It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A.G.: Secure Border Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Texas A.G.: "Secure Border Now"

www.ktsm.com

By Bob Grotenhuis - Producer
Friday, January 14, 2011 - 2:01pm
NEAR FT. HANCOCK, TX - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is calling on congress to secure the border now in the wake of a shooting in Hudspeth County.

Greg Abbott is asking for a full investigation, hearings and action.

Yesterday, gunmen in Mexico fired across the border in what law enforcers think was an attempt by drug smugglers to scare away road workers......

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So now the cartels are taking on road construction crews in Texas; guess they are threatened by anyone's presence but their own.

According to the article no American road workers were killed or injured in yesterday's attack, but as Gregg Abbott, the Texas Attorney General pointed out in his letter today to the chairmen of the Homeland Security and Judiciary committees:

....."failure to secure our borders appears to have emboldened the drug cartels to the point that they are willing to intentionally fire across the border at innocent Americans who unwittingly interfere with their smuggling operations."

What's next, cartel members sniping at travelers at roadside travel stops?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Another reason to end these pointless wars. Bring those guys home and put them to work rubbing out the Mexican drug gangs.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Thanks for posting yet another news (local) source that can lend credibility for those not as close to the border:

We must work together to pursue all available means to protect Americans from the violence plaguing our border with Mexico.

The time for talk has passed. The time for action is now. Each day that passes increases the likelihood that American life will be lost because of the federal government's failure to secure the border.

Let's focus on the US borders before we worry about others' borders right now

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Whats next?........... Obama will pardon them and offer amnesty.

If i were prez.. I would deploy troops and or national guard on the boards fitted with video cameras and a statement... "Our troops will video the action across the board, if they for any reason feel there life is in danger or another Americans they have full pardon to shoot across the boarder. Since Mexico's government is too weak and too corrupt we must not longer allow the violence to go on. America will answer to no foreign body about this action, and we will make the boarders safe."

Problem solved!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The borders should have been secured a long time ago. Instead we fight endless wars that do nothing but break the average man and leave mass destruction in their wake. Why do these cartels always pick on unarmed americans? Come try that s#!t on my homestead and see what happens!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If I wanted to secure the border, I wouldn't bother with a fence.

Just deploy landmines, and turn on different sections on different days, completely randomized, out of the hands of border security. USA seems to think it's okay to use landmines to secure borders with North/South Korea, why not for their own borders?

Heavily sign post the mined areas and heavily advertise in Mexican media that the border is now mined, and that they proceed at their own risk.

Would stop all illegal immigration in a real hurry, for relatively few $$$. Much cheaper than a fence, much cheaper than deploying the National Guard.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If I wanted to secure the border, I wouldn't bother with a fence.

Just deploy landmines, and turn on different sections on different days, completely randomized, out of the hands of border security. USA seems to think it's okay to use landmines to secure borders with North/South Korea, why not for their own borders?

Heavily sign post the mined areas and heavily advertise in Mexican media that the border is now mined, and that they proceed at their own risk.

Would stop all illegal immigration in a real hurry, for relatively few $$$. Much cheaper than a fence, much cheaper than deploying the National Guard.

I like your idea... except that those sick drug cartels that have murded 10's of thousands would just sent kids and regular ppl to blow up the mines. They're kinda turning into radicals muslims down there with as crazy as they're getting.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If any of our presidents really cared about the security of this country, they would have secured our borders a LONG LONG time ago. simple as that.

I find it rather ridiculous that I have been stopped and searched on crossings to and from Canada while it is possible for aliens and TERRORIST to get into this country so easily if they choose.

Secure our borders, hey atleast it will create some middle class jobs.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by manta78

Thanks for posting yet another news (local) source that can lend credibility for those not as close to the border:

We must work together to pursue all available means to protect Americans from the violence plaguing our border with Mexico.

The time for talk has passed. The time for action is now. Each day that passes increases the likelihood that American life will be lost because of the federal government's failure to secure the border.

Let's focus on the US borders before we worry about others' borders right now

-------------------------------------
Your welcome! Ok. Let's start with sending our guys/gals home from Japan and Germany. I had a retired Army general mention that to me a few years back that we really don't need to be there any more; World War II ended more than 60 years ago....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Secure our borders, hey atleast it will create some middle class jobs.

Oh yeah!!!

And in many cases, they will at least be able to spend at least some time with their families AT HOME!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

It is interesting that the Patriot Act specifically addresses beefing up the border between Canada and the USA but says NOTHING about our most vulnerable border to the south.

Just goes to show what liars the District of Criminals are. Terrorists? If the government REALLY was concerned about Terrorists they would have used the funds in the "stimulus bill" to build the Frackin' WALL.

A lot of Americans have gotten sick and tired of the US Government's Texas two-step on the border fence issue.

Here is one group who is PHYSICALLY building the border fence: secure.conservativedonations.com...

Here is another group who monitors both the government and the border. Their videos are well worth watching. www.americanborderpatrol.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

What I don't understand is that Texans are supposed to be these no nonsense take no bull people. But what I'm seeing is a bunch of people with guns that seem to be taking an awful lot of crap from a bunch of Mexicans over the border I say it's time for a new Alamo. Only this time the tables are turned our guns are better and we have more ammo. I promise you that eventually if a stop is not put all of this some Texas child is going to be killed plastered all over the news forming a huge bubble of outrage and then a border won't mean squat. When the Texas militia and an angry mob of well armed citizens go over there and blow all of those drug cartels to pieces.

join