list.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What's wrong with being a lone wolf? As far as socially speaking goes, I fit that description relatively well, but I'm not apt to eat chocolate covered baby toes anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Nobody reads those rules, (or 99% doesn't) so that wouldn't change anything.
Also, even if I would read it, and I would like to do something wrong, it's not like I couldn't just lie on the paper, or could I.... I could

So, no purpose

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
First, I've lost track, but has it been proven that he was indeed on ATS? Nothing I recall seeing stated this definitively up to this point. And to your point, signing a petition would not make a bit of difference in the behavior of a person who is mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I don't understand the point. Is it to do with legalities and protection for ATS?
Or for something else?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
but anyone on this site is considered a terrorist by default. i dont think it would work that well.
too fun being a terrorist, getting fbi stop by to make sure you arent going to hurt ppl, u know?
now when they were openly saying "kill assange" no fbi visits...
they have more rights.. they are the ones that define terrorist, remember that

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
furthermore, from the paranoid schizophrenic pov, they are thinking with perfect clarity, and that everyone else has lost their marbles. all comes down to pov

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Was just brain storming how Jared Loughner was here on ATS and he had a few posts were people actually replied that he should take some meds and that it sounds like he's a schitzophrenic.

I was basically thinking about a possible Voluntary morals & ethics petition that one could sign as a member of ATs that basically states things like "not killing others," "peaceful protests if I ever protest", "mental clarity," " not a terrorist and not a radical", "not a lone wolf," and a few others.

While I do not necessarily have a list of what would be on there, at least it could be an idea that goes somewhere and others can add to the list additional good items.

I realize there are semantic and philosophical implications of certain statements and therefor please od expand on this idea and list.

We already have Terms and Conditions of Use which everyone agrees to abide by when they register here.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
yeah i consider myself alone wolf also.

Oh well was worth a try

new topics

top topics

join