It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 99'ers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Was watching CNN just now and a reporter came on, his voice shaking, talking about a man, age 55, who emailed them to tell them just how bad it was trying to find a job at age 55. He has exhausted his unemployment benefits, the limit is 99 weeks, and is totally disgusted with the 'government' lies, disingenuous websites promising 'jobs', posting his resume unknown times, and never getting a response. He was very despondent in the email according to the reporter, and was considering ending it all because he didn't want to suffer through 7 more years until he was eligable for Social Security. Isn't it interesting that people of middle age who are having a very hard time finding jobs are being classed as "99'ers"? I'm 56, was layed off from my job on Dec. 31, 2010. I'm only elidgeable for 24 weeks of unemployment, which was taken out of my wages while I worked by the way, (so there should be no reason the state government should mandate that I look for a job as a condition of recieving unemployment, though I have, which leads me to believe they don't have the money to pay out in the first place!). Does that classify me as a "24'er"! Have applied for lots of jobs, both in person and online, and guess what? No responses! Wonder if I'll get to the point that the 55 year old already is, and which so many other people our age already are in this nation? Not blaming anyone though. I take full responsibility. Its my fault I didn't save any money and prepare for the end of my life, which we all have to face, sooner or later. To the 55 year old, and the rest of you 99'ers, 24'ers, etc., don't put your faith in humanity to save you, for they will not, and cannot, but put your faith in Jesus Christ! The end.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

The times are coming on when everyone will have to be a bit more resourceful. Try a taco stand or maybe do the "burrito out of the car" business. Park near to businesses and schools and put out a sign. Sell hot homemade delicious burritos and make at least enough to buy your next batch of ingredients--the burrito eaters will throw their money at you to make them more!

Yes, I am sure there are restrictions, but what is the worst that can happen if you get caught? I am sure that most cities have vendor fees and that can be overcome in some manner or another.

I am certain burritos would bring in more than unemployment; and besides who takes out money for "earned income" of the unemployment checks? You do at the end of the following year, so you best get those burritos warmed up you are going to have to pay taxes on that 24 weeks. It won't be nearly as much as the 99'er but nothing is worse than paying taxes on nothing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

The state and federal governments don't have enough revenue so they want to RAISE taxes and debt ceilings? Are you people nuts, or what?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The people who need help can't get it,but the banks and wall street get trillions of dollars.Our "government" is a joke.It's plain to see who they are working for.Hard times are coming but with each other and gods help we WILL get through it.

top topics

join